5 Steps to healthy, beautiful skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
May is one of those “tweener†months, caught between the serenely pretty days of spring and the bright, sizzling days of summer. That said, May’s position on the seasonal calendar makes it a yearly “get slim fast†month, with lots of people flash dieting and working out like crazy to get that perfect beach body in time for June-August.

Well, just like you would work out your summer physique, you should also consider making May a month for skin renewal. After all, foundations and powders can get really inconvenient and messy due to makeup meltdown in the summer. Here are five basic steps to put your best face forward:

1. Cleanse

Did you know that for every night that you don’t wash your face, your skin ages three days? It’s true! Every day, makeup, dirt, and other pollutants settle in your skin. If you don’t wash it off before going to bed, that stuff will seep into your skin’s surface, clogging pores, settling into facial lines, and so on. Cleansing your face removes these irritants, renewing your skin at the end of each day.

2. Toner

Toner isn’t absolutely necessary, but it’s a good extra step to take. Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts. A good toner will not irritate or dry your skin; an alcohol-free formula, like Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, is best.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin. Using a facial brush or scrub once a week is ideal. I have sensitive skin, so I actually like using Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial. It’s a gel-like mask that you apply to your face; let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, then gently wipe off with a warm, wet towel. I love it because it makes my skin feel softer and smoother, without the high cost (and chance of irritation) of a facial treatment (usually $50-100 for an hour-long session, depending on where you go).

4. Eye Cream/Treatment

This is another step that isn’t necessary, but can certainly help reduce signs of fatigue and aging. The skin around the eye area is more delicate than the rest of the face, so it can use some extra help to prevent sagging, wrinkling, and puffing. If you choose to use eye cream, put it on before your daily/nightly moisturizer.

5. Moisturize

Moisturizing is the second most important step after cleansing. This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity. During the day, it’s absolutely important to use SPF. Sun damage is the #1 cause of wrinkles, so don’t skimp! Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer is a great option.

No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start a daily skincare routine! Starting earlier in your life will ensure that your skin remains youthful and radiant for years to come. Try playing around with different products to see what works best for you.

Source: BeFlurt Blog

Really a good tips you must follow this, Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts,Moisturiser This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity,Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin,and a always use a natural product is a good for us.

good tips, eye cream is very important for women over 25, if you want to look young, eye cream is one of the most important step

Eye cream is my essential though I'm only 23. Seen my mum a week ago, she's using it for a couple of yeras and looks great thanks to creams

Nice tips, I do this
smile.gif
I wouldn't exfoliate my face every day though :/

Thanx for the tips can you guys recommend any eye cream am 24 and have combination skin i don't know if that would matter but just mentioned it so any suggestions? and what are the toner options as well Thank You.....

Great.   Thanks!  I would want to know what is a good eye cream as well.  I have never used and would like try sometime. 

nice post. i don't think people moisturize enough.

i have a very long skin care routine. but then in korea everyone does haha.

it's toner, collagen serum, vitamin serum, "lotion", eye cream, hydrating moisturizer, and then a final moisturizer. lol.

Hi. You have provided such a good tips. Thanks for sharing this. All these tips are really helpful.

wow, great advice, just read this to my teenage daughter. hope she develops these habits early in life

Originally Posted by GinnyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

May is one of those “tweener†months, caught between the serenely pretty days of spring and the bright, sizzling days of summer. That said, May’s position on the seasonal calendar makes it a yearly “get slim fast†month, with lots of people flash dieting and working out like crazy to get that perfect beach body in time for June-August.

Well, just like you would work out your summer physique, you should also consider making May a month for skin renewal. After all, foundations and powders can get really inconvenient and messy due to makeup meltdown in the summer. Here are five basic steps to put your best face forward:

1. Cleanse
Did you know that for every night that you don’t wash your face, your skin ages three days? It’s true! Every day, makeup, dirt, and other pollutants settle in your skin. If you don’t wash it off before going to bed, that stuff will seep into your skin’s surface, clogging pores, settling into facial lines, and so on. Cleansing your face removes these irritants, renewing your skin at the end of each day.

2. Toner
Toner isn’t absolutely necessary, but it’s a good extra step to take. Toner helps shrink your pores and even out your skin tone, ensuring less acne breakouts. A good toner will not irritate or dry your skin; an alcohol-free formula, like Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, is best.

3. Exfoliate
Exfoliating will slough off any old, dry skin, revealing new, youthful, soft skin. Using a facial brush or scrub once a week is ideal. I have sensitive skin, so I actually like using Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial. It’s a gel-like mask that you apply to your face; let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, then gently wipe off with a warm, wet towel. I love it because it makes my skin feel softer and smoother, without the high cost (and chance of irritation) of a facial treatment (usually $50-100 for an hour-long session, depending on where you go).

4. Eye Cream/Treatment
This is another step that isn’t necessary, but can certainly help reduce signs of fatigue and aging. The skin around the eye area is more delicate than the rest of the face, so it can use some extra help to prevent sagging, wrinkling, and puffing. If you choose to use eye cream, put it on before your daily/nightly moisturizer.

5. Moisturize
Moisturizing is the second most important step after cleansing. This will restore and protect your skin’s softness and elasticity. During the day, it’s absolutely important to use SPF. Sun damage is the #1 cause of wrinkles, so don’t skimp! Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer is a great option.

No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start a daily skincare routine! Starting earlier in your life will ensure that your skin remains youthful and radiant for years to come. Try playing around with different products to see what works best for you.

Originally Posted by GinnyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Cleanse

2. Toner

3. Exfoliate

4. Eye Cream/Treatment

5. Moisturize

Really very good information to get a healthy and beautiful skin.You have shared a very simple tips which everyone can apply. Thanks for sharing.

My mom doesn't do any of that and her skin is great!! She only uses a face cream 1 or 2 times a day. She doesn't even drink a lot of water. I hope I have her genes :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back