Help how do you heal a picked pimple?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help! I picked a pimple - I know I'm not supposed to and I'm usually really good about just leaving them alone. But now I have an open sore spot how do I get it to heal and how do I keep it from getting scarred?? Also, now I'm gonna have to cover it with make up which usually makes it look worse - any advice?

I use a triple antibiotic cream like Neosporin. Works great and fast.

Thanks!!! I really appreciate it -- how long does it usually take? I have definitely learned my lesson about picking....

Mine look better over night.. If you dab a little on before bed. And completely healed up in 2 to 3 days.. Assuming you didn't dig a meteor sized crater! Lol. I get them on my right cheek almost weekly. Really annoying.

A lot of dermatologists will tell you to use a Vitamin E oil on the area to prevent scarring. You can get it just about anywhere... even most dollar stores.

Yup. Vit E for scarring.

Neosporin though? Really? I was gonna say tea trea dries up stuff for me. But they're usually small.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a triple antibiotic cream like Neosporin. Works great and fast. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us........

Derms usually recommend Polysporin over Neosporin but either works.

If you didnt pick at it too badly it can look better over night but should be better in a few days.

So last night I triedsome neosporin and vitamin e before bed, things look a little better this morning but still not great
frown.gif
Hopefully if I keep doing it I'll get some resolution in time for Valentines Day.

I usually put Polysporin on it at night. It helps it heal faster and it stops any infection from happening.

I use Raw, never barreled, heated or strained honey. At night dab a small amount onto the area and cover with a band-aid. Remove in the am.

Vitamin-e lotion at usually at night. Just never try to pick it unless it's necessary.

Of course, the Vitamin E does work for sure. Moreover, dont try to pick your pimples anymore it takes you to the worst look. Better leave as it is.

I agree, vitamin e or an antibiotic cream. Next time you really want to pick at the annoying pimple, use a sanitized needle.

I am SOOOO bad at picking at my skin!!!!

I know I am not supposed to, but its like I can't help it.

So I am always left with wounds... its sad.

I use Burts Bees Blemish Stick to heal my damage. and if its bad, hydrocortisone with an anti-biotic.

somethin thats helped keep my skin a little bit clearer is a asprin honey mix, it takes the dead skin off and leaves your skin smooth because its got a acid in it that good for your skin and it in some of the more expensive face products. a also use a face wash called noxzema, it works pretty well for me and ive had problems with my skin for years and a lot of things irritated my skin or made me break out worse. i cant use proactive because it broke me out and dried my skin out really bad, maybe those will work for you to help keep the zits away.

I use vit e oil, too. Although at night I use my clean and clear persa gel (my favorite) to prevent it from turning into a bigger pimple and then in the morning I rub a thin layer of vitamine e oil over the area. Make sure you're taking vitamin c supplements so your body will produce more collagen as your wound heals.
smile.gif

I use Polysporin Antibiotic Ointment on picked pimple as well as cystic pimple then I put small circle bandage over it before going to bed. It either helped greatly on picked pimple or reduced the size of cystic pimple.

I have heard many great things about Tea Tree Oil because it actually kills the bacteria just like first aid ointment.

Back