Easy to apply eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yaya.gif
Hi !

My mother-in-law loves eyeliners, but she has no abillity in putting it on, it smudges all over.
frown.gif
I want to get her a good eyeliner for Christmas.

So, I want your advice in an easy to apply eyeliner, what do you think eyeliner in gel, a pen, the right brush? I was looking for something that dries fast and gives some stability to her hand.

i love the bobbi brown long lasting gel liner. i find it really easy to apply with the brush i got with it, but i can't tell if thats because i've been using liquid liner for years or if it's just an easy product! lol

there's one by shiseido which looks like a felt tip pen, I've never tried it but it looks pretty easy to use as eyeliner goes!

really only practise will make it look better
frown.gif

I've heard of the Shiseido being amazing but never tried it before. I'd say in terms of making it very easy for her to apply just a regular eye pencil would be best to practise first and then an eyeliner pen. L'oreal makes a nice liquid eyeliner pen.

The Bourjois khol&contour eyeliners are great. Pencils remain the easiest option for me, but like said before it's practice that makes it perfect.

I could never get the hang of eye liner, til I tried the gel liners from Px, Mac, and Bobbi. I LOVE them now and really don't use anything else. The only others I love are the Px Beaming ones because they are pencils, but glide on like a gel. But you'd better get those quick.
frown.gif

I personally find liquids easier to apply. I currently use Lancôme's Artliner, because I find that tip the easiest to work with!

Agree with a previous poster regarding the need to practise though!!!

It takes practice to apply eye liner, It took me a couple months to get use to having something that close to my eyes. Some people takes a year, depending on sensitive are their eyes. Tell your mom to keep at it, and to have make up remover with q-tips.

Thank you soooo much !

I bought the eyeliner in gel from M.A.C this weekend and I think it solves the problem that mom had with the smudges, because it dries so fast that she does not have the time to put it all over like she does with the liquid liner, and it applies in a thin line, different from pencils.

But the make-up artist at M.A.C told me to buy a brush, so I bought the 269 brush that she told me to buy. The thing is, that brush costs me like 21 eurous (outch!), that is more expensive then the eyeliner. So I bought a cheaper one from Sephora for 9,90 euros. And I am thinking about returning the M.AC. one.

They don't look at all similar, but I think the one from Sephora does what is supposed to do. I did not try the one from MAC because if I did, I could not return it.

So, do you guys think it is that important to have the right brush? Does it make a difference worth the price ?

Originally Posted by livialage /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you soooo much ! I bought the eyeliner in gel from M.A.C this weekend and I think it solves the problem that mom had with the smudges, because it dries so fast that she does not have the time to put it all over like she does with the liquid liner, and it applies in a thin line, different from pencils.

But the make-up artist at M.A.C told me to buy a brush, so I bought the 269 brush that she told me to buy. The thing is, that brush costs me like 21 eurous (outch!), that is more expensive then the eyeliner. So I bought a cheaper one from Sephora for 9,90 euros. And I am thinking about returning the M.AC. one.

They don't look at all similar, but I think the one from Sephora does what is supposed to do. I did not try the one from MAC because if I did, I could not return it.

So, do you guys think it is that important to have the right brush? Does it make a difference worth the price ?

I have the 266 which is the bigger version of the 269 and it's great, but honestly, unless you really want a slanted brush, return them both, then go to any shop selling paint brushes, and get a number 000. Works very well and it's cheap.

I would say the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on. I think last holiday season they had a multipack. If she prefers a gel liner, Stila smudge pot, make up for ever creme liners, or smashbox have been my top picks. As for the brush, I would rec. an angled brush b/c its easier to get close in the corners with it. Eye liners takes some practice and some patience if you want it to look right.

Back