Eyeshadow Color Combinations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there is an amazing website out there already that lists hundreds of MAC eyeshadow combinations. However, I'm more interested in learning about colors that go well with other colors. Sorry if that sounds strange ... let me try to clarify.

For example:

Blue shades go well with ...

Pink shades go well with ...

Green shades go well with ...

Silver shades go well with ...

etc, etc, etc.

I see many looks where there will be one color on the lids, and a completely different color on the lower lash line -- when the two shades compliment each other, the look is intriguing.

I have soooooooooo many eyeshadows and I really want to start experimenting with them ... I just don't know how to pair them in a way that makes sense.

Any expert advice?

Thanks!

Ok; here are some combinations I have tried and are sure they look fabulous!:

-Blue Green

-Orange Brown

-Gold Brown

-Pink Purple

-Red Gold

-Turquoise and Green

^That one actually looks really nice!!!!!!!!

Hope that I helped you!!!!!!

Peachy tones can be used with green, teal and bronze, pink and peach, sapphire blue w/silver pop. uhmmmm that's all i can think of for now.

Have fun! =)

It's not that complicated
smile.gif
Get a color wheel, then there are two basics : you compliment one color by using a similar one or by using its contrary to create a contrast. Then you decide if you like the combo, and if you do, keep it
smile.gif

Here's my list :

Black and white go with everything, shimpagne as well (imo).

Blue : bronze, green, purple, silver, grey, orange, peach, brown.

Pink : purple, green, brown.

Green : yellow, blue, teal, gold, orange, peach.

Purple : pink, blue, green, teal.

One combo that works perfectly is green and teal, perfect for summer. The trick is to play with shades and finishes.

Latest posts

Back