What are the main ingredients I should be looking for when choosing a great makeup primer? I have your classic oil in the T-zone problem. The rest of my makeup looks fabulous and my T-zone always looks so-so.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- FOTD - December 6, 2013 Last post on 12/7/13 at 12:03am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD December 5, 2013 Last post on 12/5/13 at 7:39am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD December 4, 2013 Last post on 12/4/13 at 6:25am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Lorac Pro Palette - Great Deal! Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:29pm in Hauls and Stashes
- FOTD Thankgiving 2013 Last post on 11/29/13 at 6:24pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories
Last edited: 12/2/13
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female SpouseLast edited: 12/1/13
- The Best Way To Cut Costs on High End MakeupLast edited: 12/1/13
- Common Contouring Mistakes and How To Fix ThemLast edited: 9/29/13
- Code of Conduct: Sitting For A Makeup ArtistLast edited: 9/24/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 54/6/11 at 7:52pmpost #3 of 54/7/11 at 5:17pmThread Starter
Dimethicone for the slip. That makes sense. Okay...one more silly question: How would that NOT clog your pores? Your putting a barrier between your skin and the makeup? Wouldn't the oil stay in your pores under the primer? Is there any other alternative than dimethicone and I assume the other would be a silicone for a primer? I need a primer but not the pimples? I'm clueless when it comes to primers.post #4 of 54/7/11 at 10:07pmpost #5 of 54/7/11 at 11:23pm
Primers vary depending on the type of silicone used (dimethicone being the most common). Dimethicone has proved to be used as a skin protectant, which is good to not only treat individual issues with your skin (acne, burns, etc) but protects your skin from bacteria, as well. Cyclomethicone is good because it's non comedogenic and outstanding for those with oily skin types. I think you can weigh the pros and cons and the strengths of dimethicone definitely outweigh the weaknesses. Overall, it is good for your skin.
- Primer Ingredients
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 11 minutes ago
- › Ipsy December 2013 Swap-O-Rama 17 minutes ago
- › (Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon! 30 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 35 minutes ago
- › QC, HEX, RPM, Online! 53 minutes ago
- › North 1 hour ago
- › The stuff before the work. 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Birchbox Limited Edition: Precious Metals (SPOILERS) 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Skin care brands, the best and the worst 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Skincare Helpppp! 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene