-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

5 Steps to healthy, beautiful skin

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 21 OFFLINE   GinnyC

GinnyC

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-May 10

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

May is one of those “tweener” months, caught between the serenely pretty days of spring and the bright, sizzling days of summer. That said, May’s position on the seasonal calendar makes it a yearly “get slim fast” month, with lots of people flash dieting and working out like crazy to get that perfect beach body in time for June-August.

Well, just like you would work out your summer physique, you should also consider making May a month for skin renewal. After all, foundations and powders can get really inconvenient and messy due to makeup meltdown in the summer. Here are five basic steps to put your best face forward:

1. Cleanse
Did you know that for every night that you don’t wash your face, your skin ages three days? It’s true! Every day, makeup, dirt, and other pollutants settle in your skin. If you don’t wash it off before going to bed, that stuff will seep into your skin’s surface, clogging pores, settling into facial lines, and so on. Cleansing your face removes these irritants, renewing your skin at the end of each day.

2. Toner
Toner isn’t absolutely necessary, but it’s a good extra step to take. Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts. A good toner will not irritate or dry your skin; an alcohol-free formula, like Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, is best.

3. Exfoliate
Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin. Using a facial brush or scrub once a week is ideal. I have sensitive skin, so I actually like using Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial. It’s a gel-like mask that you apply to your face; let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, then gently wipe off with a warm, wet towel. I love it because it makes my skin feel softer and smoother, without the high cost (and chance of irritation) of a facial treatment (usually $50-100 for an hour-long session, depending on where you go).

4. Eye Cream/Treatment
This is another step that isn’t necessary, but can certainly help reduce signs of fatigue and aging. The skin around the eye area is more delicate than the rest of the face, so it can use some extra help to prevent sagging, wrinkling, and puffing. If you choose to use eye cream, put it on before your daily/nightly moisturizer.

5. Moisturize
Moisturizing is the second most important step after cleansing. This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity. During the day, it’s absolutely important to use SPF. Sun damage is the #1 cause of wrinkles, so don’t skimp! Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer is a great option.

No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start a daily skincare routine! Starting earlier in your life will ensure that your skin remains youthful and radiant for years to come. Try playing around with different products to see what works best for you.

Source: BeFlurt Blog
Be Beautiful. Be Smart. BeFlurt.

www.BeFlurt.com

#Post 2 of 21 OFFLINE   mariamd

mariamd

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 10-June 10

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

thnxx

#Post 3 of 21 OFFLINE   Sour-Rose

Sour-Rose

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 15-June 10

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

I'm going to have to try an eye cream! Never heard of them before though...

#Post 4 of 21 OFFLINE   denverbeerchick

denverbeerchick

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 27-May 10

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Great tips! Thanks!

#Post 5 of 21 OFFLINE   withlove2022

withlove2022

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 24-June 10

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

that's what toner does. I've wondered about it and whether it was worth it or not. thanks.

#Post 6 of 21 OFFLINE   jasikajohnson

jasikajohnson

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 17-June 10

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

Really a good tips you must follow this, Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts,Moisturiser This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity,Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin,and a always use a natural product is a good for us.

#Post 7 of 21 OFFLINE   kysyes

kysyes

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 18-July 10

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

good tips, eye cream is very important for women over 25, if you want to look young, eye cream is one of the most important step

#Post 8 of 21 OFFLINE   ViolaVillas

ViolaVillas

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 19-July 10

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Eye cream is my essential though I'm only 23. Seen my mum a week ago, she's using it for a couple of yeras and looks great thanks to creams

#Post 9 of 21 OFFLINE   laurakitty

laurakitty

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 29-September 10

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Nice tips, I do this I wouldn't exfoliate my face every day though :/

#Post 10 of 21 OFFLINE   Mehs

Mehs

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 05-October 10

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thanx for the tips can you guys recommend any eye cream am 24 and have combination skin i don't know if that would matter but just mentioned it so any suggestions? and what are the toner options as well Thank You.....

