Reusable Coffee Cuff!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have seen these reusable coffee cuffs everywhere online (think, etsy.com):

3099419502_bfd8297d40.jpg

and I was thinking about buying one, especially after today, since starbucks ran out of sleeves and I had to burn myself as I walked to work.

And then I thought to myself, screw that, I can make one myself! for less! and it will be in the material and everything that I want!

so I made one tonight!

Tada!

IMG_1631640x480.jpg

IMG_1635640x446.jpg

That's really cool, Rosie!! And its pink!!
smile.gif

Looks like a business opertunity? Set up a stand outside Starbucks!!

lol!

I hope it works too! It should do, since it has an elastic hook, but if it doesn't, I can just move the button until it fits perfectly
smile.gif

it worked! yay!

it kept my coffee super warm too! and the good thing is, you can wear it as a bracelet/cuff, so you won't lose it between using it on your coffee cup!

very cute
smile.gif
you could do hidden velcro and still have button as ''functional decoration''

yes, I thought about doing that - the template I used to make it with wasn't long enough though, so I knew I'd need a button/elastic thingy
smile.gif

Rosie, my hands thanks you ! It looks very cute, let me shop in my mother's stash, she still has tons of fabric from the time she tried patchwork, i have to have my own.

Thanks Rosie ! I'll have to go buy some fabric first, i don't think i have one that's thick enough. I was thinking green with little cherries. Then i think i'll use velcro as well as the elastic/button method.

I know its an old thread...

I like that cuff. The button and elastic would make it able to adjust automatically to the diameter of the cup by slipping the cuff bottom first. Elastic with stretch around. Velcro, you'd have to open the cuff and size it to the cup by closing it around again.

I have seen this sleeve used in action..Rosie even uses it on cups that have cold drinks in them! haha

Why have I never seen this thread before? lol!

When I saw the first pic, I was like "That looks like something someone could just make themselves," and you did! And yours looks way better! So cute!

Back