Best Liquid Eyeliner *drugstore*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good liquid eyeliner from a drug store? Don't have tons of money to blow on this item but I know there are some good cheap'ER ones out there. Hit me up!

drugstore liquid liners tend to be a bit flaky, it's best to get a gel liner which generally last longer and aren't a bad quality. l'oreal HIP are great and I think wet n wild do one too.

I like the Revlon Colorstay liquid liner. I use that and my Shiseido eyeliner pen. I use the pen most days but for a thicker line the Revlon is great. The pen works better for me as everyday liner because it has to be super-thin since I don't have much lid space showing when my eyes are open. For most people the Revlon is just fine.
smile.gif

Maybelline Stiletto liquid eyeliner is a great one! I've always steered away from liquid eyeliner and opted for gel/cream eyeliners instead. But this is the first liquid eyeliner that I really like and works for me.

Originally Posted by Snoofard /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybelline Ultra Liner,I do use it sometimes in brown. I had that one and hated it. It flaked on me.

Thanks! I may try the HIP Gel liner...didn't realize they had that! THANKS all!

Originally Posted by Snoofard /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's odd how different things work for different people,everyone I knows brags on Aussie 3 minute miracle and it has never done a miracle on my locks I wasn't impressed with that either lol. It's funny, even people with similar skin types will have different things work or not work for them. Weird.

I used to like Almay's 16 hr liquid liner. Used it for years before I started with cream/gel liners. My favorite is WnW cream liner.

I see a lot of people love L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liner over on Youtube.

300.JPG

Never tried so I can't confirm if it is good. But for me the Hip Cream Liner was good, but as time went on it didn't perform like it did.

Thanks for posting bcreative. That was one of my favorite liquid eyeliners. The only problem for me was that it was a bit thick so you could never get a very thin line. I still recommend it bc it was very easy to use.

Colorstay is supposed to be real good.... I use the HIP colortruth but when i run out i'm trying that one...

Revlon Colorstay is really nice - about 8 dollars. Only black and brown, though.

Prestige makes nice colors in liquid eyeliners, but they only stay put about 3 hours.

It's not "Drugstore" but the Sephora brand liquid eyeliners are not bad. Their prices are good too. At about $10 - it's pretty close to drug store prices.

The Kat Von D lasts longer and has a real brush. It's $16 - still not bad but not exactly drugstore.

My friend just bought a liquid liner from the Kat Von D line in a sparkly black. She loves it, she has oily eyelids and she's been wearing it every day since she bought, raving how great it looks and how it doesn't budge.

I agree, it does look great
smile.gif
Luckily I can borrow it if I want to lol
smile.gif

I think the last liquid liner I used before switching to gel and UD 24/7 was LineExact by CoverGirl: LineExact Liquid Liner :: COVERGIRL

My main beef is that it seemed to always dry out after about 3 months. It's been about a year and a half since I used it last though, so I honestly don't remember how well it stayed. I remember it applied beautifully until it would dry out -- it applies horribly when it's dried out. doesn't seem to matter the quantity of product left, either...I had one bottle dry out on me just after a couple of weeks (I'm assuming it was a bad bottle).

I want to say if I rubbed my eyes, there'd be like chunks that would flake off by the end of the day, but rubbing your eyes isn't a good habit if you've got eye makeup on anyway. It wasn't too expensive though, and it's small enough to fit in a purse for touching up if necessary.

Back