Bismuth free foundations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all- I've been reading all the great info here but I have some questions:

Who has a good bismuth free mineral foundation?

-Everyday? They seem to have ethics problems and CS problems and consistency problems... etc..
smile.gif

-Glo?- seems to have bismuth and CS problems (fulfillment of orders)

-Merle Norman? Are we sure it is B-free? I have some but it still makes me itch-might be a mica problem but I'm testing for now.. mine doesn't have the packaging from years ago to see the ingredients

-BE- I've been using BE but it drys my skin and itches

-Tarte- anyone try this? The pressed powder seems to have Bismuth but their tinted moisturizer doesn't-I ordered some to try

Suggestions? Please link to website if you have it...

Thanks!

Ocean mist, Signature minerals, Elegant minerals, EarthenGlowMinerals, Buff'd, Lumiere, Lucy minerals...

Thanks for the info...

Let me take this further and ask which of these companies have

been around for awhile and might be around in the future? Reputation?

Consistent quality? Do they mix stuff in a spare bedroom or a clean factory?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by valkyriesound /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the info...
Let me take this further and ask which of these companies have

been around for awhile and might be around in the future? Reputation?

Consistent quality? Do they mix stuff in a spare bedroom or a clean factory?

Thanks!

The four I listed are established, respected companies. You can read about their practices on their sites.

I've been using a bismuth free foundation for ages and I love it! My skin doesn't get irritated and my mineral makeup is so lightweight that it feels like i'm not wearing any. If you have time checkout pinQ Mineral Makeup (that's what I use) coz its free from all the bad stuff =)

I've been using the "Botanical Blend" foundation form Stardustcolor.com. I think I've finally found my HG foundation! I have very dry skin and it actually feels like it's moisturizing to me. Also, I discoverd when using BE that it wasn't the bismuth making me itch....it was the brushes. I only use synthetic bristle brushes now and my old BE doesn't make me itch anymore, so I can use it up (I still have 2 jars). Stardust is a Canadian company so shipping can take a little longer, but I think its worth the wait!
wave.gif

Favorites

EGM (Earthen Glow Minerals)-site is down now for renewal? But email to order a free foundation kit. It'll just cost like $4.00 and order by your complexion-light, medium-brown-dark. Definitely get one cause it comes with a lot of samples for cheap. Order Cover Me kit if you like matte and Youthful Glow if you like a little glow

Barefaced Minerals- both formulas are excellent so I'd definitely order samples of both formulas

Monave-I like the concealer foundation but this too is a winner.

I found KmS Mineral Essentials a couple of years ago when searching for a Bismuth-Free product and I love it!

kmsmineralessentials.com

Back