Which YSL Touche Eclat?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know which YSL Touche Eclat I should go for (#1,2 or 3)?

To get an idea of my skin colour, I use MAC Studio Fix NC30.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
icon_confused.gif

I would guess the number 3 color, the light peach... But I am not sure... I know Trisha uses this, so hopefully she'll see this thread soon and reply...

U are defintately a no. 2 or 3. I am NC20(an estimate as I haven purchased a MAC foundation before) & I use no. 1. No. 1's definately for fairer skin tones so for u its got to be either 2 or 3...

oh really?? I am an NC30 and I have it in #1...I don´t use it anymore cause I didn´t like it (back when I thought it was a concealer) and then I used it over my BB concealer and it didn´t really make a difference.

hm...maybe it IS too light for me. it seemed ok though...will have to give it another try. hope I didn´t throw it away yet, will have to check my stash

#2 or #3. i'm a nc30/35 right now and tried the #3 which worked well on me. just haven't purchased it yet. the #1 was wayyyy too light for me.

Originally Posted by Arielle oh really?? I am an NC30 and I have it in #1...I don´t use it anymore cause I didn´t like it (back when I thought it was a concealer) and then I used it over my BB concealer and it didn´t really make a difference.
hm...maybe it IS too light for me. it seemed ok though...will have to give it another try. hope I didn´t throw it away yet, will have to check my stash

When I bought it, the SA told me that #1 was for fairer skin tones & #2 was for darker skin tones. #3 is not available in S'pore. I'm quite fair & when I tried on #2 on my hand, it seemed too dark for me. Have u gotton a tan? U seem quite fair(in your avater) for NC30 or am I geting my shades mixed up?
icon_redface.gif

I had also thought that it was a concealer which was why I decided to get it. In the end when I found out that it was not, I had no choice but to use it on my face instead as it only highlighted my undereye circles...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 When I bought it, the SA told me that #1 was for fairer skin tones & #2 was for darker skin tones. #3 is not available in S'pore. I'm quite fair & when I tried on #2 on my hand, it seemed too dark for me. Have u gotton a tan? U seem quite fair(in your avater) for NC30 or am I geting my shades mixed up?
icon_redface.gif

I had also thought that it was a concealer which was why I decided to get it. In the end when I found out that it was not, I had no choice but to use it on my face instead as it only highlighted my undereye circles...
eek.gif

yup, I´m a NC30 in fall/winter...although when I use self tanner I am a little darker than that. I am confused now too
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha did you PM me about this? i have a memory of someone PMing me about YSL TE!!
anyway i'd go for #3 but it would be best if you could post a pic!

and charmaine is right, i use it over my concealer as its a highlighter! x

I saw this presented on QVC, and it looks SO pretty! The MA used it on the cheek and browbones as well to highlight. Seems so pricey for just that little pen, though...

Originally Posted by Trisha my last one lasted me a year and i used it virtually everyday under my eyes! WOW! That's a long time! Have you ever tried it as a highlighter on your face, or just under your eyes? I think the packaging is so pretty, and I am not a big fan of gold usually.

I'm confused as to when you put this product on? After all concealers and foundations? Do you put a powder on top or is the YSL the final step? Where exactly under the eye do you apply it? An why would you want to highlight under the eye?

Hehe, sorry so many questions. I'm really interested in this product but have no clue what the heck it is!
smile.gif

Check my avator to see a pic of me!

I did PM you about it but I've heard #2 may be ok for me. I am really confused!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha did you PM me about this? i have a memory of someone PMing me about YSL TE!!
anyway i'd go for #3 but it would be best if you could post a pic!

and charmaine is right, i use it over my concealer as its a highlighter! x

I hope this description helps:

Instant highlighter: Touche Eclat Radiant Touch

• A take-anywhere pen-brush for adding a touch of light or banishing shadows and signs of fatigue from the eye area, the hollow of the chin, the contour of the lips and the sides of the nose.

• For all skin types.

Some people mistake this for a concealer which it is not.

#1 is Luminous Radiance - said to work well w/Light Complexion

#2 is Ivory - said to work well with Light - Medium Complexion

#3 is Light Peach said to work well w/Medium/Tan - Dark Complexion

I am a medium / tanned complexion w/yellow undertone and I use the #3.

HTH.

Thanks for that info pheonix. Is this a product that should be an exact match to your skin? Or should you go a step lighter light some people suggest for concealers and such? Does a powder go overtop?

GreenEyedAngel - to be honest, as I understand it, it should be matched with the undertone of ur skin thus the highlighting effect. I use it over powder, over foundation. It does not cake as it is very sheer. In my case, I use it above the eyebrows, under my eyes, the middle of my nose to open my eye area up and make my nose look less "chubby" LOL. I use other products to lighlight my cheek area.

HTH

i had this in #1 and returned it because it didn't cut it (the product, not shade). i'm NC20. i have #2 now in a sample i got from neiman marcus. i'm gonna try that today...

I HAD THIS A LONG TIME AGO I DONT REMEBER WHAT SHADE I GOT, I JUST REMEBERED THAT I LOVED IT, I USED IT AS A CONCEALER I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT CAN BE USED AS A HIGHLIGHTER INTIL RECENTLY.HOPE YOU FIND THE RIGHT SHADE FOR YOU.
icon_lol.gif

Im also nc30, I suggest the number 2 as a general under eye shade and can be used elsewhere.

I will be buying this shade too. 

Feel free to stop by my beauty blog for any beauty makeup talk its by the same name as this username. 

Latest posts

Back