I want to know what the difference is between primer and foundation and concealer?
- categoryConcealers Neutralizerstagged by System, 2/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- What makeup places to hit while in Vegas. Last post on Today at 10:50 am in Makeup Talk
- Spreading the love of makeup at hospitals! Last post on 3/7/14 at 8:16am in Makeup Talk
- Can you help me find a spot treatment? Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:43am in Makeup Talk
- Australian Beauty Blogs? Last post on 3/3/14 at 9:23pm in Makeup Talk
- Destash and Sell on eBay: Tips and Advice Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:58pm in Makeup Talk
Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You Didn't Plan On It
Last edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- Makeup For MenLast edited: 10/1/13
- Read This Before You Conceal Under The Eye!Last edited: 8/9/13
- Debunking the Myth: Makeup EditionLast edited: 2/23/13
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
I have used this product off and on for the last 2 years. I really like that the color on me is natural looking. It has good coverage. But its a bit too greasy (and I don't have oily skin). I would...
What's the Difference between Primer and Foundation and Concealer?post #1 of 112/26/11 at 2:36pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 112/26/11 at 3:35pm
If you use the search bar at the top of this page, I am sure you will find many more in depth threads about each.
Basically a primer is used to prime your face for makeup. Not everyone uses on, nor is it necessary. They are usually gel or liquid form, you use a bit on your face before applying your makeup. Like priming a canvas before you paint. It will help makeup last longer and may reduce redness and the look of pore size, depending on the type you use.
Foundation is in liquid, cream, stick, powder or mousse form. It is a makeup that closely resembles your skin co lour and you use this to cover imperfections and discolorations in the skin. You apply this all over your face to give a smooth, even toned finish. The makeuptalk beauty blog has a post on the different types of foundation and pros of each.
Concealer is like a heavier foundation. It is used to conceal tattoos, pimples, acne, scars, age spots......anything you like really.
I hope this helped you somewhat get a better understanding. :)post #3 of 112/27/11 at 7:28amA simple way to answer your question is to basically tell you the purpose of each product.
A primer is normally used to help makeup application last longer, be applied easier and (depending on the product) can help to fill in fine line and wrinkles to create an "even plane" for your makeup. There are many kinds of primers, eye, lip, and foundations are the general 3.
Now a foundation concealer or concealer, can be used for many reasons. Generally, clients want their foundation to look natural, therefore, the goal for foundation is to create a look where the entire face is even toned and flawless. Concealer can help to miminize (or completely cover) scars, blemishes, dark spots, birth marks/cosmetic defects, dark under-eyes, etc. Also, many African American suffer from hyperpigmentation, so concealer can be used to help even out the skin tone!
Hope this helps you.post #4 of 112/27/11 at 9:03amThread Starterpost #5 of 112/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #6 of 112/27/11 at 7:04pmThread Starterpost #7 of 112/28/11 at 3:35ampost #8 of 113/5/11 at 5:06pm
There are many popular cosmetic brands depending on a persons budget, reason for cosmetic application and preference.
Of course there are the popular cosmetic brands that you can find at your local drug stores, which are cost efficient, but just as good as other brands (Revlon, L'Oreal, etc.
Then there brands found in department stores, MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, etc.
And of course, there are the labels known by professional make-up artists. Temptu, INGLOT, etc.
In my personal opinion, there is not ONE cosmetic brand that is better than the others. Every brand has so many cosmetic innovations that are great!
I hope this helps.
-Courtpost #9 of 113/5/11 at 5:54pmpost #10 of 113/11/11 at 7:15ampost #11 of 113/16/11 at 7:46am
- MakeupTalk has taken the time to "embed" your video for you.
- Can you do us a favor and make sure that you "embed" all your videos directly into posts/threads instead of linking them.
- If you are not sure how to embed, please see this
- Thank you!
- What's the Difference between Primer and Foundation and Concealer?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 1 minute ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 1 minute ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion!) 7 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still subscribe to Beauty Army? 16 minutes ago
- › The Monday Club 18 minutes ago
- › Most recent purchases? 20 minutes ago
- › FabFitFun Spring 2014 Box *Spoilers* 22 minutes ago
- › Glossybox March 2014 (spoilers) 22 minutes ago
- › Popsugar 2014 Swaps and Trades 25 minutes ago
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Philosophy Purity made Simple by gingergirl12308
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene