- categoryNail Polishtagged by System, 10/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Labeling Color Wheels? Last post on Yesterday at 4:48 am in Nail Talk
- Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now? Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Nail Talk
- Best Matte nail polish?? Last post on 4/12/14 at 12:36pm in Nail Talk
- Short or long square manicure? Last post on 4/13/14 at 6:47am in Nail Talk
- 5-free nail polish Last post on 4/6/14 at 8:04am in Nail Talk
The No-Manicure Manicure
Last edited: 2/24/14
- Silver Glitter on New Year's EveLast edited: 12/27/13
- Christmas Party ManicuresLast edited: 12/1/13
- Best Holiday Sets For NailsLast edited: 10/30/13
- 3 Awesome Beauty Items to Bring to CollegeLast edited: 7/21/13
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Should nail polish on toes and nails match?post #1 of 386/9/10 at 6:07pmThread StarterMy brother actually made a comment about this when he noticed my toes and nails were two different colours. I usually do match them, but I've been too lazy. I change my nails every other day, I dont have the patience to be doing both my fingers and toes especially when my toes still look fine. Not going to lie, it kind of annoys me when their two different colours.Of course they dont HAVVVVVVE to match, but what do you prefer? What do the "fashion experts" say?
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 386/9/10 at 6:35pmpost #3 of 386/9/10 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 386/9/10 at 7:10pmThread Starterpost #5 of 386/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 386/9/10 at 7:39pmpost #7 of 386/9/10 at 7:44pmpost #8 of 386/9/10 at 8:11pmpost #9 of 386/9/10 at 8:29pmThread Starterpost #10 of 386/9/10 at 8:34pmpost #11 of 386/17/10 at 2:53ampost #12 of 386/17/10 at 2:57ampost #13 of 386/17/10 at 3:08am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Right now, I have no nail polish on my fingers and orange polish on my toes. No rules, no matter what Karren says. LOL especially if you do it yourself. A professional mani/pedi sometimes you don't get a choice of 2 different colours so you get same.post #14 of 386/17/10 at 3:19ampost #15 of 386/17/10 at 6:19am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?If you're going to a special event (where both are exposed) it's probably good to be matching.
But.... for everyday, I don't think it matters at all. My toe polish always lasts longer than my nail polish, plus I tend to prefer darker colours on my toes.post #16 of 386/17/10 at 6:34ampost #17 of 386/17/10 at 3:30pmpost #18 of 386/17/10 at 10:02pmpost #19 of 386/17/10 at 10:13pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?My toes and fingers will never match. I keep my nails french tip (pink & white acrylic). I fell in love with OPI "Big Apple Red" so for the last year my toes have always been that red. I just decided at my last pedi to switch to a pretty bright orange and I'm really pleased that I did.
Even if I were going to an important event, my fingers would be french but my toes would probably go back to a deep, classy red.post #20 of 386/17/10 at 10:30pmpost #21 of 386/17/10 at 11:08pmpost #22 of 386/22/10 at 5:25pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Mine never do. Because I am... well... we will call it toenail polish challenged I have to be careful what colors I stick on them. The darker ones are so hard to get off of my toes. Not to mention that the colors that look good on my hands don't always look good on my feet for some strange reason.post #23 of 386/30/10 at 7:29ampost #24 of 387/8/10 at 7:43pmpost #25 of 387/8/10 at 10:09pmpost #26 of 383/23/11 at 11:54am
I don't usually match them, but then again, I don't wear a lot of crazy colors. Usually I'll put colors on my toes, and then I sculpt and paint my nails with a clear sparkle/shimmer polish. I hate chips and I hate dirt under my nails, so sometimes I will paint the underside of my nail white to give it a frenchy feel without being too over the top. It keeps the dirt away!post #27 of 383/23/11 at 2:26pm
I think it only matters if it matches if you're going to a formal event with open toe shoes then you will want to look your very best and have toe and nails match but for every day flip flops or bare feet running around in the sun, who cares so long as the polish isn't chipped or gross looking.post #28 of 383/24/11 at 11:58am
@topic question: I say absolutely not! I used to match my fingernail and toenail polish all the time, but these days I find I'm actually preferring doing a really natural looking color on my fingernails, and leaving the really bright and dark colors for my toes. Mostly this is because when I paint my toenails (and especially when I do multiple layers) I find that the color lasts for weeks, so really noticeable colors stay looking nice on my feet.
However, any time I paint my fingernails, I find that the color chips and peels after a couple of days (sometimes faster, but it also depends on the brand a little bit. OPI and Essie tend to be better for lasting longer I find.) So, if I paint my fingernails a really noticeable color, it can start looking kind of crappy pretty fast. That's what I find anyway.post #29 of 383/24/11 at 7:27pm
- Should nail polish on toes and nails match?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Silver Glitter on New Year's Eve
- › Urban Decay increases prices on NAKED palettes (UD1-3 + Basics) 5 minutes ago
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 6 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 6 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 10 minutes ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 13 minutes ago
- › Circular Swap #5: West Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 17 minutes ago
- › What's Irritating You Today Rant Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Golden Tote 27 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 29 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene