Cool or Warm Skin Tone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, i still don't know! i think i'm cool toned. my veins on my arms are blueish. but then my actual face always looks flushed and "warm" to me though. but i suit foundations that have pink in them so i guess that makes me cool.. ?

lool i have no idea.

i am completely lost..and am trying to read more.

i got green veins and i took myself as "warm".

and its true about the colors. i look best in browns and greens. Gold as well.. so it must be right.

i was hoping someone would shed more light into this.
biggrin.gif

Interesting! I always thought Jennifer Aniston was warm-toned.

It was never a problem for me to define my skin tone since my skin is corpse white with see-thru veins (nah, it doesn't look as yucky as it sounds!) but it just made me realise how tricky it can be for those who's inbetween.

interesting read. I always thought most ppl were warm toned (despite what this article says).

I'm still not quite sure what I am. In MAC, their cool tones foundations (NW) match me best, in MUFE I'm neutral toned. I looked best in blue and purple clothing, can absolutely not wear yellow or orange. Yet I can pretty much wear any makeup colour and it looks great. I think I'm prob neutral toned most of the time and perhaps warm toned in the summer.

do you mean NC? i always thought NC meant cool and NW meant warm. i don't know though, i only own one mac item and it's not foundation!

It's important to remember that when you're trying to identify your undertone, any redness or irritation from heat, stress, or environmental factors is to be ignored. Your undertone is the color under all that, and it never changes.

I think it is a great article - thanks for posting.

Maybe it could be made a sticky? It seems like there are a lot of threads started with muters asking how to determine whether they are warm or cool toned.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you mean NC? i always thought NC meant cool and NW meant warm. i don't know though, i only own one mac item and it's not foundation! No I meant NW. In MAC foundations, NW is for cool toned ppl and NC is for warm toned ppl. It's sorta reversed and confusing if u're new to MAC

Thanks for the article. I clinked on the link at the bottom and did the test on that website. It was really interesting to me. So from that I think I'm a deep autumn. Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by Shadowy_Lady /img/forum/go_quote.gif No I meant NW. In MAC foundations, NW is for cool toned ppl and NC is for warm toned ppl. It's sorta reversed and confusing if u're new to MAC gosh, i never knew that! LOL. thanks for clearing that up for me!!

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, i still don't know! i think i'm cool toned. my veins on my arms are blueish. but then my actual face always looks flushed and "warm" to me though. but i suit foundations that have pink in them so i guess that makes me cool.. ? If your veins are blueish then you're cool toned. Simple as that.
smile.gif

And it doesn't matter how your skin looks on surface, undertone isn't something that's on the surface of your skin,. It's under.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Shadowy_Lady /img/forum/go_quote.gif interesting read. I always thought most ppl were warm toned (despite what this article says).
I'm still not quite sure what I am. In MAC, their cool tones foundations (NW) match me best, in MUFE I'm neutral toned. I looked best in blue and purple clothing, can absolutely not wear yellow or orange. Yet I can pretty much wear any makeup colour and it looks great. I think I'm prob neutral toned most of the time and perhaps warm toned in the summer.

You can't be neutral most of the time and warm in summer. If you're neutral, then you're neutral.
smile.gif
It's something that isn't changing over time.
smile.gif

If NW suits you, you're cool, but you can also be cool leaning towards neutral. There is also such combination.
smile.gif

I'm also NW but I'm also able to pull out some neutral foundations if they're leaning more towards pink.
smile.gif

Good post! My veins are green and I while I'm naturally pale I burn a little and then tan easily into a graham cracker
smile.gif
But I had a precancerous mole removed last year so I now wear SPF 60 sunscreen unless I'm having photos taken. And now my skin color is maybe a shade darker than Edward Cullen. Being a super-pale warm-tone is tricky because even the lightest warm shades are almost always too yellow but the neutral shades wash me out.

Originally Posted by Mixie87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im NC in MAC but im warmed skinned toned :S Mac uses NC for warm tones, and NW for cool tones... It seems a bit backwards, I know.

Well, I've always known I am a cool tone just because of how pale I am, but how red/pink my skin can get. The thing that still confuses me though is that in foundations I always suit the warm or neutral colors more. I find the pink undertones in cool foundations just exasterbate my own redness. Does this make sense? Does anyone else notice this, or is my skin just weird? :S

Here's how I remember the stupid MAC foundation shades.

NC= not cool

NW= not warm

Anyway, my undertones are pretty neutral. I don't pay too much attention though. I just wear what looks good lol. What I'm trying to figure out is why Bobbi Brown insist that everyone should be yellow :?

Originally Posted by peachysweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I've always known I am a cool tone just because of how pale I am, but how red/pink my skin can get. The thing that still confuses me though is that in foundations I always suit the warm or neutral colors more. I find the pink undertones in cool foundations just exasterbate my own redness. Does this make sense? Does anyone else notice this, or is my skin just weird? :S I'm the same way. My skin gets pink/red and I'm wearing EMD MMU in the neutrals and by the end of the day my skin looks really pink. I thinking of going towards the yellows, 'cause beige doesn't work for me either. Just sucks cause my skin changes colors by the end of the day

Back