Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take Cinammon pills for an insulin problem I have. It stops me from feeling tired after meals, and it works wonderful for that purpose, but I haven't exactly noticed weight loss, although my weight is always mainted between 119-122 lbs.

Apparently cinnamon quickens the chemical reaction that makes you feel full, i don't know if honey can help with dieting.

Have not heard about that but I do love the sound of a Cinnabon diet personally. Lol. Just read in the MIL's aarp magazine that cinnamon is also good for speeding up decission making in the brain!! Yeah! I really need that!

I've heard that cinnamon helps to curb sugar cravings but I haven't heard about honey.

its not making me full, thats for sure.

apparentely alot have tried it, and said its good for weight loss and they have lost many.

i googled about it and found the same review. so am trying it out now. will let you know what happens and if i find any difference.

i've cut down on my meals as well, trying to drink more water, and exercise of course.

Pffft. I drink both every morning and I'm not skinny. I hear ACV helps too, tried it and stayed the same size. So they don't work for me.

Not from my experience
frown.gif

If you want to lose weight you need to intake 10-15 calories x by your body weight. example:10-15x200 = 2,000-3,000 divided into 5 meals a day = 400-600 calories per meal, you should be eating every 3-4 hours.

You should substitute a meal or 2 with a protein shake- 12oz fat free milk, 2 scoop protein powder and a hand full of any kind of fruit you want.

The key to weight loss IS you HAVE to EAT! the more you whey the more you get to eat. Think of your calories as MONEY spend wisely.

1g of fat cost you 9 calories

1g of protein cost you 4 calories

1g of carbohydrates cost you 4 calories

So basically eating fat costs twice as many calories as a protein or a carb, meaning you get to eat half as much food, you want to eat more protein and carbs then fats.

Eat lean protein (chicken or turkey but not fried or battered), good carbs like (baked potato no butter no sour cream), good fats (omega 3 omega 6 avocado flax seed).

As far as your Honey and cinnamon concoction theres no way it will help you lose weight since honey is basically just sugar.

Hope this helps..
smile.gif

I've never heard of it. Just be careful you have no reactions to honey - one of my good friends does

Now just because honey has "sugar" doesn not mean it is not good for you. Honey is a natural sweetner, but not the fake stuff, the real stuff. Agave is another good replacement for sugar actually. Your body is able to break down natural sugars vs synthetic sugars.

And just because it is natural doesn't mean it is good for you... Arsnic is natural! lol It's all about calories coming in vs burning off....

I have never heard of this before, I have heard cinnamon and apple cider vinegar. When I am trying to lose weight, I count my carbs its easier. I also just eat whole wheat breads, and dreamfields pasta or whole wheat pasta. I also do not eat sugar. If you want to feel full, drink a glass of water before a meal. This fills you, so your food doesnt. Also sometimes we feel like we are hungry, but we really aren't. Really its just that we are dehydrated, so when you feel hungry and you have eaten within the last couple of hours try drinking water, maybe the hunger will go away, if not then you are really hungry. Also drinking the normal 8 glasses of water each day helps with hunger, and for every 20 pounds of weight you need to lose, add another glass of water to your day.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif And just because it is natural doesn't mean it is good for you... Arsnic is natural! lol It's all about calories coming in vs burning off.... Correct....everything is bad for you if it is abused, but everything in moderation is good for you. Agave and honey is actually used by alot of fitness professionals as a substitute for sugar which is harder for your body to break down. Again, moderation is key.

I don't know from honey and cinnamon.  They are both tasty that's about the extent of my knowledge, however:

@mmagirl - your advice makes sense to me

There are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss and maintenance of that loss.  I have tried every gimmick in the book and the only thing that works is eating healthy mini meals 4 or 5 times a day and *gasp* exercise.  At least that's been my experience for the past 25 years. 

Best of luck!

the honey and cinnamon tea drink/diet can help with weight loss. I had to try it when i was reading about how many other people were succeeding with it!

I was actually looking for cinnamon because i wanted to boost my antioxidant intake and i found out that cinnamon is incredible for that, one of the highest known anti oxidants (leaving bluebberries miles behind!). when searching for and learning about cinnamon i came across the cinnamon and honey weight loss trick and got totally hooked into everyones success stories.

however, i soon learned that you cannot take just any old cinnamon because the only one you can tend to find in the west is cassia bark cinnamon which has high levels of coumarin (toxic if taken regularly). so, be warned, dont buy cassia bark, buy real cinnamon/ceylon cinnamon and you wont have to worry about the worrying toxic side effects!!

i am not overweight but one of those people whose bellys tend to get fat first so i was keen to get rid of it and was pleased to read that the cinnamon drink actually stops fats storing in the mid section area -- GREAT NEWS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  lol

I was religious with the tea making and did it for 2 weeks and maybe i was just lucky but the horrid bulge i had for 1year had massively reduced, not just a little, but i mean noticeably A LOT and i just felt great overall. no kidding but i could get into jeans which i had not worn for over a year just because i couldnt do the zip up let alone the button.

i know it can be hard to find real/true ceylon cinnamon but this place could be helpful for people living in the uk, or even abroad! i am going on the diet again and just waiting for my cinnamon tea bags to arrive as they are the exact 2 gram portion needed for the tea drink which means no messing around measuring things. yippeee!!

good luck to everyone!! please just try it, you might be surprised, and before i forget, here is the place i just bought mine from recently www.buyrealcinnamon.co.uk

Hey 

Why don't you try Instead of Cinnamon , Try Lemon with warm water and Add honey on it .You will soon get results. 

Only best and easy way to reduce weight as well its healthy. And trust me it works!!

But Try to take it at Morning. 

Regards 

Sugandha 

Back