Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Best Heat Protectant Spray?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Smokey Eye

Smokey Eye

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

For those of you who flat iron or use a curling iron a lot, what's the best heat protectant spray/serum in your opinion?

I currently have Tresemme's Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray & Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum by Neutrogena. I don't use them together at once, but I'm willing to pay more if the product's really great.
~ Makeup Enhances Beauty ~

#2 perlanga

perlanga

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:06 AM

I'm looking for the same product, I've tried flat iron spray by fx special effects and I'm gonna go back to the Tresemme spray. I like the pump on that alot.

#3 Mixie87

Mixie87

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

I use the same Tresemme spray as you, i've used a Matrix one, in the orange bottle...
it's the same thing. To me there all the same, I cant tell the difference.

I've heard the best heat protectors have silicone in it.

#4 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

I have heard that any styling product with silicone will offer some protection.
It's not necessary to use a heat protectant spray if you already have mouse/gel/styling balm in your hair.

#5 emily_3383

emily_3383

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

I really liked the one by V05.

#6 magosienne

magosienne

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

I have a heat protective serum for fine hair from L'oreal tec (pro line). It works, and apparently it also contains a sunscreen inside, but i would advise you buy it only with a discount, otherwise it's just too expensive imo.

#7 Smokey Eye

Smokey Eye

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

I also have this small bottle of Biosilk Silk Therapy serum. I haven't used it in a long time, but I should start using it again.
~ Makeup Enhances Beauty ~

#8 HisBunny

HisBunny

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

I use and LOVE THIS SERUM!

FANTASIA HAIR POLISHER Heat Protector STRAIGHTENING SERUM
straightens, shines and protects

Straightens smoothes and protects hair from heat damage caused by hot tools. Vitamin E and silicone seal in moisture leaving hair silky smooth frizz free with great shine even in damp humid conditions

#9 xjackie83

xjackie83

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:00 PM

I think it's just as important to use a leave in conditioner as well. Dry hair + heat = burned hair

#10 Shelley

Shelley

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

I like Tresseme and Beyond the zone turn up the heat protection spray. Beyond the zone is found at Sally's.

#11 RamblingRose26

RamblingRose26

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

I use the tresemme heat tamer protective spray, it's definitely my favorite. I really love how it sprays.
ramblingrose26.blogspot.com

#12 hollyxann

hollyxann

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:51 AM

I have the Tresemme heat tamer and Beyond the Zone turn up the heat. I prefer the Tresemme one. I love it.

#13 Aib2iy5j

Aib2iy5j

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Biosilk Silk Therapy serum is good ,i used it .

#14 lilhypa304

lilhypa304

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:35 AM

Nexxus Heat Protect. I will re-buy this over and over again. It works awesome!

#15 Lauralicious

Lauralicious

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

My all -time favourite heat protector is CHI. It comes in a red bottle. You can buy it at Shoppers in Canada (maybe at Trade Secrects, they sell it on and off there).

Lately I've been using Biosilk and its not bad either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users