Antibiotics question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what antibiotic is left??? I am allergic to penicillin...biaxin... macrodantin, tetracyline.. .. avelox.. I just don't know what to tell the dr to give me for this sinus/ear infection.. Please help.. I took two doses of biaxin that the dr prescribed two days ago and have bloody stool.. shakes,,, nausea, weak... .. Called dr and said to quit taking it .. but I need to get rid of this infection too

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Vantin and Ceftin ok thank.. have you taken this for sinus infection before? Any bad side effects at all?

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Vantin and Ceftin oh I see that these are in the penicillin family. so I can't take these either
frown.gif
(

Yeah i think you are not gonna find anything. What aboout the shot? Is it in the same family? ask your doc

I used to get ear and sinus infections from allergy "back up". I was getting so clogged that things would get stuck and infected. I am not sure if this is the cause of yours, but if it is decongestants will help everything unblock. Once unblocked most people will heal those types of infections with proper diet and sleep.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to get ear and sinus infections from allergy "back up". I was getting so clogged that things would get stuck and infected. I am not sure if this is the cause of yours, but if it is decongestants will help everything unblock. Once unblocked most people will heal those types of infections with proper diet and sleep. would zyrtec or claritin help.. without the decongestant thought.. for some reason that make me really shaky and fast heartbeat.. What kind of decongestant did you take?

surely the antibiotic is for the doctor to decide?

go back to him, tell him you need to get rid of the infection and name the ones that haven't worked/you can't take. he's the doctor, not you!! you can't just second guess prescriptions like that.

I'm with getting a decongestant or allergy medication. Also invest in a neti pot. They really help with clearing out sinuses and soothing them.

I also think you should consult with yr doctor about what other antibiotics are out there and alternative treatment. You're in essence trying to prescribe for yourself, and you've no training. Get back with him.

Back