Are you happier being single?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just want to know, are you girls generally happier when you stay single or in a relationship? Even married women as well. I find that with many past relationship I was in, I was generally happier when I was with them, but the fights and breakups were very heart breaking and takes forever to heal. sometimes I think that it's better to stay single so you can avoid the painful heartbreaks that last months. As well as the fights during the relationship.

When a relationship is going well, I'm happier in it than being single.

It is very difficult to get over a relationship, whether it is finished or I have had enough and want to move on.

As much As I did like being in my LAst 5 1/2 yr Relationship with the father ofmy kids Im sooo much more happier alone Only because I like doing what i want when I want Without having to check in or being asked 21 questions !! I like it & Im much happier Alone , There are times I miss a relationship But My happiness & freedom alone Beats any relationship moment !! I think its great when i see friends in relationships happy Or married but Thats just not me I like answering to myself & only myself!!!
smile.gif

After being in a very bad relationship I'm happy as a lark being single. I'm not looking for a relationship right now and at some point in the future I will know when I'm ready.

I'm one of those girls who have never been in a relationship so I'm not a fan of being single. I think it would be nice to have someone right now.

I love being single! since last year Iv been single for the first time in 14 years..

Feels wonderful, best feeling ever!

I much prefer being with someone than being single, especially now as my current relationship is without a doubt the best one I've ever been in.

Mind you, there are pros and cons to both being single and being in a relationship, so it's what works best for you I guess.

I'll admit there's a freedom that comes with being single. Not having to worry about another person's well being. Being able to make decisions on the fly without messing up somebody else's routine. Those differences stand out to me. But I'm basically the same, lol! Just worry a bit more.

i am a relationship kind of girl. and whats great about my relationship is i still feel like i have all the freedom of being single. i still do everything i would normally do (which doesn't include parties or stuff like that cause i've never been in to going clubbing) but now i have my best friend with me to enjoy all of that too!

I love to be in a relationship. I have been in my relationship for over 10 years now. We started to date when I was 15. I wouldn't have it any other way. I <3 him!

I prefer being in a relationship. I enjoy having someone to come home to, to plan a future with, to plot the downfall of the whole universe with *cackle* I managed to marry my best friend so I guess that is why.

I agree that being in a good relationship is much better than being single. Finding that person is another matter though, and frankly, being in a bad relationship is much worse than being single.

Currently, I'm single and I love it, I have things that I do, my own little routine, and I know that some of those things would suffer if I chose to enter a relationship - I mean, when do you most see a partner? mostly on the weekend, but we have my favourite dinner at home on fridays, I go jogging on saturdays, breakfast with my sister on sunday mornings, and dinner with my girlfriends on sunday nights, so when exactly could I have a boyfriend stay over or stay at his without leaving someone or something out?

I think essentially I'm looking for someone pretty special to pull me out of my comfortable little 'single person' shell, and while I look forward to that day, there is a lot to enjoy about being where I am too

I'd like to say that being single is liberating and blah blah blah....but I personally would much rather be in a happy, healthy relationship. While like Rosie, I do have my weekly/daily routines....I also think if you really want it too, adding someone into your routine is not an impossible task.

I'm currently 'pre-dating' a guy (havent physically been on a date yet, though thats comming this week...we just talk... a lot) and the idea of a new person in my life/relationship makes me all giddy inside.

Well i have only been in unhealthy relationships so from my perspective I am much happier being single. I basically feel the exact way Ingrid does. Now maybe if i knew what a good healthy relationship was i'd prefer otherwise.

I've been in very bad relationships. I would not ever let myself slip back into that life again. I do not enjoy being single either. I love being in a relationship. Having someone to do even nothing with still makes me smile just to watch them doing the things that make them happy. Sharing all my dreams and helping them realize their own every chance I get is fulfilling. After my last breakup it was very difficult. I realized that I was jumping into rebound relationships and generally selecting partners based on visuals and hopes and finding out down the road that it was a huge mistake after the honeymoon period was over but trying my best to change them into what I was looking for. It never worked out that way so after the last breakup I decided that I would not date anyone for at least two years. In that time I discovered the eworld. I also learned how differant it was learning new people with my mind and removing physical attractions altogether. I found my perfect soulmate. They lived more than 3 thousand miles away which drove me nuts. We eventually found each other and I have never regretted a moment of being with them and love them more today than I did the day I first met them. No, I did not enjoy being alone and single more than being in a relationship or I would never have kept looking until I found the person I was meant to be with.

It depends on the relationship! If the guy makes the relationship easy then I love being in a relationship but otherwise I would rather be single. I guess I'm the kind of girl who likes to have quite a lot of independence so I like it when a guy isn't too attached. In a way I guess that means I prefer to be single but I have had some amazing boyfriends and it can be really great to know that you have someone there when things go rough or if you just need some lovin'!

I'm single and I can say that being single for so long now gets lonely and boring and it just plain sucks. Especially when all your friends are in a relationship and want to do couple things and you are the 3'rd, 5th, 7th etc. wheel. It's hard. I think I would much rather be in a relationship and have that feeling of someone caring for me back. It would feel so comforting.

i'd be lonely if i was single too, but i'd find a way to make it work i guess. i'm generally very independent and in some respects i prefer being single, but i love my boyfriend and can't imagine being without him now.

It goes up and down for me.

At first when I date, i'm initially happy until I see the true side of the person i'm dating and I always end up pitching them in the trash.

I'm generally very unhappy after being with someone for just a few months... it really messes up my routine and my daily activities and takes away a lot of joy from my life. Dating someone has ALWAYS interfered with my goals, and I understand that's because I need to date more scholarly and goal-oriented men. You can always tell when I date someone, because I gradually put on weight ;|.

Everything has to be done in a specific way 99% of the time in my life, and i'm yet to meet someone who will work together with me and just didn't want it all his way.

I usually dump, take a break, stay single or again but right now i'm single.

There are of course, plus and minuses to both.

Back