Best lipsticks for dry lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have lipstick recommendation or beauty reigmen advice for someone with dry lips? In the morning when I put on my lipliner/lipstick (the lipliner and lipstick are both MAC) and bit of lipgloss, it looks great!

But later on (only an hour or two) when it starts to wear off, my lips are dry...and then when I reapply lipstick, it looks icky. So my lips only look good the first few hours of the day.
frown.gif

I am healthy and try to drink water during the day to stay hydrated (although my skin tends to be dry). It's just my dry lips+lipstick that is the problem.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks!

Have you tried wearing lipbalm before you go to bed? When my lips are dry, I put some lipbalm or chapstick before I go to sleep. In the morning, no dry lips! If they are super dry, it may take a couple of days.

I agree with the other ladies. I've had a problem with dry lips lately, myself, and this is what worked for me:

Exfoliate my lips with C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Buffer and I also brush my lips with my toothbrush while I'm brushing my teeth.

Then I apply my EOS lip balm (the best stuff on earth)

You can also apply some lip balm and let it soften up your lips right before you reapply your liner and lipstick, just dab it off right before you apply your goods.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Oh, and that should help any lipstick look and feel better bbut NYX round lipsticks are the most moisturizing I've come across.

you can make your own lip scrub, just 1 tsp of olive oil mixed wit 2spn sugar. use an old toothbrush to exfoliate.

i used to do that everyday cuz i was suffering from dry lips. now its once in a while.

i have also vaseline, that i use every morning or night, or whenever i use the bathroom, since i keep it there.

am a lip balm addict, so i alway have to have lip balm on. even when am wearing lippie, i have to have the balm first. then i re-apply my lipstick or gloss.

Use MAC's Prep+Prime lip primer before you apply anything to your lips, it leaves them soft and smooth
smile.gif
I have dry lips and it always helps me. Doya G, I'll definitely try that!

I would also suggest shea butter on your lips at night, forget about vaseline, it's not that great.

I also suggest Burt's Bees lipbalms, they're really cheap and last a logn time, and they work very well. They have a tinted lipbalm (the pomegranate lipbalm), which can solve your problem
smile.gif

Aude, how can you diss good ol Vasoline? LOL!

I did try shea butter, but it didn't work as good for me
frown.gif

I have the same problem
frown.gif
I put on lip balm and Vaseline ALL the time, but my lips always get dry and flaky. I think for me part of the problem is working in a very dry work place - it's a big store with the high warehouse style ceilings, so all the moisture rises and it is pretty dry. So I feel your pain!

I've got a similar problem; if I don't stay on top of my lip maintenaince, they dry up quick and flake.

Sooooo...I use Philosophy: Kiss me lip sugar scrub. Squeeze it on dry lips, and rub and scrub with your finger. Wipe it off with a dry cloth or rinse it off.

Then, Sephora has a this cute tube of lip peel and it's exactly that: a mask for your lips. Put it on, it dries in a few minutes, peel it off, lips are fresh!!

Generally, just using Cherry chapstick or Carmex is good enough after that. But lately I've been using Sally Hansen's overnight lip repair. It helps with the lines on your lips, the feathering around your lips, and overall helps retain the moisture in your lips. My pucker feels great in the morning after that!!

Just remember, everywhere you go, chapstick, lip balm, lip butter....something that actually does a service to your lips besides give it color. Oh yes...SPF. Neosporin actually makes a lip cream with SPF 20 in it, so it's good for out-doorsey type lifestyles.

Basically, exfoliate and then moisturize!! Also, some lipsticks have built in serums in them and the texture is very creamy, kinda like the ColourRiche line by L'Oreal.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by CuteCurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thats why i wear only glosses. i eat them too
biggrin.gif
but its so easy to apply them quickly
wink.gif
laughing.gif
LMAO!! Definitely guilty of this.

Petrilude on Youtube has a video on how to take care of your lips using home stuff. Olive Oil and sugar. I do it all the time and it feels amazing. Trick is though, when you have finished scrubbing, you need to re-apply some olive oil or my lip tends to dry up. The olive oil works wonders
smile.gif

For dry lips I love Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Sugar Rosé and it's spf 15, it feels pretty moisturizing on the lips. Another one I wear that's good for dry lips but is a gloss is from Beauty For Real, they have several shades of gloss but there's one that's close to the natural color of lips that I like for everyday.

Originally Posted by makeupluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For dry lips I love Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Sugar Rosé and it's spf 15, it feels pretty moisturizing on the lips.

Ooh!  I have the one in Plum.  I forgot about this one; works wonders, feels great, nice color!

Ohhhhh ......dry lips makes people uncomfortable while talking and sometimes causes mild cracks also on their lips. For specifically

moisturizes your lips one can use Bare Escentuals Lipstick by Sephora which is having beneficial Vitamin E, Shea Butter,

Lavender Oil, and Macadamia Oil. This Macadamia Oil keeps your lips soft and protects it from outside exposure,

keeping your lips moisturized for more time.

I agree with all the tips about exfoliating and hydrating with lipbalms .

i use "korres" lipbalm and "apivita" lip care with organic beeswax,olive oil and propolis.

but there are some lipsticks that dehydrate and others that hydrate.

i LOVE, dior' s serum rouge!!! has great colors and makes lips feel and seem so juicy.it hydrates them too. i have most of the colors that i like of them

Latest posts

Back