All natural ALL DAY primer that wont break you out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Korres makes a primer with no parabens, silicones, etc. Even tho it is pretty natural (going by what the company claims), it didnt work for me at all. I got a small sample size from sephora. I really like laura mercier primer and it works great on my sensitive skin. I found my perfect primer when I went to sephora and pratically got samples of all the primers they have available lol. Good luck with your search!

I use a Primer made by Michael Marcus I love it and its tinted too! I'm acne prone as well and haven't had the same problem as I did with Smashbox Photo Finish.

Lets see.... the website says contains vitamin e, aloe, hemp seed oil, omega fatty acid, chamomile... can be worn alone or with foundation.

Hefty price though but I love it and it has lasted forever so far!

https://michaelmarcus.cybrhost.com/m...tegory_Code=PR

Awesome THread! I have acnegenic skin and silcone based primers break me out! :-( ITs a shame cuz they make a huge difference in the staying power of mmu. I have tried a natural one but it did nothing. My makeup had melted by mid day...BOOO!!! Help!

does anyone know of any more natural primers besides the ones listed? i've never used a primer just because my skin will break out like mad.

It may help if you could say what it is in the primers that breaks you out. Natural ingredients may do the same thing

However, I have tried the PureLuxe eraser and it does work well, it is incredibly lightweight. I have really sensitive skin with adult acne and it has not broken me out or increased shine, as previous primers have done. I also like AubreyNicole's advanced gel primer, but I am not sure it is all natural

Yep, me too, me too! I want to know. Silicones also break me out and are present in almost all primers.

I am currently using a sunscreen from Korres that doesn't contain silicones. It is sticky as heck. However, I usu. mix it with lotion (not containing silicone) to cut down on the stickiness, or just apply a little bit, then use a silica based veil to cut any leftover greasiness.

I wonder how the Korres primer would work for me...

Natural liquid primers:

Tarte Clean Slate

Boscia Skin Perfecting Primer

Bare Escentuals bareVitamins and PRIMETIME Primer(s)

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

MAD Minerals Foundation Primer

Camellia Rose Original Skin Smoothing Primer

You can Google the names to find out more info.

I'd just directly link you to the products, but I can't post links yet, sorry @_@;.

I've really wanted to try the Boscia Primer. I too, am in search of a natural primer.

I've read some raves about a primer Fyrinnae makes that is silicone free. I dont anything else about it, seems every time I try to go to the site its down.

THey regularly have server problems/updates i think, i've stumbled upon the problem a couple times, but it seems to be working now.

Yup, Fyrinnae has occasional problems with their server being down, more so in the last couple months. Thanks for the reminder a/b Fyrinnae! I think it must be their silica primer. I'm really exited a/b that b.c. right now I use loose silica to control shine, but it flies everywhere! It would be great to have it in a gel formula.

I've used the Fyrinnae silica primer before. It works well. Make sure you moisturize well before using it or else your skin will end up having white patches.

Otherwise, it's a great primer. I also use Milan Minerals powder primer.

Originally Posted by Kikikyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALOE VERA GEL!
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea!  I guess if you got unscented gel, like Fruit of the Earth, that might work well.

I've been using Aromaleigh's mineral primer.  Alima has one too, but I really didn't like it that much.  I know Meow has one, but I can't remember if I tried a sample.  Keep in mind, those are all powdered primers.

The All Natural Face sells a very good Aloe gel that doesn't need refrigeration.  It's fairly liquid.  I put some in a serium pump bottle so I don't get far too much and waste it.

Any aloe gel that doesn't need refrigeration has some preservative added to it, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sounds like a good solution.

From their site: "It is simply cold pressed aloe vera leaves, potassium sorbate (food grade preservative), citric acid, and xanthan gum."  So natural preservatives.  I actually double-checked with them about refrigeration, because I wanted to be sure I could store it in the bathroom.  =)

Latest posts

Back