- categoryNail Polishtagged by System, 10/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Marshmallows Last post on Yesterday at 1:06 pm in Nail Talk
- Essie "Not Just a Pretty Face" Last post on 3/6/14 at 11:06pm in Nail Talk
- BLACK, WHITE, RED OR BLUE WHATS YOUR FAV...? Last post on 2/28/14 at 3:45pm in Nail Talk
- Black/almost black nail polish Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:35pm in Nail Talk
- Stop Nail Polish Lifting Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:33am in Nail Talk
The No-Manicure Manicure
Last edited: 2/24/14
- Silver Glitter on New Year's EveLast edited: 12/27/13
- Christmas Party ManicuresLast edited: 12/1/13
- Best Holiday Sets For NailsLast edited: 10/30/13
- 3 Awesome Beauty Items to Bring to CollegeLast edited: 7/21/13
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
I have used this product off and on for the last 2 years. I really like that the color on me is natural looking. It has good coverage. But its a bit too greasy (and I don't have oily skin). I would...
Should nail polish on toes and nails match?post #1 of 306/9/10 at 6:07pmThread StarterMy brother actually made a comment about this when he noticed my toes and nails were two different colours. I usually do match them, but I've been too lazy. I change my nails every other day, I dont have the patience to be doing both my fingers and toes especially when my toes still look fine. Not going to lie, it kind of annoys me when their two different colours.Of course they dont HAVVVVVVE to match, but what do you prefer? What do the "fashion experts" say?
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 306/9/10 at 6:35pmpost #3 of 306/9/10 at 7:00pmpost #4 of 306/9/10 at 7:10pmThread Starterpost #5 of 306/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 306/9/10 at 7:39pmpost #7 of 306/9/10 at 7:44pmpost #8 of 306/9/10 at 8:11pmpost #9 of 306/9/10 at 8:29pmThread Starterpost #10 of 306/9/10 at 8:34pmpost #11 of 306/17/10 at 2:53ampost #12 of 306/17/10 at 2:57ampost #13 of 306/17/10 at 3:08am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Right now, I have no nail polish on my fingers and orange polish on my toes. No rules, no matter what Karren says. LOL especially if you do it yourself. A professional mani/pedi sometimes you don't get a choice of 2 different colours so you get same.post #14 of 306/17/10 at 3:19ampost #15 of 306/17/10 at 6:19am
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?If you're going to a special event (where both are exposed) it's probably good to be matching.
But.... for everyday, I don't think it matters at all. My toe polish always lasts longer than my nail polish, plus I tend to prefer darker colours on my toes.post #16 of 306/17/10 at 6:34ampost #17 of 306/17/10 at 3:30pmpost #18 of 306/17/10 at 10:02pmpost #19 of 306/17/10 at 10:13pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?My toes and fingers will never match. I keep my nails french tip (pink & white acrylic). I fell in love with OPI "Big Apple Red" so for the last year my toes have always been that red. I just decided at my last pedi to switch to a pretty bright orange and I'm really pleased that I did.
Even if I were going to an important event, my fingers would be french but my toes would probably go back to a deep, classy red.post #20 of 306/17/10 at 10:30pmpost #21 of 306/17/10 at 11:08pmpost #22 of 306/22/10 at 5:25pm
Re: Should nail polish on toes and nails match?Mine never do. Because I am... well... we will call it toenail polish challenged I have to be careful what colors I stick on them. The darker ones are so hard to get off of my toes. Not to mention that the colors that look good on my hands don't always look good on my feet for some strange reason.post #23 of 306/30/10 at 7:29ampost #24 of 307/8/10 at 7:43pmpost #25 of 307/8/10 at 10:09pmpost #26 of 303/23/11 at 11:54am
I don't usually match them, but then again, I don't wear a lot of crazy colors. Usually I'll put colors on my toes, and then I sculpt and paint my nails with a clear sparkle/shimmer polish. I hate chips and I hate dirt under my nails, so sometimes I will paint the underside of my nail white to give it a frenchy feel without being too over the top. It keeps the dirt away!post #27 of 303/23/11 at 2:26pm
I think it only matters if it matches if you're going to a formal event with open toe shoes then you will want to look your very best and have toe and nails match but for every day flip flops or bare feet running around in the sun, who cares so long as the polish isn't chipped or gross looking.post #28 of 303/24/11 at 11:58am
@topic question: I say absolutely not! I used to match my fingernail and toenail polish all the time, but these days I find I'm actually preferring doing a really natural looking color on my fingernails, and leaving the really bright and dark colors for my toes. Mostly this is because when I paint my toenails (and especially when I do multiple layers) I find that the color lasts for weeks, so really noticeable colors stay looking nice on my feet.
However, any time I paint my fingernails, I find that the color chips and peels after a couple of days (sometimes faster, but it also depends on the brand a little bit. OPI and Essie tend to be better for lasting longer I find.) So, if I paint my fingernails a really noticeable color, it can start looking kind of crappy pretty fast. That's what I find anyway.post #29 of 303/24/11 at 7:27pm
- Should nail polish on toes and nails match?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Silver Glitter on New Year's Eve
- › What companies do you subscribe to? 4 seconds ago
- › POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion) 1 minute ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 6 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have March 2014 *SPOILERS* 11 minutes ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 16 minutes ago
- › Makeup Stashes & Organization 20 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion!) 27 minutes ago
- › newbie here! 40 minutes ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 43 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 49 minutes ago
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Philosophy Purity made Simple by gingergirl12308
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene