How many times a week do you use a facial scrub?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought one and wasn't sure as to whether I should it use everyday or every other day. Thanks in advance.

I exfoliate every 2 days; There isnt a set rule of how many times per week you should do it, I think it greatly depends on your skin type/needs.

People often make the mistake of exfoliating too much. Once is sufficient, twice should be the max.

I used to do it once a week, but if I have say, a coldsore, or a cut on my face, then I usually don't, as I'm worried about aggravating it
smile.gif

but yeah, generally once a week

Two to three times a week.. I think the instructions say not more than 3 times a week on mine..

I use a daily exfoliator, but it's super duper gentle. I used to use a rougher facial scrub and could only use it once a week, if that.

If I have broken out, I don't. Otherwise I find that baking soda is excellent every other day. It's cheap and does the job better because it's fine and polishes your skin, makes the pores smaller and tighter too.

I think it depends on your skintype/needs and on the harshness of the product.

I exfoliate once every two weeks, a bit more (especially on my nose) according to my needs.

For oily skin, once a week.

For dry skin, twice a week and always follow with a moisturizer.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I prolly shouldn't use the facial buffing thingie everyday then... Make sure that you don't keep use the same one more than once - they are crawling with bacteria after the first use. Doesn't matter how well you think you are washing them either.

i use a very gentle chemichal exfoliator 2 times a week, and one day a week i use a phyisical exfoliator (aka something with beads in it)

I use my scrub 2-3 times a week, that's all anything more and my skin will have flare ups of oily spots and overly exfoliated areas

I Exfoliate EVERY Day I think its only suposed to be like 1 or 2 times a week but I never pay attention I Love using a scrub & later applying makeup to a clean Smooth Face

I use a microdermabrasion scrub once a week, then a mild chemical exfoliant (glycolic acid 10%) every day.

Once a month I give my skin a week without using any exfoliants. For mature skin it works really well in keeping a nice smooth, healthy look.

Depends on how sensitive your skin is.. I’d say around 3 or 4 times a week (or every other day maybe)

And moisturize afterwards so it doesn’t get too dry.

Everyday, but mostly on my nose because after just 1 night I feel like there's a whole mountain of dead skin on my nose. Eew, ok TMI.

once a week =)

i used to do it almost everyday and my skin became very dry..

I use a facial scrub every day. It really depends on your skin type. You can get daily facial scrubs that are very gentle to use every day.

Latest posts

Back