I'm a boy but I want to look like a girl - I need fashion/makeup tips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, im a boy and I'm new here, my name is J. I also go by Christina though and I wanted to post a few pictures on here and see what yall think I need to improve my look! I'm horrible at makeup and I really need a lot of work, Ihave a few cute outfits I think but let me know what you all think! Thanks
smile.gif

xoxo

Christina

that's such a cute dress!

Hmm. I would suggest just becoming more comfortable with makeup application - watch videos, read tutorials, and practise! honestly I learnt so much from just floating around here and looking at what other people had done, and asking how they'd acchieved it.

Hey!! The line forms behind me! I was here first! Lol.

Rosie correct.. You need to read what's here first and then we can help with any specifics..

And Welcome to makeuptalk!!

lol I dont know where to start! Like what colors would be good for me? What kind of clothes would flatter my body best?

it seems like you're doing fine in the clothing department!

eyeshadow wise I'd suggest golds and metallics, browns and purples?

You look fabulous, but I would suggest a little tweezing on you brows to give you a more feminine look. I love your legs!!!

And short dresses are fun but its a dead give away at the mall.. Maybe something a bit longer and more casual.. Skirts and knit tops... Accessories!!

I'm usually the only person wearing a skirt when I go out enfemme but I don't stick out from the crowd... Much..
smile.gif

lol I know short skirts/dresses are a bit of a giveaway but I love them so much! I just like to show off my legs
smile.gif
. If i went out id totally just wear jeans and a top to cover up my upper arms and shoulders...

Welcome Uhm First things first I'd say with Makeup is to Learn how to Countour !!
smile.gif
When I do Men's Makeup & they want a feminine look I always apply a light Foundation/concealer base Ya know cover any blemishes & Than start with A Shade that is 1 to 2 shades darker than their actual skin tone & shade lightly the jaw area, (to have an appearance of a smaller jawline), Shade the sides of the forhead and a bit atop (to make a smaller hair line) Than With a Shade that is lighter than yours highlight lightly the center of forhead, center of chin down the bridge of the nose, and under the eyes!!

And a bit thinner eyebrows or use a clear mascara to tame the eyebrows and shape em a bit!

Oh And Lashes or jusat curling your lashes can bring out your eye a bit as well!
smile.gif

Hope this helped you out a bit Love the Dress BTW !!
smile.gif

wow great idea! i wanted to find a way to do something with my bushy brows lol, ill have to try to clear mascara, i didnt even know such a thing existed! great advice too btw, i will have to try and post pics
smile.gif
. I have fake lashes on in those pics too, you cant tell? I guess the pic quality isnt that great.

lol when/where do you get to do mens makeup? I would totally come by!!

Ulta also makes a clear eyebrow gel.. And you can still pluck your eye brows thin but leave the individual hairs a bit longer and muss them up for guy mode.. I just keep mine thin all the time and no one cares or notices..

Hi Christina,

I just wanted to say that I'm new to MuT too, but I think you look wonderful in the pictures you posted. Hair is a little out of place, but we're never perfect at any time. Not without a hair stylist & makeup artist. Although I think the ladies here have perfected their techniques, they may as well be both!

Clothing wise, I'm sure at this point you'd probably be able to give ME tips because I'm so simple. But beautiful look hon : )

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif Welcome Uhm First things first I'd say with Makeup is to Learn how to Countour !!
smile.gif
When I do Men's Makeup & they want a feminine look I always apply a light Foundation/concealer base Ya know cover any blemishes & Than start with A Shade that is 1 to 2 shades darker than their actual skin tone & shade lightly the jaw area, (to have an appearance of a smaller jawline), Shade the sides of the forhead and a bit atop (to make a smaller hair line) Than With a Shade that is lighter than yours highlight lightly the center of forhead, center of chin down the bridge of the nose, and under the eyes!!
And a bit thinner eyebrows or use a clear mascara to tame the eyebrows and shape em a bit!

Oh And Lashes or jusat curling your lashes can bring out your eye a bit as well!
smile.gif

Hope this helped you out a bit Love the Dress BTW !!
smile.gif

Monet, do you have a tutorial for this somewhere?

Monet you wrote something up for me once on the contouring. I remember it was a great write up you did. I will look.

Welcome to mut. Also, I think your makeup looks fine. Are you looking for a more dramatic look?

Latest posts

Back