Alternative to mineral veil? Finishing powders?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know a good mineral finishing powder besides BE mineral veil?

Mineral veil seems to dry out my skin....cornstarch? I have no

idea.. my skin is naturally very dry...

Has anyone tried Tarte T-zone shine control?

I'm using Tarte tinted moisturizer and it looks a little shinny- just

need something light to reduce the shine... reduce the shine- not the

moisture!

Thanks

If you are looking to go the mineral makeup route, something with silk powder in it would be ideal. It is said to absorb and release moisture as needed.

I've never tried this one myself (I have oily skin), but it pops into my mind:

Primp & Preen by Meow Cosmetics Mineral Primer, Finish and Glow Powders

I would try the"Top Cat Luxury Finish/Setting Powder" or the "Equilibrium Balancing Powder".

Also, Silk Naturals sell a dry skin friendly finishing powder:

This one is clear: Silk Naturals

And these are tinted:

- Silk Naturals

I am sure there are other products out there, but these are the ones I have come across and trust these companies to have high quality products and good customer service (I've tried their eyeshadows).

I like Cory Cosmetics's Translucent rose finisher, it just gives you that healthy glow.

I also like to use Fyrinnae's rice paper primer as a finishing powder. You have two kinds according to your skintype, but they're both good to keep away the extra shine.

Lily Lolo's translucent powder is also good.

ELF HD powder or Coastal Scents silica microspheres are a good substitute and great on the wallet. 100% Silk powder from TKB is a little more expensive alternative than the other 2 but it will not dry out your face but it has a slight odour. The TKB silk powder is cheaper than the repack from Pureluxe... way way way way cheaper. You can also mix silica microspheres and silk powder together and get the benefits for both.

Unless you have very oily skin, I really don't think one needs a finishing powder if you are using a good quality mineral foundation.  I could see using it as a mid day touchup, but not a necessary part of the initial application.

And for the record, I found that NYC's Finishing powder is just as good as the BE's Mineral Veil.

bare mineral veil is a luminous 100% pure finishing powder for the face. I have been using it since 5 years and found the best among all, as I have oily skin.

My younger sister is having dry skin and she love to use mineral powder foundation at home. While before going to parties she always used Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder for his dry skin as it look natural when it starts to come off. You must use it, in order to reduce the shine.

We both used to buy mineral makeup online from a reliable online store http://www.micabella.co.uk/

it is so good.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like Cory Cosmetics's Translucent rose finisher, it just gives you that healthy glow.

I also like to use Fyrinnae's rice paper primer as a finishing powder. You have two kinds according to your skintype, but they're both good to keep away the extra shine.

Lily Lolo's translucent powder is also good.

For me the Mineral Veil is the perfect one since I have oily skin. But I really like Lily Lolos finishing powder and also Lucy Minerals. I think you also just need a tiny little bit and perhaps a bit more in the T-zone if it gets shiny over the day...

Latest posts

Back