Sephora 500 point perk, WTF?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I happened to take a peak at what the new perk is, and its the Smashbox Mother Earth palette. I got that at a discount site about a year ago (I think). Isn't it a LE palette? Are perks now going to be old products they need to get rid of?

P242130_hero.jpg

KEEP SAVING! Once your Beauty Bank hits 500 points, you can trade them in for a free, limited-edition product. Every few months it's something new, so start saving.

Our current gift is the Smashbox Mother Earth Palette, It's packed with four certified organic shadows and a gorgeously subtle blush, all housed in a sustainable bamboo case.

http://www.sephora.com/beautyinside...nid=ZLJ3L4DA4F2LYCV0KRRQIGQ?productId=P242130

Source

I wouldn't be surprised. Oh well, hopefully something good pops up like the Korres kit. Honestly though, I wish Sephora had a rewards program more like Ulta's.

I am not surprised by that at all. There rewards usually suck. I have so many reward points just sitting there because all they have been offering is junk. Ulta rewards are very nice.

That's pretty lame... I have gotten one 100 pt perk so far and it was the UDPP which I really loved. But the last time I placed an order I was eligible again but there was nothing good...

That's what I was thinking too. It seems like this year, they are really just throwing things out there. When the program first started, it appeared that they were really creating products for it. My local Sephora has a new 500-point perk every week or so, and they aren't nearly as good as the gifts used to be. But, it's free, so I can't complain...I do have A LOT of points now because I haven't been tempted to cash them in...I'm waiting for a good one! :)

I haven't cashed in any of my Sephora points. I'm also waiting for something good to come out.

I have had issues with the BI program for awhile because if things like this. Before they had the 500 point perks I would regularly cash in my points for deluxe samples. One year I cashed in my points around Christmas and got a Sephora brand lip gloss, Lip Fusion sample and a sample mascara. A couple of weeks later on Christmas Day my aunt bought me the Sephora holiday gift set that included a $20 gift card and some samples. I'll be darned that all the samples in this set were the exact same samples that I got before, even the lip gloss shade was the exact same. I could have saved myself 300 points.

Back