Lakme Bridal Sutra Collection (Indian makeup!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no idea how many of you know about Lakme cosmetics. They're an Indian cosmetics brand owned by Unilever and they are sort of like a style cross between Maybelline and Neutrogena (minus the mineral makeup claims). This collection is for Summer 2009, so I'm sort of late, but I decided to make a thread about it because this forum needs some more activity :)

Enrich Matte

LIPCOLOR

Enrich Matte is a lip color with super rich moisturisers combined with a silky matte texture to give you a natural, soft look. In delicious shades of nudes, peaches, roses and honey.

bri_sum_lipcolor.jpg

Just Kissed

CHEEK AND LIP TINT

Just Kissed Cheek and Lip Tint is a revolutionary, new product that adds a pop of color to your cheeks and lips giving a freshly flushed look.

The silky gel works into your skin and adapts to your complexion into the shade you blush naturally. Highlight your cheeks with a flush of color for that just-blushed look. Dab evenly on your lips for a berry-kissed look.

bri_sum_liptint.jpg

Glide On

LIPCOLOR

Glide On is a lip pencil that glides on smoothly, stays creamy, and keeps lipstick, gloss, and lip tint from feathering out of bounds. Use it to define your lip-line or fill your lips with a coat of sumptuous color in shades of barely-there nudes to crushed ginger shades. It can also be layered with Enrich Matte Lipcolor or Lakmé Just Kissed Cheek and Lip Tint for added intensity.
bri_sum_lipglide.jpg

Eye Artist

Outline, define and intensify your eyes in one easy stroke. Bring out the artist in you. Create wings or bold, structured eyes. Eye Artist is a unique foam tip eye liner pen that gives you complete control and precise lining so you can experiment till you get that ultimate, dynamic look.

bri_sum_eye.jpg

Silk Naturelle

DAILY FOUNDATION

Silk Naturelle is a weightless foundation that blends into your skin for a naturally beautiful and radiant finish. Its fresh, silky and delicate texture leaves your skin flawless as if wrapped in silk. With gentle moisturisers and sunscreens - SPF 8, this natural make-up is designed to be used every day.

bri_sum_foundation.jpg

Pure Rouge

BLUSHER

Pure Rouge is a pure pressed powder blusher that provides sheer, lightweight application. Color builds lightly layer after layer without heavy coverage. The natural shades delicately highlight the apples of your cheeks and add a warm glow to your complexion.

bri_sum_blusher.jpg

Best of all, none of these items cost over $10. I've converted the rest of the prices of the other items on their website from Rupees to U.S. Dollars and the prices are the same -- nothing over $10. I've only tried the shadow quads and WOW they are really, really good. The color is great and the shadows are very silky. The best part of this whole line is that the colors are meant more for those who aren't RED! I'm so happy to finally find a line that doesn't suffer from CoverGirl syndrome (I hope someone gets that joke).

Hopefully I can get my hands on some of these items so I can swatch them for you guys!

Here is the link to the promo page: Lakme >> On top of the world

omg.. i love lakme!

it has the best eyeliner for cheap price.

i got the blushes n its soo shimmery n pigmented! N the eyeshadows r very vibrantttt n pigmented too
smile.gif

I really like the lip colours and eyeliner but I dont think this makeup is available to buy in the UK.
frown.gif

Back