I want to know what the difference is between primer and foundation and concealer?
- categoryConcealers Neutralizerstagged by System, 2/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- How would you help cosmetics brands with your own ideas? Last post on 4/17/14 at 1:31pm in Makeup Talk
- Makeup Facial Cleanser? Last post on 4/13/14 at 10:20am in Makeup Talk
- Ipsy wait list question? (not sure where to post it) Last post on 4/11/14 at 8:38am in Makeup Talk
- e.l.f products!! Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:28pm in Makeup Talk
- music video makeup favourites!!!!!!! Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:59pm in Makeup Talk
Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You Didn't Plan On It
Last edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- Makeup For MenLast edited: 10/1/13
- Read This Before You Conceal Under The Eye!Last edited: 8/9/13
- Debunking the Myth: Makeup EditionLast edited: 2/23/13
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
What's the Difference between Primer and Foundation and Concealer?post #1 of 112/26/11 at 2:36pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 112/26/11 at 3:35pm
If you use the search bar at the top of this page, I am sure you will find many more in depth threads about each.
Basically a primer is used to prime your face for makeup. Not everyone uses on, nor is it necessary. They are usually gel or liquid form, you use a bit on your face before applying your makeup. Like priming a canvas before you paint. It will help makeup last longer and may reduce redness and the look of pore size, depending on the type you use.
Foundation is in liquid, cream, stick, powder or mousse form. It is a makeup that closely resembles your skin co lour and you use this to cover imperfections and discolorations in the skin. You apply this all over your face to give a smooth, even toned finish. The makeuptalk beauty blog has a post on the different types of foundation and pros of each.
Concealer is like a heavier foundation. It is used to conceal tattoos, pimples, acne, scars, age spots......anything you like really.
I hope this helped you somewhat get a better understanding. :)post #3 of 112/27/11 at 7:28amA simple way to answer your question is to basically tell you the purpose of each product.
A primer is normally used to help makeup application last longer, be applied easier and (depending on the product) can help to fill in fine line and wrinkles to create an "even plane" for your makeup. There are many kinds of primers, eye, lip, and foundations are the general 3.
Now a foundation concealer or concealer, can be used for many reasons. Generally, clients want their foundation to look natural, therefore, the goal for foundation is to create a look where the entire face is even toned and flawless. Concealer can help to miminize (or completely cover) scars, blemishes, dark spots, birth marks/cosmetic defects, dark under-eyes, etc. Also, many African American suffer from hyperpigmentation, so concealer can be used to help even out the skin tone!
Hope this helps you.post #4 of 112/27/11 at 9:03amThread Starterpost #5 of 112/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #6 of 112/27/11 at 7:04pmThread Starterpost #7 of 112/28/11 at 3:35ampost #8 of 113/5/11 at 5:06pm
There are many popular cosmetic brands depending on a persons budget, reason for cosmetic application and preference.
Of course there are the popular cosmetic brands that you can find at your local drug stores, which are cost efficient, but just as good as other brands (Revlon, L'Oreal, etc.
Then there brands found in department stores, MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, etc.
And of course, there are the labels known by professional make-up artists. Temptu, INGLOT, etc.
In my personal opinion, there is not ONE cosmetic brand that is better than the others. Every brand has so many cosmetic innovations that are great!
I hope this helps.
-Courtpost #9 of 113/5/11 at 5:54pmpost #10 of 113/11/11 at 7:15ampost #11 of 113/16/11 at 7:46am
- MakeupTalk has taken the time to "embed" your video for you.
- Can you do us a favor and make sure that you "embed" all your videos directly into posts/threads instead of linking them.
- If you are not sure how to embed, please see this
- Thank you!
- What's the Difference between Primer and Foundation and Concealer?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 1 minute ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 1 minute ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep May 2014 2 minutes ago
- › L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?! 4 minutes ago
- › bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!) 4 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss Box Swaps 5 minutes ago
- › Influenster 6 minutes ago
- › Most recent purchases? 7 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Box Swaps Monthly and Specials 19 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 24 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene