Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

DIY Amlactin for Keratosis Pilaris

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

I had bought some lactic acid to make this lotion. I have KP and have found this same recipe in a few forums. I'm anxious to try it out.

Ingredients:
2.5 tsp 88% lactic acid
1/4 cup + 2 tsp of CeraVe or preferred base lotion
3 big drops germaben or 6 small ones (if you have one of those 1 ml droppers it is 6)

This makes a 12% lactic acid lotion using 88% lactic acid. The math was already done by the creator.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#2 cablegiirl

cablegiirl

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Hey - how did this go???!!
~cablegiirl
Getting better at looking fabulous!

#3 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

It went well! I used it for my super legs and heels as well as my arms. You should try it out!

I ended up making my own base and I had to add the lactic acid, water and emulsifier together then added the oils to the mixture. If you add the lactic acid to the oil/water/emulsifier mix, it got watery.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#4 Andi

Andi

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for posting!

So you could use this just for dry skin right? I don´t have KP.
And where did you get the lactic acid if I may ask?

#5 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

definately you can use on dry skin.
88% lactic acid I got at Lotioncrafters. They also carry emulsifiers too so you can make easy lotions and creams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users