Need a No Buy - Especially Eyeshadows.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to MUT but not too makeup, i have far too much stuff, especially eyeshadows and liners.

I started a no buy at the beggining of the year which will last until the 28th March (i will break in then as i am going to the US and its my only chance to get some US brands). I will probably re-start my no buy as soon as i am home which will last until i have significantly reduced my stash - i'm thinking 75% reduction?

The Rules:

No Makeup at all (except to replace a HG thats has been completely finished.)

Exceptions: My Vouchers i won at work which i will be using for a MAC etc haul. Fyrinnae order which i had already decided to make - i am just waiting for the new colours to be released.

No Lush/TBS/Enchanted etc products - i have plenty of Bath/ Shower and Hair stuff to use up too.

For every 25 products i use up i can treat myself to something new - to encourage me to keep going.

Think thats all...

Thanks for any support or encouragement you can offer
biggrin.gif

That's a great idea! I think rewarding yourself is a great thing to work towards!

GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck! I find that a no buy really gets you to be creative with what you do have.

Kraezinsane: I think you need to go on a go-buy
wink.gif

internetchick: Loose Eyeshadows are great for getting creative, sometimes i mix my own shades... have run out of small jars though.

That sounds like a great plan! The 25:1 product rule will definitely slim down your stash.
smile.gif

Vulcan, I just went on a go-buy!!

I got....

Coastal Scents Gel Liners:

PeachBelliniGelLiner_300.jpg
Peach Bellini

SilkWhiteGelLiner_300.jpg
Silk White

Glitzy-Glam:

minimergency.jpg
MiniMergency for Girls

DSC00125.jpg
Black and White Double (Tampon Holder)

I got a couple of shadows/liners from NYX too
smile.gif
But.. I can't remember exactally which ones I got. I deleted the e-mail. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> /epicfail

YEY! Very nice
biggrin.gif
. What are the Coastal Scents products like? I like the idea of the emergancy kit and tampon holder - i've never seen anything like that over here. Enjoy your new products
biggrin.gif

I really like the CS eyeshadows. They crease without a primer but they are really pigminted..
smile.gif
I haven't gotten them YET. They're in the mail :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The mini-mergency just has a few must haves like a nail file, tampon, breath freshener, lip balm, sewing kit, etc
smile.gif

And I really liked the idea of the holder, lol! It was so cute, I coudln't resist!

The Glitzy-Glam is a site: http://glitzy-glam.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=136 Mni-Mergency

http://glitzy-glam.com/store/index.p...=index&cPath=9 Tampon Holder

OMG! Why in my 26 years have I never seen a tampon holder before?! That is brilliant! I just ordered the double purple disco one!

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG! Why in my 26 years have I never seen a tampon holder before?! That is brilliant! I just ordered the double purple disco one! Are you serious??? We have a brand here in Oz called Moxie, they come in little tins. I think they're so cute!
3-tin-variants-horizontal.jpg

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG! Why in my 26 years have I never seen a tampon holder before?! That is brilliant! I just ordered the double purple disco one! Lol aren't those great!

Back