Cover Girl Offers Department Store Dupes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
Over 600 shade matches and counting!At COVERGIRL, we believe affordable makeup that performs is every woman's right—so step out of the department store and find your COVERGIRL shade match...at a beautiful price.

Get your department store shade match.

I lol'd.

I think it's a smart idea. A good way to go and get your colors matched for free and then buy a cheaper product.

I think its a great idea for someone like myself that cant afford a high end color, at least I can find a similar match to that brand. Also, Cover girl never abused my face so cool!

Agree with previous posts. If I can get a drugstore product that I think is a high-end shade dupe then I'm happy. I won't know the difference in quality because I usually don't buy high-end products. Ignorance is bliss!

It seems like a neat idea but I wonder just how close their matches are. Plus, I really don't like CG's quality but then again, it's been high school since I really tried out their products.

Everything I've purchased from Covergirl has sucked butt, so even if I could find a comparable color, the quality wouldn't be.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everything I've purchased from Covergirl has sucked butt, so even if I could find a comparable color, the quality wouldn't be. Agreed. I hate CoverGirl so much I give stink eyes to the display when I walk past it.

I tried it. I searched dupes for products I already own from their lists and it pulled up the same two products for two completely different colors! I searched swatches of those two listed products they showed and they are only in the same family color but not at all what I'd imagine when I think of dupes. Dupes should be the same if not eerily close colors for a cheaper price. None of these colors matched. I'll stick to Mut's recommendations and blogs with actual proof.

Good marketing ploy that could have been a good sell if it worked and if they really had the products to back it up but in reality, this isn't even original because all the marketing material for ELF all say that they are dupes for more expensive products.

Originally Posted by skarvika /img/forum/go_quote.gif They don't even have Shiseido listed LOL That was the first one I looked for too LOL

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, I thought it just wasn't working yet. So then it sucks... Lol I'm guessing this might be good for someone trying to find a cheaper alternative and try to color match a foundation but I'm not a fan of theirs to begin with.

It's totally neat for someone who can't afford high end products. But i do wonder about their matches. I chose MAC's aquadisiac. I own and wear this shade often, so i know what it looks like, and i got matched with the single eyeshadow "after midnight", which is a navy blue
kopfkratz.gif

I wouldn't recommend this tool for any eyeshadows, but CG blushes, lipsticks, and most glosses are fine! My HG pink lipstick is CG lipslicks in Cutie!

They dont offer a shade light enough for me. The closest they have is Mac 15 equivlent which is to dark for me

I HATE their Trublend line, I tried their concealer, and some of my friends have the foundation. It looked liked my friend put on to much bronzer.

Back