How Long Did It Take Before You Guys Made It Official?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ya know, as in officially a couple - boyfriend/girlfriend?

Who decided or how long was "just talking" taking place before being together?

I'm wondering how soon is too soon to be officially a couple.

I remember in High School if someone liked you and vice versa, you were automatically BF/GF without even knowing their last name. Haha.

Me and my boyfriend knew each other for about 2 years prior to dating, and talked for 6 months before we were "official." lol

biggrin.gif

I think it was 5 months. lol Neither one of us were looking for a relationship but sooner or later I noticed we were acting like a couple when werent even trying to go in that direction. So I asked and I think we both agreed to make it official.

for me, within a few weeks -I would have 'the talk' with them about whether we were exclusive, or whether we were dating.

Usually a few weeks, get the feel for how things are between you and if it's going anywhere, then the talk, then I know
smile.gif

I always had a 3-month rule. I´d go out with someone for about 2-3 months before even considering calling them my boyfriend. That´s just my experience...the minute you actually call a guy your boyfriend it means a lot more, and being dumped hurts a ton more. So, the guy ends up your ex-boyfriend instead of "this guy I used to go out with"

It took us like 2 months to officially say it. We started hanging out around the middle of December, and kind of made it official on Valentine's Day.

We were friends first and then we started hanging our more and talking more so then maybe two months we decided were boyfriend and girlfriend. No misunderstandings here
smile.gif

Well when I first met my boyfriend he was still with his girlfriend but was trying to get out of the relationship, except she just wouldn't go. Then he met me and we flirted and stuff, kissed (I thought he was single) and had a date before Christmas '07. Then in late Jan '08 we started seeing each other and it was official from the word go really as we both felt more than just an attraction to one another...

i think it depends on the people.

i have only had 2 boyfriends so i may not be the best person to ask. with the first one it was about 2 weeks, where as with the current boyfriend we dated for a month before making it official

I may be in the minority when I say we weren't like the best of friends at first. It was like a month where we started to really like each other, and one day, it just clicked and that same day we were together. Still together.

It's different for everyone.

Well, it wasnt official (I think it was probably before 6 months. since neither dated others, and we moved it along fast). But we went to a work party after around 6 months together and he kept introducing me as his girlfriend. Now we are engaged, live together, and have been together over 7 years. Crazy.

hmm... it was probably about 2 or 3 weeks in? i remember our first date was 22nd october and by the time the US elections came round we were being exclusive.

Back