Why you should get a facial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last birthday my parents got me a gift certificate for a spa treat. I had a few selected in Paris (the theme revolving around those beauty institutes/spas was skincare from around the world), and to get the most of it [and to fuel my addiction !
laughing.gif
], i chose the Menard Institute, which is japanese skincare.

Well, it was worth it !

First it's located near the opera Garnier (which is worth being visited for its architecture, especially its fantastic double stairway), in the area of Paris that is also the japanese area, with the grocery store full of japanese delicacies (and japanese labels, ugh!) and japanese restaurants.

The institute is a quiet place, with a japanese touch in the decoration, soft music in the background.

I got my face cleaned, then exfoliated and masked, that's roughly said because it's not just applying, massaging and rinsing and onto the next step. The lady used precise, gentle motions, lotions, let the product work before rinsing.

I was also surprised with the mask, usually i don't like peel off masks, and this one was applied in a thick coat, but after 15 minutes and a leg massage it peeled off so easily and my face was so clean and bright i revised my opinion entirely.

The lady also used a steamer during the whole process of cleansing and exfoliating, whoaaa !
inlove3.gif
I want one !!

She also massaged my skin and pressed some kind of pressure points around the face, to make it firmer. That i'll have to research because i could really feel it work during and after.

I was feeling tired with my recent illness, my exams, the snow messing with public transports, so this was the perfect treat. Then i got offered a tea, the lady said it was japanese and the tea addict in me recognized genmaicha, green tea with rice, which was perfectly convenient as i wanted to taste it.

Of course, i got introduced to the products used on my face, and i got samples. I want to stress that as it's so rare to get samples in skincare, and i wanted to know which herbs and weeds were used in my mask (in an attempt to make one at home lol). Too bad their products are so expensive, i could only afford a bottle of toner.

It was my first real treat of the like, so i was really satisfied, and one week after, i'm still happy about it.

I'm always complaining how my nose pores are blocked and look dirty in a few hours. Well, one week after, some are barely getting dirty, and some are still clean !
rockwoot.gif

Fabulous
biggrin.gif
It sounds like a wonderful treatment! It's nice to treat yourself to a facial every now and then, it really does make a difference to your skin. That's why we recommend you come back every 4 weeks
wink.gif
hehe

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're a temptress !
laughing.gif
I do my best
wink.gif
hehe

I want one too!!! I bought all kinds of stuff so I could give myself one, but it would be nice to be pampered and have a professional tend to me.

That sounds inspiring. I have had a couple facials before but they were just o-k. Your experience makes me want to go to Paris and get a Japanese facial! Thanks for sharing!

I love facials!!

It's good to get one done ever so often cuz it really does make your skin look better! Takes out all the blackheads and dead skin!

Just reading your post made me relax lol. That sounds soooo good! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I would love to get one done myself.

Back