What do you make of the Ines Sainz controversy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Snippet

Quote:
TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz has been making the media rounds, giving her take on what happened between her and the New York Jets football team on the field and later in the locker room that prompted reports of sexual harassment. The story broke yesterday with reports that the NFL was investigating whether Jets players behaved inappropriately - including allegedly hooting and hollering at Sainz in their locker room - when she visited the team Saturday.
After the story grew and Sainz was appearing on TV network after TV network, she said she hoped similar things never happen again. She acknowledged, however, they have happened before. For her part, Sainz says she has put the harassment issue in the past. The Jets have apologized to Sainz - an apology she has accepted.

But the furor has hardly died down on the Web and in social media and it didn't lose any traction on Monday night when the Jets lost to the Baltimore Ravens 10-9 while being penalized 14 times for 125 yards, leading sports commentators to question the team's focus.

When we posted our first story - the comments came fast and furious and continued throughout the day.

As of the time I write this, more than 1,000 of you have shared our story about the incident on Facebook, there are more than 700 comments, and the story and videos of Sainz' interviews have remained at the top of CNN's NewsPulse, which ranks popular stories, for the past 24 hours.

Source

If you dont want the fish to bite, dont put the worm on the hook. Imma say it as a woman and dont care who get mad. She's all on the sidelines in skin tight jeans, little shirt, high heels, looking like she was for sale and she got just the attention that she was dressed for, negative attention.

American female reporters are usually dressed more appropriately. They wear business suits, or whatever but this:

ines-sainz-pictures.jpg

What did she want....the team to ask her to come to bible study tonight? What about last year when she had on her famous 'come hither' jeans and a lace top riding on the shoulders of two Colts players? I mean what does she want? What do the feminists want?

At the same tiime, they were wrong for making comments to and about her, but they should get nothing more than a good fussing. That's it.

I saw an interview with her this morning and she says that she isn't making any accusations, the woman's sports media group wants the incident investigated.

I don't think her outfit is inappropriate. It's jeans and a button up top, not a miniskirt. I've actually been sexually harassed at work wearing things that were completely fine according to the dress code, yet my office friend (who's also my best friend) told me he overhead male co-workers saying that I was asking for it. A guy I worked with was calling me "mamacita" and cat called me when I walked by. The first time I thought it was funny, but then he wouldn't stop so I said hey it's not funny anymore stop it and he continued. A female co-worker told him to stop too and he didn't so we told the boss. He was gonna get fired, but I actually told our manager not to fire him and she didn't. Then about two months later he made some type of comment to another lady and he got fired.

Sometimes when your an attractive woman in a mostly male environment it doesn't matter what you wear, men will still say things.

I would not wear that if I wanted to be taken seriously as a Sports Newscaster.

I was listening to this on the sports radio show while driving home. Some people were saying she was dressed too provocatively and the players should be given a pass. (Men behaving badly)

I did hear that she bills herself in her home of Mexico City as the Hottest Sports Broadcaster on TV. Jury is still out. No face shot?

Other people claimed it was the fact she was Latino and of course we all know Latino women are much more flamboyant than .... forget it not my idea anyway.

Ines-Sainz.jpg
at the World Cup

ines_sainz2.jpg

She was credentialled and whether she is a sports journalist of any worth is moot. Maybe she wouldn't look so bad in a business suit either?

All I can think of with her ass squeezed into those jeans like sausage in a casing is all the varicose veins she's going to have.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif All I can think of with her ass squeezed into those jeans like sausage in a casing is all the varicose veins she's going to have. From Ines:Isn't that comment getting a little catty?

Ines-Sainz-8.jpg

jk
laughing.gif

i still don't know if she really knows anything about sports?

A few things:

It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like or what you wear - you can be sexually harassed.

I get a little tired of people that think only the attractive women get harassed.

When a woman interviews athletes, she should always dress appropriately.

I don't think male reporters are wearing tight jeans, tank tops and high heels...

Why doesn't the league give the athletes 30-45 minutes to shower and get dressed into street clothes, before reporters enter the change rooms?

My bf and I were talking about this earlier. Here's my two cents.

1. Mexicans as a whole really don't care about american football, especially not the Jets. Why send a reporter to cover this?

2. Female reporters in the locker room is an issue all on it's own. Hot or not, you're in a room full of naked testosterone fueled men. Why even risk it? Send a dude reporter in.

3. "Other people claimed it was the fact she was Latino and of course we all know Latino women are much more flamboyant than .... forget it not my idea anyway."

--I'm a Mexican WOMAN, and you have some nerve making that statement.

LOL Darla, I think that every time I see a woman in tight pants. No varicose veins for me thank you very much.

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif 3. "Other people claimed it was the fact she was Latino and of course we all know Latino women are much more flamboyant than .... forget it not my idea anyway."

--I'm a Mexican WOMAN, and you have some nerve making that statement.

Yeah I dont get that either and i am "Latino". lol

Thank you Aprill! Me and my mum were talking about it and agree completely!

she was dressed inappropriately. Period. She got exactly what she was looking for and I hope her 30 secs of fame were worth it.

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif 3. "Other people claimed it was the fact she was Latino and of course we all know Latino women are much more flamboyant than

Hey as I prefaced my comment this what was on a sport radio talk show so I'm just giving you some unfiltered opinion from some random idiot out there.
I work with one or two Hispanic guys. I will have to ask them what they think. I can say anything to them without them getting offended. We had a real interesting discussion on illegal immigration recently.

...There are jeans and t-shirts and there are spraypainted jeans and t-shirts. From the time you are a pre-teen, you know that wearing clothing like she is, you have 1 intention and 1 intention only and that is not to talk shop (sports) like one of the guys.

As someone who has been sexually harassed on the job, I know sometimes there's nothing you can do to prevent it. I also know that there is a way to dress as a professional and there is a way that one can dress to draw attention to themselves which can help create a hostile environment and leave people not taking you seriously.

Aren´t comments like "she was asking for it, dressed like such a ho" something rapists commonly say? That´s why it bothers me when females say something similar. What´s with the judgement?

Now, I don´t know why reporters would go into the changing rooms for interviews. It this common practice even for male reporters? Not that I don´t wanna see sweaty football players with a towel wrapped around their waist ...sorry got off track lol...anyway, seems a bit weird to me either way.

Back