Favourite self tanner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, long time reader first time poster
smile.gif
hope this is in the right section!

what is everyones favourite self tanners? any recommendations?

thanks!

well im a bit of a fake tan addict so hopefully i can help out here!

St Tropez is one of my favourites and i've used it quite a lot in the past, the only downside I would say is that the tan itself doesnt last that long!

Im currently using Joliese sunless tanner at the moment though and having some very good results! its got a very nice natural tan colour and feels good for my skin as well which is a bonus. I took some before and after pictures while using it so you can see for yourself how good it is
smile.gif
pics: Best fake tan - Your guide to self tanning!

I use the Loreal Sublime Bronze. I have for 5+ years... the tinted lotion... so I can easily see where it is going.

Some reviews on it are mixed, some people feel it doesn't dry quickly at all. Which, it doesn't really. But I don't ever leave with one coat, I usually always put on 2. I'll wait a around 15-20 minutes between applications. But it does take a little bit to not feel sticky, you just have to be patient. I usually lounge in shorts and tank while it dries. And to speed the drying process, I go over my body with the hair dryer which helps a ton if you can't stand feeling sticky for awhile and being patient. It also gives me an extremely even color that isn't orange and makes me sparkly, lol. I've NEVER had a problem with streaks (what I love about it) and always get complimented on how natural I make it look
smile.gif

I have noticed they have put out a new product called LUMINOUS self tanning, supposed to be instant action. I have some but haven't applied it yet due to my knee getting all scraped and bruised. Didn't think self tanner would go well around THAT, lol.

loreal-sublime-bronze-luminous-bronzer-self-tanning-lotion.jpg

These are the products I have used for soooo so long -

300.jpg

This for my face - the only negative thing about this is it leaves me feeling slight oily once applied but goes away pretty quickly while drying. It has never broken me out, and gives great color. & it's dual action with self tanner and instant bronzer.

I use sublime, too. I really like it but the darkest one has glitter in it and I hate that- what if you don't want to be glittery?? I wore it one time and people kept asking me if I had body glitter on.

Ugh.

The lighter ones don't have it though, so I've been having to just go with those instead.

I would really suggest doing a search on self tanners though. Wayyy too much info and you will have a lot more options to look through. I think I posted in one thread about Famous Dave's tanner- very popular on some body building message boards.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use sublime, too. I really like it but the darkest one has glitter in it and I hate that- what if you don't want to be glittery?? I wore it one time and people kept asking me if I had body glitter on.Ugh.

The lighter ones don't have it though, so I've been having to just go with those instead.

Yea, sometimes it is too sparkly at first. I like it though, I've never been noticed for it. I always thought the sprarkles didn't last long? Lol. I do adore sublime bronze though, I'm pretty much unwilling to try anything else. The only thing I MAY end up considering to do different with is a face tanner, but even then... prob not. Cause I like theirs, I just don't like how it applies at first. You kinda gotta be an expect and feel like you have a mask on for 10 mins after application. But I LOVE the color and color is my key with self tanning, I got all the other stuff down
wink.gif

Glad this was posted....I use to live in Nova Scotia, around many many beaches so tannin just happend. Now I have moved to Montreal which doesn't have so many beaches....and its so humid I stay inside beside the airconditioner. Its been a year since I have been here....I am soooo pale, I didn't even know I was this pale lol. Since a tanning bed is so bad for your skin I choose to try a self tanner......I just purchased oil olay touch of sun for body and face. I have only been using it for about 3 days and it is gradual....so far I'm happy with it. I will do a review on it when or if it takes me where I want to be. If it doesn't now I have a few suggestions
smile.gif

I LOVE St Moriz! It's an exact replica of St Tropez, but WAY more affordable. St Tropez retails for about $30 and I ordered my two bottles of St Moriz off Amazon for $8 each. The downside to St Moriz is that it's kind of hard to get ahold of. I believe it's only sold in the UK so you may have to dedicate some time online hunting or maybe even doing a swap with someone in the UK.

