What are the main ingredients I should be looking for when choosing a great makeup primer? I have your classic oil in the T-zone problem. The rest of my makeup looks fabulous and my T-zone always looks so-so.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- FOTD PURPLE LOOK Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:35pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD NATURAL/SULTRY LOOK Last post on 3/5/14 at 5:12pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - Another natural for the day Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:33am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Teal Mermaid FOTD Last post on Today at 11:51 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - Natural Look Last post on 2/27/14 at 5:18pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves
Last edited: 2/28/14
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Changing Makeup With The SeasonLast edited: 2/21/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 40's & 50's.Last edited: 1/1/14
My hair was badly damaged from chemicals and chlorine. Every time I would get out of the shower there would be a handful of hair in the drain. I would lose more hair when combing or brushing my...
I purchased this product about a month ago from Birchbox.com, I used my points so I got it for basically free but if you're just buying it it's 20 dollars; for the most part. I have suffered from...
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 54/6/11 at 7:52pmpost #3 of 54/7/11 at 5:17pmThread Starter
Dimethicone for the slip. That makes sense. Okay...one more silly question: How would that NOT clog your pores? Your putting a barrier between your skin and the makeup? Wouldn't the oil stay in your pores under the primer? Is there any other alternative than dimethicone and I assume the other would be a silicone for a primer? I need a primer but not the pimples? I'm clueless when it comes to primers.post #4 of 54/7/11 at 10:07pmpost #5 of 54/7/11 at 11:23pm
Primers vary depending on the type of silicone used (dimethicone being the most common). Dimethicone has proved to be used as a skin protectant, which is good to not only treat individual issues with your skin (acne, burns, etc) but protects your skin from bacteria, as well. Cyclomethicone is good because it's non comedogenic and outstanding for those with oily skin types. I think you can weigh the pros and cons and the strengths of dimethicone definitely outweigh the weaknesses. Overall, it is good for your skin.
- Primer Ingredients
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › Lip Factory March 2014 1 minute ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers/merged!) 2 minutes ago
- › POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion) 3 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 5 minutes ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 6 minutes ago
- › Most recent purchases? 6 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Ipsy Swaps 10 minutes ago
- › Lip Monthly 10 minutes ago
- › Quarterly Co Nina Garcia 11 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 19 minutes ago
- › Redken Extreme Anti Snap by Tigerlilly6309
- › 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - 1 fl oz by PikaPop
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene