Nail polish for men?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was bopping around the internet and came across these nail polishes for men. No offense to anyone intended, but do you know any men other than those who cross dress, who wear nail polishes like these? Scrangie: BB Couture Regular Guys, Tools for Men and Mechanics 101 My husband would think I was crazy if I suggested he wear nail polish. Well, I am crazy, but that's beside the point. LOL There are a several in those collections that I would love to have!

There are a few non-crossdressing "goth" types that wear polish around town.. Usually black.. But Orley's Nails for Males is a clear matte finish that makes my nails look great when in out in Drab (drest as boy). Vs Drag (dressed as girl)..

Black would be about the only thing I could imagine a man wearing, and that for the goth reason. I can't sell myself on the matte finishes though. Matte is darn near a 4-letter word for me. Ask the people who swore up and down my ex and I put vinyl siding on our house because I insisted on painting it semi-gloss red! Or my ex, who had fits because I painted the kitchen walls gloss peach. LOL...he wouldn't let me choose paint without him after that! Back to the nail polish though...just because I can't imagine men wearing other than black doesn't mean they shouldn't, it's just a new idea for me, and the more I think about it the more I think it would be neat for men to wear the colors. :)

Lol. I love matte!! And use China Glaze matte magic over top of colors all the time.. The nice thing about Orley nails for Males is you can't tell you are weaing it.. You can feel it.. And it just makes your nails look neater.. And helps with clacking and splitting.. I do it for "health reasons".
smile.gif

How about some manley colors? British Racing Green... Farrari Red... John Deere yellow? Lol. Be the only farmer whose nails match their tractor! Hahaha.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol. I love matte!! And use China Glaze matte magic over top of colors all the time.. The nice thing about Orley nails for Males is you can't tell you are weaing it.. You can feel it.. And it just makes your nails look neater.. And helps with clacking and splitting.. I do it for "health reasons".
smile.gif
How about some manley colors? British Racing Green... Farrari Red... John Deere yellow? Lol. Be the only farmer whose nails match their tractor! Hahaha.

LOL @ health reasons! But seriously, cracking and splitting can lead to sore or infected fingers and that's no fun...so I'll go along with "health reasons".
Oh oh oh! Both John Deere yellow and GREEN! You could do a John Deere french manicure! I love John Deere green and yellow...I grew up on a farm and all our tractors were JD.

Farrari Red would be a really neat name for a nail polish. You should make a Franken and name it that. ;-)

I actually had the sales lady at Ulta tell me that men buying those nail products was very serious health related and nothing to be ashamed of... Obviously she didn't notice I had a couple eye shadows and mascara and some concealers in my hands! Lol. Like I get embarased anyway...

I was in FFA in high school.... And we had an old Massey-Harris (before Massey and Fergesoun got together) tractor that my brother and I rebuilt and we painted it International Harvester red with John Derre yellew wheels.. I loved that tractor...

Personally I don't really like guys wearing nail polish or makeup or feminine clothing... But then again I'm not trying to look like a guy!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was in FFA in high school.... And we had an old Massey-Harris (before Massey and Fergesoun got together) tractor that my brother and I rebuilt and we painted it International Harvester red with John Derre yellew wheels.. I loved that tractor... Around here that tractor would end up at the antique tractor pulls!

I'm an otherwise average straight guy with no history of cross dressing (i guess thats not entirely true-i was tinkerbell for halloween a couple years ago) and I wear nail polish. I actually have the best luck with light blues. Black doesnt seem to work on me for some reason. My wife sometimes participates in color selection. She rather me do this than have a beard. 

I'd try to grow a beard if my wife would let paint my nails at home!!  lol

I haven't seen any guy who wear these colors aside from black.  I don't think real men would wear unless they are going to a costume party or something.

I think it is more common for non-Goth men to wear polish on their toes. I once read a thread by men who wear sandals, and they agreed that automotive colors are best for toes. That is sort of the theme used in the Scrangie polish. I like the idea of John Deer colors for a farmer; green with yellow French tips. Maybe car companies should start giving out matching nail polish with car sales.

Another place nail polish would be acceptable to most men is team colors at a sport event.

I think that the Wire Stripper, Pipe Bender, and other occupationally named colors seemed to be both the nicest colors and the most likely for a man to wear. I know a few men who like to wear gunmetal on their pinkies.

Originally Posted by NailzPolished /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm an otherwise average straight guy with no history of cross dressing (i guess thats not entirely true-i was tinkerbell for halloween a couple years ago) and I wear nail polish. I actually have the best luck with light blues. Black doesnt seem to work on me for some reason. My wife sometimes participates in color selection. She rather me do this than have a beard. 

Your wife sounds amazing! Most of the women I know are really close-minded about stuff like this. It's ok for a woman to wear heavy jeans or a shirt, but men can't wear nail polish. Seems like double standards to me!

I think what is significant about these nail polishes marketed at men is that BB Couture is openly endorsing that men should wear nail polish.  Sure it's just marketing, but it does get our attention and even women who want the edgy masculine look will try these.

Should men wear nail polish?  Well, there are many women and men who don't care for nail polish on women either, so it really is not a unique issue, rather what a person likes and wants to wear.

I have been wearing it on my toes for close to four years now.  My wife coaxed me into trying it, she liked it, I learned to like it and now it's something that I enjoy.  I can't get too concerned if others do or don't like it because I really can't control what others beleive nor does it make much difference to me because I like it.

It's funny that you mention automotive colors...that was actually the inspiration for some of the BBC men's choices!

I'm a straight guy that doesn't crossdress or wear any make up, but I love nail polish. It livens up my feet from being so plain. I currently have a light blue on my toes and a light pink on my fingers. It makes me happy so I try not to worry what other will think about me.

I don't know about the men issue, but I love all those colors and would consider them for myself. Those greens are TDF!

Men wearing polish is new for me. When I first saw a post on it, I was like "WHAAT?" but since reading all this stuff, I think it's pretty cool. 
Who said nail polish was for women anyways? 
I wish my boyfriend would try it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
(although, to be honest, he does paint them every once in a while :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, only problem is sometimes he does it better then I can '_'  )

Hi

I have been wearing a color called Pink Frost for the last week and no one notices or don't care.

Originally Posted by Juno Michelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it is more common for non-Goth men to wear polish on their toes. I once read a thread by men who wear sandals, and they agreed that automotive colors are best for toes. That is sort of the theme used in the Scrangie polish. I like the idea of John Deer colors for a farmer; green with yellow French tips. Maybe car companies should start giving out matching nail polish with car sales.

Another place nail polish would be acceptable to most men is team colors at a sport event.
Mercedes dealers can get (if they don't carry) nail polishes straight from Mercedes that match their standard car colors...

Latest posts

Back