How do you wear purple lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm assuming most people pair purple lips with a cool eyeshadow, but I wanted to ask for your opinions. I recently got NYX Power (Lavender Whip dupe) and MAC Faultlessly. Do they only look good with silver, blue, and smokey eyes? How would you use this color?

Feel free to post pics. Thank you!
helpp.gif

I like wearing purple lipstick with a neutral face however it would depend on the shade of purple. Deep purples work best with cool colors while brighter purple hues can go with warmer shades(think gold, yellow) Look to nature for color cues(sunset pics, flowers) there are lots of fun ways to wear purple.

I was just practicing with my purple lipsticks NYX Power and MAC Faultlessly

here's my first practice look with NYX Power

o6bv9u.jpg

It's orange, purple, and pink. I just used my 72 e/s palette from ICING and MAC Espresso on my brows. I got the idea from Temptalia! I am wearing Red Cherry #42 lashes. I love themmm.

2hwgnqc.jpg

2my3r6u.jpg

I added a little dark blue to the lower lash line above the orange

Here's one more look with NYX Power and two with MAC Faultlessly (I primed my eyes with NYX Milk jumbo pencil for all of them except the second one which was done with NYX Baby Blue):

This one is light blues with teals on the lid and a pale purple on lower lashline from the ICING palette, and Victoria's Secret Teal Zeal glitter liner on upper lid:

2qbr51z.jpg

2yl9puq.jpg

Smoky black, charcoal gray, and light silver eyes again with ICING palette (but I added some Wet n Wild glitter in Pink Sugar because I like that streetwalker look lmao jk):

2rpd3bl.jpg

1y4kzs.jpg

2dv50tv.jpg

Frosty eyes (same frosty mauvish pink front lid to browbone and lower lashline):

qzp3de.jpg

256bbdk.jpg

2rc7gc3.jpg

I choose copper lips and eye pencils when I am working with lilac, wine, burgunder and purples. I do not like it when it is to much blue in my face.

Wow, those all look fabulous. I wouldn't have thought to pair it with anything but a neutral look, but those combinations are looking good.

When i had one i used to pair it with cool eyeshadows, pale blue, mauve, pale pink, with just a thing line of black eyeliner. I think nowadays i'd dare the smokey eye but it's very intense so only for parties.

You can also imitate one of my favorite singers :

Siouxsie_Sioux_3.jpg

Her lipcolor is more of a pink purple or purplish red, i'm not sure, but she really pulls off that dark eyes, dark lips look.

Creole I like your last two looks the best. I tend to stick with light cooler colors when I used purple.

Purple Lips coordinate wonderfully with not just silver, blue and smokey eyes, but it looks great when combined with eyecolors within the bronze AND GOLD family also.

Latest posts

Back