Anyway, I like it because it has a green undertone so you get more of a brown tan rather than an orangey tan. It's really easy to apply and say you're in a rush to get out of the house it only takes about a minute to dry. It's good for body AND face, plus it doesn't smell bad. I use St Moriz quite often and it's definitely the best, in my opinon!

Originally Posted by sunnysarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif well im a bit of a fake tan addict so hopefully i can help out here!
St Tropez is one of my favourites and i've used it quite a lot in the past, the only downside I would say is that the tan itself doesnt last that long!

Im currently using Joliese sunless tanner at the moment though and having some very good results! its got a very nice natural tan colour and feels good for my skin as well which is a bonus. I took some before and after pictures while using it so you can see for yourself how good it is
smile.gif
pics: Best fake tan - Your guide to self tanning!

I love the pictures. The tan looks so natural Im going to have to try it.
smile.gif

st. moritz is only ok.. i've used it for a while and it fades REALLY fast. most of it washes off in the shower, and it fades very patchily and weirdly. sort of leaves your skin looking a little scaly. it's alright but you get what you pay for really.

i use xen tan deep bronze, it's amazing. it's super moisturising and a really natural colour. it's the best fake tan i've ever used.

I've been looking into self tanner as well but I'm afraid of coming out orange. So this thread has really helped.

I'd like to read more too.

Originally Posted by CremeCup810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE St Moriz! It's an exact replica of St Tropez, but WAY more affordable. St Tropez retails for about $30 and I ordered my two bottles of St Moriz off Amazon for $8 each. The downside to St Moriz is that it's kind of hard to get ahold of. I believe it's only sold in the UK so you may have to dedicate some time online hunting or maybe even doing a swap with someone in the UK.
Anyway, I like it because it has a green undertone so you get more of a brown tan rather than an orangey tan. It's really easy to apply and say you're in a rush to get out of the house it only takes about a minute to dry. It's good for body AND face, plus it doesn't smell bad. I use St Moriz quite often and it's definitely the best, in my opinon!

Me too!!!!!!! I just got a bottle off Amazon as well, and I LOVE it!!! It's definitely the best that I have used.I am amazed that it doesn't stink too_One application lasts long. I also would recommend trying to get your mitts on this!

I also like Clarins, and fake Bake, but St. Moriz is so much cheaper, and yes, better!!!

Jergens natural glow. I have been using it for 4 weeks now and really like it.

Ive used loads of fake tans but have been with St Moriz for the past 2 years and cannot grumble at the price.

St. Tropez fan here...I wish I could find a good facial tanner though for my sensitive, acne-prone skin.  Because St. Tropez clogged my facial pores so I've only been using it on my body for the past months, but now I have a tan body and a white face.  But I know it'll be near impossible to find one...It's expecting too much: natural color, formulated for acne prone sensitive skin, and long lasting on the face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The self tanner people seem to only concentrate on one area at a time.......

My HG self tanners......For my face, I use St. Tropez's Whipped Bronzing Mousse.  I apply wearing latex gloves and it dries within 60 secs!  It's the best!  I apply it to my face, ears, neck and chest areas.  For my legs and body, I use Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Strike Gold Self Tanning lotion.  I even have an extender by the same brand.  I also just purchased True Blue Spa Bronze Bombshell Solar Power all angle professional airbrush tanning spray.  I hope it works as well as the Strike Gold.  They are from the same line.  I will write a review on it once I've used it a few times.  I'll have to check and see again whether or not you have to rub it in or not. I just read the bottle and it talks about not having messy hands or funky streaks...so I'm taking that as you don't need to rub it in.  What do you all think?  I think I will call BBW and see what they say.

I forgot to mention that I use my clarisonic on my face prior to applying the St Tropez Whipped Bronzing Mousse.  I reapply after using my clarisonic every 2nd day to keep the glow going.  I have no clogged pores or imperfections.  It works great!  If you haven't invested in a Clarisonic yet, do, it's worth every penny! I haven't had a clogged pore or imperfection on my face or neck since I started using it about 5 months ago.  Very happy!

Another thing I didn't think to write is that NONE of the self tanners I use turn me orange in any way what-so-ever!

Back