-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

Sleep With Wet Hair?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 13 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

I know I shouldn't but 90 percent of the time I take a shower at the very end of my day to sleep comfortably. I just cut it Friday and it's still long imo so I'm gonna cut it shorter within the next two weeks when I have time. It was a spur of the moment thing.

I hate using blow dryers and I don't use them except for special occasions. They've damaged my hair badly before so I just don't bother. Before I cut it with my hair being almost to my knee, I didn't care about having it down so I'd just put it in a bun and it'd still be wet the next night but now that I'm gonna have my hair down more often, I need some tips to minimize breakage or damage to it and without waking with a birds next on my head.

"Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future."

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 2 of 13 OFFLINE   Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

My hair is medium long now. What works for me is having my hair in a ponytail, when I sleep. I use an "ouchless elastic from Goody, but I'd wager that silky scrunchies are even better to prevent damage.

#Post 3 of 13 OFFLINE   laurie_lu

laurie_lu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

I always go to bed with wet hair. I shower at night. In the mornings I take a spray bottle filled with water to tame my hair. I use a Tourmaline dryer to get body. My hair greatly improved when I switched to a Tourmaline dryer. The negative ions really do add moisture and prevent damage.

#Post 4 of 13 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

I occasionally got to bed with my hair wet but I do usually either wake up with hair smashed to my face or giant hair, depending on the weather. To avoid tangles I have found it is much easier to loosely braid it starting at the nape of the neck and using a soft scrunchie on the bottom. That way it isn't too tight to make it hard to sleep and since the braid starts at the nape of your neck you are laying on giant hair bumps.

#Post 5 of 13 OFFLINE   limelite

limelite

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 24-August 09
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

if you put your hair in a bun while wet and go to sleep you'll cause breakage

#Post 6 of 13 OFFLINE   Nick007

Nick007

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Joined 12-January 07
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

To your knees!! Wow that was long.
NYX Distributor

#Post 7 of 13 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by limelite View Post
if you put your hair in a bun while wet and go to sleep you'll cause breakage
Hence why I'm asking for advice .

Thanks ladies! I'm gonna have to try a loose braid then with a soft scrunchie. I feel so weird having my hair down lol.

"Maybe you should eat makeup so you can try and be pretty on the inside, b*tch."

#Post 8 of 13 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

Yes, no buns while sleeping. I rarely sleep with wet hair as i shower in the morning, usually i don't tie it (you know, like in fairytales, sleeping beauty with her long flowing hair awaiting her prince ...)

You can ponytail it with a scrunchie, or i just english braid it.

#Post 9 of 13 OFFLINE   bathory313

bathory313

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-August 09
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Constantly pulling your hair back into one style, ESPECIALLY when it's when will cause breakage, no matter what scrunchie (do people still use these things????) or band you use. Why not wash your hair earlier in the day, then take the soothing shower before bed without washing the hair?

#Post 10 of 13 OFFLINE   Adrienne

Adrienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,691 posts
  • Joined 25-September 07
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by bathory313 View Post
Constantly pulling your hair back into one style, ESPECIALLY when it's when will cause breakage, no matter what scrunchie (do people still use these things????) or band you use. Why not wash your hair earlier in the day, then take the soothing shower before bed without washing the hair?
Unfortunately I leave the house at 8:00am and don't get home til 6:30pm. I typically go to bed at 10:00 or 10:30 but in between those four hours, I've got chores to do, leftover household runs, and we have one bath with 6 adults and one child. Time is a luxury I don't have .

#Post 11 of 13 OFFLINE   pinksugar

pinksugar

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,832 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

I go to bed with wet hair all the time. I leave it down about 95% of the time and I've never even thought about breakage to be honest! oops!

#Post 12 of 13 OFFLINE   reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

You ppl don't catch colds? If I don't sit under the hood, I get one...
~Sabali~

#Post 13 of 13 OFFLINE   Asha*

Asha*

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 15-March 08
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

I do sleep often with wet hair, I normally just let it fall where it wants, lol.