#Post 11 of 21 OFFLINE   llehsal

llehsal

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Joined 16-September 10

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

Great.   Thanks!  I would want to know what is a good eye cream as well.  I have never used and would like try sometime. 

Nothing is worth more than this day.

#Post 12 of 21 OFFLINE   cutegirl1

cutegirl1

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

great ideas, thanks for sharing! i like it.

#Post 13 of 21 OFFLINE   honeykim

honeykim

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 07-October 09

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

nice post. i don't think people moisturize enough.

i have a very long skin care routine. but then in korea everyone does haha.

it's toner, collagen serum, vitamin serum, "lotion", eye cream, hydrating moisturizer, and then a final moisturizer. lol.

#Post 14 of 21 OFFLINE   beautytobsess

beautytobsess

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 30-October 10

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

Great Tips. Will try to follow!

#Post 15 of 21 OFFLINE   bling

bling

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 18-December 10

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

thanks for sharing..

#Post 16 of 21 OFFLINE   FashionTalk

FashionTalk

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 30-March 11

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Great post thanks for the info...

#Post 17 of 21 OFFLINE   spauno

spauno

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

Hi. You have provided such a good tips. Thanks for sharing this. All these tips are really helpful.

#Post 18 of 21 OFFLINE   cbaker136

cbaker136

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

wow, great advice, just read this to my teenage daughter. hope she develops these habits early in life

Originally Posted by GinnyC View Post

May is one of those “tweener” months, caught between the serenely pretty days of spring and the bright, sizzling days of summer. That said, May’s position on the seasonal calendar makes it a yearly “get slim fast” month, with lots of people flash dieting and working out like crazy to get that perfect beach body in time for June-August.

Well, just like you would work out your summer physique, you should also consider making May a month for skin renewal. After all, foundations and powders can get really inconvenient and messy due to makeup meltdown in the summer. Here are five basic steps to put your best face forward:

1. Cleanse
Did you know that for every night that you don’t wash your face, your skin ages three days? It’s true! Every day, makeup, dirt, and other pollutants settle in your skin. If you don’t wash it off before going to bed, that stuff will seep into your skin’s surface, clogging pores, settling into facial lines, and so on. Cleansing your face removes these irritants, renewing your skin at the end of each day.

2. Toner
Toner isn’t absolutely necessary, but it’s a good extra step to take. Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts. A good toner will not irritate or dry your skin; an alcohol-free formula, like Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, is best.

3. Exfoliate
Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin. Using a facial brush or scrub once a week is ideal. I have sensitive skin, so I actually like using Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial. It’s a gel-like mask that you apply to your face; let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, then gently wipe off with a warm, wet towel. I love it because it makes my skin feel softer and smoother, without the high cost (and chance of irritation) of a facial treatment (usually $50-100 for an hour-long session, depending on where you go).

4. Eye Cream/Treatment
This is another step that isn’t necessary, but can certainly help reduce signs of fatigue and aging. The skin around the eye area is more delicate than the rest of the face, so it can use some extra help to prevent sagging, wrinkling, and puffing. If you choose to use eye cream, put it on before your daily/nightly moisturizer.

5. Moisturize
Moisturizing is the second most important step after cleansing. This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity. During the day, it’s absolutely important to use SPF. Sun damage is the #1 cause of wrinkles, so don’t skimp! Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer is a great option.

No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start a daily skincare routine! Starting earlier in your life will ensure that your skin remains youthful and radiant for years to come. Try playing around with different products to see what works best for you.

#Post 19 of 21 OFFLINE   spauno

spauno

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by GinnyC View Post

1. Cleanse

2. Toner

3. Exfoliate

4. Eye Cream/Treatment

5. Moisturize

Really very good information to get a healthy and beautiful skin.You have shared a very simple tips which everyone can apply. Thanks for sharing.

#Post 20 of 21 OFFLINE   aliana

aliana

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Joined 15-September 10

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

My mom doesn't do any of that and her skin is great!! She only uses a face cream 1 or 2 times a day. She doesn't even drink a lot of water. I hope I have her genes :o