Alternative to NYX Jumbo Pencils?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a lot of you use the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils as a base for applying shadows. These are not readily available and I was wondering if you guys knew of any alternatives to these that will also be cheap. I was in Walgreens and saw the the Wet N Wild jumbo pencils. Do any of you have these? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
smile.gif

I tried the Wet n Wild jumbo pencils, and they didn't work for me at all. They creased and faded terribly even over a shadow primer, but that might be my own fault for having such greasy lids, they might work for you. I totally agree with the suggestion of Maybelline cooling pencils, though.

I dont know if they're still around but for a short while maybelline had this eyeshadow sticks that were automatic called color stilettos i think? they work awesome! even without a primer.

I use ELF's mineral eyeshadow primer. That stuff is the bomb. You don't need a cream base if you use that eyeshadoow primer and it's only $3! Get it on a 50% or 60% or 75% sale and its even better. I have 10 of them in my stash. The tube lasts forever too so I'm not going to go thru that 10 anytime soon. I use it with the mineral pigments I make (for me and friends. I don't sell them). No creasing, no fading. Its like the Monistat anti-chafing gel. Its a hidden gem. I tried NYX pencils, they creased in a hour on me. Its just an unnecessary extra step because I still needed a primer!

I have some of the Jumbo pencils from Nyx, and I also have different eyeshadow primers.

One day I thought that I looked tired and decided to use a stick concealer to cover up my bluish lids before applying the eyeshadow. And it worked just as good as the Milk jumbo pencil and in the same way.

So, if you have a concealer stick lying around: Give it a try
smile.gif

Back