What are the main ingredients I should be looking for when choosing a great makeup primer? I have your classic oil in the T-zone problem. The rest of my makeup looks fabulous and my T-zone always looks so-so.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Bronzy FOTD Last post on Today at 11:12 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD 4/11/14 - Vibrant Orchid Last post on 4/14/14 at 8:37pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD-With the new neon eyeliner from Hard Candy Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:53pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Sigma Beauty Creme de Couture palette Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:07am in Palettes
- FOTD April 9, 2014 Last post on 4/9/14 at 12:08pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves
Last edited: 2/28/14
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Changing Makeup With The SeasonLast edited: 2/21/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 40's & 50's.Last edited: 1/1/14
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
I have received this serum in several different sub boxes, and I'm always thrilled to see it. It is pretty prices for the full size version, and I probably wouldn't spend that on a face serum. I...
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 54/6/11 at 7:52pmpost #3 of 54/7/11 at 5:17pmThread Starter
Dimethicone for the slip. That makes sense. Okay...one more silly question: How would that NOT clog your pores? Your putting a barrier between your skin and the makeup? Wouldn't the oil stay in your pores under the primer? Is there any other alternative than dimethicone and I assume the other would be a silicone for a primer? I need a primer but not the pimples? I'm clueless when it comes to primers.post #4 of 54/7/11 at 10:07pmpost #5 of 54/7/11 at 11:23pm
Primers vary depending on the type of silicone used (dimethicone being the most common). Dimethicone has proved to be used as a skin protectant, which is good to not only treat individual issues with your skin (acne, burns, etc) but protects your skin from bacteria, as well. Cyclomethicone is good because it's non comedogenic and outstanding for those with oily skin types. I think you can weigh the pros and cons and the strengths of dimethicone definitely outweigh the weaknesses. Overall, it is good for your skin.
- Primer Ingredients
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 1 minute ago
- › Golden Tote 5 minutes ago
- › Allure Winter Beauty Box 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Birchbox pick two mystery packs 11 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 12 minutes ago
- › Lip Factory April 2014 12 minutes ago
- › When is Allure Spring Beauty Box out? 15 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss (MERGED) 16 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 21 minutes ago
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Pro Blending Eyeshadow Fluff Brush by Lisa Sherin
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene