Dewy Makeup Look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice or tips on how to create a dewy makeup look, something very natural and pretty. The dewy makeup look is my fav!! I always see it being used on runways at fashion shows. Any advice on how to achieve it would help.

Lots of Love,

xoxo

People comment to me alot that I have a "dewy" look and I use MAC's Hyperreal foundation.

For my "Dewy" Look I use a sheer, moisturizing foundation and a highlighter on my cheekbones. I really like Benefit HighBeam for that. Glossy lips also look good with a dewy face. Oh..... and the term "dewy" (for those who don't know) is a type of finish to the face or foundation. It usually means a little shiny and fresh looking. It is the opposite of a matte face.

Gel blushes are great for getting a dewy look, Stila makes one in a stick format I really like. Using a tinted mosturiser instead of foundation would help too.

I like to mix in a highlighter into my foundation for a dewy look. My favorite is Chanel's Pure Brilliance Liquid (there are two shades: Bronzelit and Sun Kissed).

Originally Posted by babykisses Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice or tips on how to create a dewy makeup look, something very natural and pretty. The dewy makeup look is my fav!! I always see it being used on runways at fashion shows. Any advice on how to achieve it would help.

Lots of Love,

xoxo

To acheive a dewy look, I mix Armani Fluid Sheer #2 with tinted moisturizer for all over the face. I conceal as needed and use YSL Touche Eclait under the eyes and the dot a half moon shape around the eyes to above the brow then sort of pat it in. I dust (with a brush) translucent powder. I rub a bit of BeneFit's Glamazon on the areas where the sun would hit my face and then dab a bit of BeneFit High Beam on my cheek bones over a cream blush. For eyes, I use a MAC paint in my color of choice that day, usually something more on the nude site with some black mascara and liner or I'll use BeneFit's Gilded pencil to line and use a more gold toned shadow like Clinique's Touch Tint in a golden sparkle shade. For lips I vaseline them before I start my makeup and then use a pinkier/peach gloss like Nymphette. It's just my thing.. I really like doing a dewy look.

i use mac's hyperreal foundation. but if you don't want it all over your face, use a satin finish foundation and add something like stila's liquid all over shimmer on your cheek area.

Originally Posted by Liz i use mac's hyperreal foundation. but if you don't want it all over your face, use a satin finish foundation and add something like stila's liquid all over shimmer on your cheek area. Good idea!

I like to use products after my foundation to get the dewy look - that way i can place the dewiness where i want it.

If i'm using a liquid, i use Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Potion.

Or if i'm using a powder, i like MAC Skinfinish in Shimpagne.

HTH!

Mac's Hyper Real is great for a dewy finish on your skin but if you have only a matte foundation try to mix it with a highlighter like Ikebana said!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha there are many ways to achieve the look!
  • light reflecting/dewy finish fndt
  • tinted moisturiser
  • highlighter product (Stila AOS, MAC MSF, GA Fluid Sheer) either mixed with fndt or on high planes of face
  • cream/gel blush or gloss
Trisha i wanted to ask you if Stila's Pivotal Skin is a reflecting/dewy finish fndt??
icon_wink.gif

I use separate powders or lotions to get the dewy look, since I have never found a shimmery foundation that matched my skin. I use Wet'n'Wild All Over Shimmer and Acapulco Glow (great cheapy drugstore finds!), BareMinerals foundation (light dusting), Aromaleigh finishing powder, and Sally Hansen skin brightener, although I have a major lemming for Stila's liquid luminizer!

Originally Posted by Trisha Sorry if i helped that lemming grow, the AOS Liquid is beautiful tho! Points finger at Trisha...its all her fault! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Is it released in the UK yet? How do the colors differ on? I can't decide which one I want the most!

Originally Posted by Trisha it does give a lovely dewy finish, i prefer it to the Illuminating Liquid Foundation!
plus Pivotal has SPF8 and is oil free, the sponge is anti bacterial! x

Thanks Trish!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

bumping this thread to see if Trisha can help me out with the Stila luminizers...
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha we havent had them in yet! but i'll photo them and give you more info when they come in! x Oh really? Sorry, I thought that the UK had them, but you and some of the other UK girls say that some things take longer to come out there; patience is a virtue!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hope I'm not being a bother
icon_redface.gif

i use mac select tint foundation and cream color base or skinfinish for the cheeks or both. cream blushes and shadows are great too. i use a vibrant e/s on the eye like amber lights or woodwinked and finish with a nice glossy lip. then dust the face with a dry powder or face brush

Back