- categoryNail Polishtagged by System, 10/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- New Limited Edition Nail Collection by Chanel Last post on Today at 8:45 am in Nail Talk
- Online US Shopping Spree - Advice Please! Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:59pm in Nail Talk
- Zoya MatteVelvet Jewel Trio Set Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:40pm in Nail Talk
- UD Limited Edition Polishes Last post on 11/21/13 at 7:46am in Nail Talk
- Anyone tried the Bonita Salon Style Polish? Last post on 11/17/13 at 9:33am in Nail Talk
Christmas Party Manicures
Last edited: 12/1/13
- Best Holiday Sets For NailsLast edited: 10/30/13
- 3 Awesome Beauty Items to Bring to CollegeLast edited: 7/21/13
- 5 New Nail Art TrendsLast edited: 7/20/13
- 90's Makeup Nostalgia!Last edited: 7/14/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
Should nail polish on toes and nails match?post #1 of 306/9/10 at 6:07pmThread StarterMy brother actually made a comment about this when he noticed my toes and nails were two different colours. I usually do match them, but I've been too lazy. I change my nails every other day, I dont have the patience to be doing both my fingers and toes especially when my toes still look fine. Not going to lie, it kind of annoys me when their two different colours.Of course they dont HAVVVVVVE to match, but what do you prefer? What do the "fashion experts" say?
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 306/9/10 at 6:35pmpost #3 of 306/9/10 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 306/9/10 at 7:10pmThread Starterpost #5 of 306/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 306/9/10 at 7:39pmpost #7 of 306/9/10 at 7:44pmpost #8 of 306/9/10 at 8:11pmpost #9 of 306/9/10 at 8:29pmThread Starterpost #10 of 306/9/10 at 8:34pmpost #11 of 306/17/10 at 2:53ampost #12 of 306/17/10 at 2:57ampost #13 of 306/17/10 at 3:08am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Right now, I have no nail polish on my fingers and orange polish on my toes. No rules, no matter what Karren says. LOL especially if you do it yourself. A professional mani/pedi sometimes you don't get a choice of 2 different colours so you get same.post #14 of 306/17/10 at 3:19ampost #15 of 306/17/10 at 6:19am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?If you're going to a special event (where both are exposed) it's probably good to be matching.
But.... for everyday, I don't think it matters at all. My toe polish always lasts longer than my nail polish, plus I tend to prefer darker colours on my toes.post #16 of 306/17/10 at 6:34ampost #17 of 306/17/10 at 3:30pmpost #18 of 306/17/10 at 10:02pmpost #19 of 306/17/10 at 10:13pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?My toes and fingers will never match. I keep my nails french tip (pink & white acrylic). I fell in love with OPI "Big Apple Red" so for the last year my toes have always been that red. I just decided at my last pedi to switch to a pretty bright orange and I'm really pleased that I did.
Even if I were going to an important event, my fingers would be french but my toes would probably go back to a deep, classy red.post #20 of 306/17/10 at 10:30pmpost #21 of 306/17/10 at 11:08pmpost #22 of 306/22/10 at 5:25pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Mine never do. Because I am... well... we will call it toenail polish challenged I have to be careful what colors I stick on them. The darker ones are so hard to get off of my toes. Not to mention that the colors that look good on my hands don't always look good on my feet for some strange reason.post #23 of 306/30/10 at 7:29ampost #24 of 307/8/10 at 7:43pmpost #25 of 307/8/10 at 10:09pmpost #26 of 303/23/11 at 11:54am
I don't usually match them, but then again, I don't wear a lot of crazy colors. Usually I'll put colors on my toes, and then I sculpt and paint my nails with a clear sparkle/shimmer polish. I hate chips and I hate dirt under my nails, so sometimes I will paint the underside of my nail white to give it a frenchy feel without being too over the top. It keeps the dirt away!post #27 of 303/23/11 at 2:26pm
I think it only matters if it matches if you're going to a formal event with open toe shoes then you will want to look your very best and have toe and nails match but for every day flip flops or bare feet running around in the sun, who cares so long as the polish isn't chipped or gross looking.post #28 of 303/24/11 at 11:58am
@topic question: I say absolutely not! I used to match my fingernail and toenail polish all the time, but these days I find I'm actually preferring doing a really natural looking color on my fingernails, and leaving the really bright and dark colors for my toes. Mostly this is because when I paint my toenails (and especially when I do multiple layers) I find that the color lasts for weeks, so really noticeable colors stay looking nice on my feet.
However, any time I paint my fingernails, I find that the color chips and peels after a couple of days (sometimes faster, but it also depends on the brand a little bit. OPI and Essie tend to be better for lasting longer I find.) So, if I paint my fingernails a really noticeable color, it can start looking kind of crappy pretty fast. That's what I find anyway.post #29 of 303/24/11 at 7:27pm
- Should nail polish on toes and nails match?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Best Holiday Sets For Nails
- › Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013 37 seconds ago
- › December 2013 - No/Low Buy Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box 2 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 5 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 8 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette 8 minutes ago
- › EM Cosmetics: Michelle Phan's new cosmetic line. 9 minutes ago
- › Starlooks Starbox December 2013 *spoilers* 14 minutes ago
- › (SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed! 17 minutes ago
- › Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!) 17 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene
- › How to create wonderful eyebrows by elyseadel
- › Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse by Airi Magdalene