Best Grey/Gray Eyeshadow?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies/Gents. I'm trying to find a good light grey/gray eyeshadow for everyday use. I'm open to any suggestions. I've tried researching, and I kept coming up with MUFE 145 (Which I can't find) and NARS- Notorious (Which I also can't find!!). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I was looking at some greys by MAC, but I don't know... I have a few in my 120 palette that are pretty much no good! I would LOVE to know of a nice grey as well..

OK guys here it is. I use NYX grey eye pencil as a jumping off point. I love the color and it works really well as a liner. Keep in mind that with any grey you really need to use a primer. Greys tend to blend in with skin when they move for some reason I've noticed. smash box or bobbi brown both have a really pretty gun metal grey and both are very adaptable when mixed with a powder white. Or if you don't feel like splurging and buying an expensive brand do what I do. I take cover girls black and white shadows (since they're super cheap) and a container of some kind (you can use contact cases without the holder if you want) and use a butter knife to shave off layers of each color to combine until you have your perfect grey. Mine looks like this. The first picture is of my personally made ones. and the second is ELF's smokey eye kits as well as the NYX liner.

Photo267.jpg

Photo268.jpg

I LOVE grey shadows!! MAC's Print, and Copperplate are two of my favorite eye shadows. Bobbi Brown also makes so really pretty grey shadows as well.

Also ELF (eyes lips face) has some cheap yet effective "Smokey eye" kits that have two pretty greys. They aren't high end obviously... but with a good primer they're fine.

I like Urban Decay Revolver, Stila the Grays Palette, and LOVE NYX Loose Pearl colors in Silver and Charcoal.

newbie here, but I love Physician's Formula's canyon classics' grey eyeshadow. It's pretty awesome for everything-eyebrow, crease, a lighter wash

I just recently bought Copperplate from MAC as an everyday grey shadow. It's nice because you can get a light grey wash or you can pack it on for a dark look. I just use it in my crease though and keep my lid bare.

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also ELF (eyes lips face) has some cheap yet effective "Smokey eye" kits that have two pretty greys. They aren't high end obviously... but with a good primer they're fine. I ate wearing black e/s i feel like i look wierd! i love the way it looks on other ppl but i hate it on me when i do the "smokey eye" i use ELFs e/s called DRAMA the black isnt so dark and the greys are so pretty.

Right now I'm loving this one:

2213232.jpg

It's from Rimmel. It's called Rimmel Glam Eyes Mono Eyeshadow in Night Jewel.

I use it for eyeliner, or in my smokey eye look.

UD mushroom is my HG grey eyeshadow. it's so much more than a grey, it's slightly mink. i think it's a really flattering shade.

Latest posts

Back