Best Black Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all! I browsed a bit, I am sure this topic has been made before but I can't find it..in any case, here is what I want in black eyeliner: I want it to be soft enough to pigment my waterline, but not so soft that it looks like I have black undereye circles by the end of the day. I have tried a few, like Rimmel...so far I am happiest with H.I.P.'s but I haven't tried any actual brand products. Also, if there is a simple method to making the liner stay put (setting with a particular product or any kind of prep) that would be helpful too!

I use Lancome Kohl and love love love it! A little pricey though but if you look around I'm sure you can find a great buy!

I'm a fan of BadGal Liner and Stila Kajal in Onyx. I set my liner with a black shadow and it stays put all day, even on my water line.
smile.gif

The search for the perfect black liner is endless, isnt it? I use a combination of pencil liners, no joke, depending on the look. Good Ol' Cover Girl Brow & Eye, Urban Decay 24/7, Styli Style 24, and Revlon Color Stay.

And then there are the gels and creams, oh gosh...

Lol, same here,i really like Bourjois eyepencils, and UD Zero. But i can't say i've already found my dream black khol.

For waterline I have been happiest with sephora's flashy liner. I also have MUFE aqua eyes which is good too. I've used UD's 24/7 liners and they smudge too much for me.

i know you don't have it in the US, but the black barry m kohl liner is amaaazing. it stays on your water line and thought eventually it creeps off, it doesn't really go under your eye and make you panda-ish.

For a gel liner, I swear by Wet N Wild cream liner in Black. It's cheap and works wonderfully!

oh, thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of setting the eyeliner with a powder (like black eyeshadow) I just finished a stage makeup class, where we learned that setting with powder is what makes the makeup stay on! Thanks for the recommendations!

*edit* and thanks for linking me to the search!! lol!

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif For a gel liner, I swear by Wet N Wild cream liner in Black. It's cheap and works wonderfully! I use this also, it does not go anywhere!! This is the longest wearing eyeliner i have ever used. You can't get a smudged look with this but when it lasts all day long that doesn't matter. I just put powder over it to get that smokey look

For the waterline, I use MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder and set it with any black pressed powder eyeshadow.

I have feline from MAC, and I love it. It doesn't smudge, or run. I love it, but I only has one
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Amendria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have feline from MAC, and I love it. It doesn't smudge, or run. I love it, but I only has one
frown.gif
I almost bought Feline but decided not to since I have Smolder...but now I'm kinda wishing I bought it. =(

i use wet n wild creme liner, mac kohl in ebony.

both are okay... im still on the search for a better liner

I tried Wet n Wild's creme liner and although it works great, it dries out really fast.

After a life's quest on this issue I found that Almay Eyeliner in Black is the way to go. I've stuck with it since. Avons waterproof glimmerstick is pretty good, but I like Almay because I don't have to order it.

Back