How do I clean my Coach bag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pinkrose1

I have white color coach handbag...it now has grass stains and dirt all over it. I tried to wash it with a toothbrush, soap and water and it's still there! What should I do? Should I take it to the dry cleaners? Should I put Spray and Wash on it?

Originally Posted by pinkrose1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have white color coach handbag...it now has grass stains and dirt all over it. I tried to wash it with a toothbrush, soap and water and it's still there! What should I do? Should I take it to the dry cleaners? Should I put Spray and Wash on it? Coach sells a number of handbag cleaners... I would try one of them first.
Here's the link Coach :: Product Care

I have a fabric coach handbag, and I am very careful with it because once it gets dirty its very hard to clean. I bought a cleaner thing from coach, it works well on small stain, but if it's a really bad stain, that thing probably won't work. maybe you can take it to the dry cleaner and see if they can do anything about it. Anyway, sometimes those cleaner thing you buy are useless and a huge rip off. I bought a pair of boots and bought a cleaner, the stupid cleaner never works, if anything it made it worse. Thats why from now on, I don't buy those anymore.

it is my white colored coach handbag...
hand.gif

I purchased a coach white satin, leather, suede, and rabbit fur trimmed purse on ebay.  It was clean looking when received, but it had an odor, like cooking grease or oil.  The person who owned it must have loved fried chicken.  Anyhoo, I was so disgusted by the smell, that I got very brave, and threw it into the washing machine. I put in a few white towels with it, set it to cold, gentle cycle, and used just a little liquid detergent with a bit of liquid fabric softener right in the water.  It came out perfect!  I blew dryed the rabbit fur trim, and let the rest air-dry.  I also washed a coach tote, that was made of canvas with leather trim.  It has a stain on it, which I sprayed with Spray-n-Wash, scrubbed with a toothbrush, and threw it in the washer.  That came out great too.  The colors didn't bleed onto the white part of the canvas either. These bags are made extremely well, and I would say that if it's canvas with leather accents, it's fine to wash in the washer. The coach cleaner is worthless in my option. Hope that helped.

wow you are brave intheoc, I would never dream of throwing an expensive bag in the washer!  Glad it worked out for you!

Try to buy a cleaner for your bag to remove the dirt or check in a department store and it also available online.

ok i have a kristin sateen hippie coach bag and it was in need of cleaning .after googling and calling the local dry cleaners which denied me,i decided to hand wash it in cool water with a little dawn non concentrated dish soap . washed it gently with a white wash cloth and rinsed good. i also rolled some hand towels and placed them inside while hanging to dry in front of my fan.. i was slightly nervous didnt want $200 bucks going down the drain . it is drying as i type this. so far all is well its shiny and looks clean. my other thought was to put in the washer but my idea if i ever do so is to wash it in its dust bag , seeing how my purse looks so far i dont think il hesistate in the future to machine wash it , hope this helps

I was a manager at Coach. We recommend to use a mild soap, like dial (the white bar) and warm water. As for the liner, you can pull it out so that it can dry fully. It's hard to explain lol. But if you need help just PM me

Originally Posted by carrieclark /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok i have a kristin sateen hippie coach bag and it was in need of cleaning .after googling and calling the local dry cleaners which denied me,i decided to hand wash it in cool water with a little dawn non concentrated dish soap . washed it gently with a white wash cloth and rinsed good. i also rolled some hand towels and placed them inside while hanging to dry in front of my fan.. i was slightly nervous didnt want $200 bucks going down the drain . it is drying as i type this. so far all is well its shiny and looks clean. my other thought was to put in the washer but my idea if i ever do so is to wash it in its dust bag , seeing how my purse looks so far i dont think il hesistate in the future to machine wash it , hope this helps

I just found a YouTube video that showed a lady using a product called, Tuff Stuff.  Probably found in car products at WalMart, or Target.  Its a foaming cleaner, and she sprayed it on, let it soak in for 30 seconds, and then rubbed it with a clean white t-shirt (scrap).  She pulled the liner inside out, and did that first, but she then sprayed the sateen fabric and spot cleaned it too.  Looked great.  However, Coach has a recommended product, but its expensive. 

I'm going to use the Tuff Stuff product on mine.  Good luck.

I have used the coach cleaning solutions before and they have worked great. Best thing is to use that product, but test a very small area first since it's a lighter shade to make sure it doesn't leave marks.

Another idea is to check with your local leather furniture store- believe it or not they sell great products for leather cleaning and restoring that might just do the trick.

Hope this help you!!

Apply a small amount of cleaner using a clean soft cloth. Rub the cleaner into the leather using gentle, circular motion. It is important that you need to clean your coach bag regularly whenever you notice stain.

I recommend keeping a package of baby wipes or a small piece of cloth in your purse.

This is off topic, but do any of you ladies know of any good places to sell coach bags? I have a few bags, wristlets and a wallet I know longer use but in great condition. 

Selling is more difficult because unless you can prove you bought it and it's authentic you can get your account shut down (Ebay/Amazon) on the grounds it's counterfeit. Even legit sells tend to get shut down because Coach typically doesn't allow it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Selling is more difficult because unless you can prove you bought it and it's authentic you can get your account shut down (Ebay/Amazon) on the grounds it's counterfeit. Even legit sells tend to get shut down because Coach typically doesn't allow it.
Interesting, thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll be taking a trip to goodwill..

Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting, thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll be taking a trip to goodwill..

Instead of giving it away why not try a consignment store? While you may only get 50% of what it's sold for better 50% then giving it away.

What if I got an eyeliner stain on the outside of my bag ? What would be the easiest way to clean that ???
scared.gif

Back