Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Eye makeup with Yellow Dress

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PinkBumbleBee

PinkBumbleBee

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a big event coming up and I am wearing a long bright yellow dress with silver accents and silver jewelry. I have brown hair, light skin with olive undertones, and green eyes. I am not sure what kind of eye makeup I should wear with this color dress, and any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

#2 Karren

Karren

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:47 AM

I'd lean towards smokey eyes with black and silvery eye shadow to match your jewelry and dress accents.
Karren on Facebook
Photos
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#3 esha

esha

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

I'd probably tone down the eye makeup since your dress is already bright. Maybe just a neutral eye with browns or a nude eyeshadow colour...winged out liner? And maybe a darker lip colour. Or you can even leave the lip colour pretty neutral as well.

#4 internetchick

internetchick

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

^^ I agree. Since the dress will be bright, perhaps moe subdued makeup is in order.

#5 Johnnie

Johnnie

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by esha View Post
I'd probably tone down the eye makeup since your dress is already bright. Maybe just a neutral eye with browns or a nude eyeshadow colour...winged out liner? And maybe a darker lip colour. Or you can even leave the lip colour pretty neutral as well.
^Dito!

#6 brewgrl

brewgrl

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

so many ways you can go... i love the idea of a dark smoky eye...
I also love the exact opposite, a really bright shimmery eye- but be careful, it can be overdone and too metallic and shimmery.
I love a silvery-white inner corner and pinky beige in the v. pink healthy cheeks, rose mouth... think Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.

#7 MakeupByMe

MakeupByMe

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

I personally would wear a silver spec black shadow for a smokey eye black liner fake lashes & either a light pink blush & lip or light orangey blush & lip

#8 PinkBumbleBee

PinkBumbleBee

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

Thanks everyone! You have given me many ideas to work with

#9 Rebbierae

Rebbierae

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

I say a shimmery lavender eye shadow with maybe more of a deep purple liner--sort of a purple smoky eye. Yellow and purple look lovely together in my opinion!

#10 magosienne

magosienne

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

I too would keep it toned down, and just play with silver or perhaps a turquoise liner, and coral on cheeks and lips.

#11 shubbee

shubbee

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

A neutral makeup for a bright dress would be just right...curled your lashes with a mascara. Personally, I'm using a mascara from revitalash coz it can maximize your lashes even more and clump-free too....and a light eyeshade will surely make you gorgeous.

#12 reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

I say go neutral. 1. Yr dress is bright and a smokey eye may look harsh in the day, could look vamp at night. 2. A neutral eye keeps the focus on your beautiful dress. 3. Since you're going bright, I say focus on your skin. Go for light dewy foundation, cover up only imperfections, juicy pouty lips, a light stain on your cheeks. Look fresh, not severe. Especially with a yellow dress.
~Sabali~

#13 reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

^^^ WHAT are you talking about?
~Sabali~

#14 perlanga

perlanga

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hmm do you have a pic of your dress?

#15 MakeupByMe

MakeupByMe

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar View Post
^^^ WHAT are you talking about?

LOL thats exactly what i was thinking!!!!!

Treat your makeup like caviar? Hhhm For me that would mean throwing my makeup away cuz its gross just like caviar lol !!!

#16 disflylatina

disflylatina

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

lmao about that caviar analogy.

I'd say got with a brown neutral look. Yellow is a very bright color!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users