Help.... Were Being Invaded by Stink Bugs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They are everywhere!!

brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

Residents in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas are concerned about an invasion of stink bugs.Channel 11 News has received multiple calls about the bugs being inside people's homes.Thurman Mitchner and his girlfriend, Chirsty Teest, said they’ve been at war with the bugs for the past several weeks. Mitchner said he doesn't know how they get in his home and doesn't know how to keep them out."The other day, there must have been five or 10. They get in here somehow," Mitchner said. "There is one right behind you. Look at it. It's crawling on the window."The Washington County Penn State extension director said the bugs originally came from China, Japan and Korea."That's where they are native to," said Lee Young.Young said the bugs can be found from August to mid-October. He said the bugs like warm spaces. He said the best way to get rid of them is to vacuum them up if they get inside and he said to keep them out, you should seal cracks and crevasses at doors and entryways.The bugs are nothing but an annoyance, said Young. They do not carry diseases and do not bite or sting. •

Source - Stink Bugs: Best Ways To Keep Them Out Of Your Home? - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

they have 'em in Maryland too! nasty little things. I know they are not harmful, but have you found anything to that stink?

What a coincidence, I was just thinking how annoying they are! Yeah, they are EVERYWHERE, Karren! Fall has just barely started and they've made teir way here... Thankfully, they don't like my room very much. But the living room and the other rooms are littered with them. They fly low and are just such a bother. So gross!
frown.gif

Last year it was Lady bugs this year Stink bugs. And maybe my nose isn't sensitive but I have never thought they really smelled..

If you pick them up with your hand, you will smell a skunky smell on your fingers. I went to Home Depot and bought Ortho Max spray and spray them through the window screens and also bought the big bottle you attach to the hose and my husband sprayed all around outside. But, they are very persistent!!

OMG Karren were being invaded too!!!!! I'm am so ready for fall and winter so these bugs can go somewhere!!

And we also had a ladybug invasion, last year it was these huge and I mean HUGE mosquitoes!!! Man these stink bugs are all over our screen doors and windows, and bug spray does nothing!! I sat there and sprayed one forever and it just sat there like it was a shower!!

UGH!!! Go Away!

no actually don't ever squish them. they do leave a smell even if you can't smell them. the smell will attract more.

I just flick them off. I guess they are everywhere this year. At least they don't bite.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just flick them off. I guess they are everywhere this year. At least they don't bite. Yeah... They haven't been getting in the house.. Last year we had swarms of those chineese lady bugs. And they bite!!

Yeah! Lady bugs bite. People don't believe that when I tell them but my sister got a big lady bug bite and so did my son! I always tell kids not to pick them up.

Oh yeah! The north american variety were less apt to but the new Chineese (more orangeish color) are very agressive.

I just saw this on the news and the guy said that they smell like cilantro so why not cook them. lol

Well I've killed at least 5 and never smelled anything. Maybe it's because I had them wrapped tightly in a napkin.

I've heard all kinds of different things to get rid of them, tried a few, but to not much avail.. I can't say I'm "peacefully coexisting" with them, but coexisting nonetheless! The real bother wouldn't be the smell, just the amount of them there are, how low they fly, and yes, they land on you!! Gross enough, I was cleaning my hockey jersey, put it on, took it back off, and one just flew out! Just don't like 'em.

I've heard of stink bugs but not sure if I have seen them around my place. They don't sound pleasant!

Anyone want wasps? These buggers are bad this time of year. Usually mid to late August until the first frost or two hits. I don't dare sit outside with a sweet drink and my epi pen is at hand at all times lol.

Back