I have been growing my nails for some time now and I am quite surprised they have grown to the length they are now as they hardly ever grew. They are to me very strong, but I have realised that a few have gotten chips and I don't know why. One of the longest, my right thumb, chipped today at the base and is now broken. I tried to mend it but because I use it type on my black berry it's not the mend is not staying. What can I do strengthen them? What do you do?
Related Forum Threads
- diy full set Last post on 10/30/13 at 11:58am in Nail Talk
- Free Zoya Trixie and Free shipping Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:40pm in Nail Talk
- Sally Hansen no more FUNGUS? Last post on 10/5/13 at 5:47am in Nail Talk
- How many people like gel nails here? Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:48pm in Nail Talk
- Splitting nails - what the heck!? Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:10am in Nail Talk
Christmas Party Manicures
Last edited: 12/1/13
- Debunking the Myth: Nails EditionLast edited: 2/19/13
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
- 4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013Last edited: 4/10/13
- The Truth About Gel ManicuresLast edited: 3/29/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
How do you keep your nails from breaking?post #1 of 75/9/11 at 3:01pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 75/9/11 at 3:55pmpost #3 of 75/10/11 at 5:39amThread Starterpost #4 of 75/12/11 at 9:32pmpost #5 of 75/13/11 at 4:15ampost #6 of 75/13/11 at 4:54ampost #7 of 75/13/11 at 1:54pm
Yup, vitamin D sure helps ! I also take supplements for my hair, and of course they also help my nails. They're stronger, maybe a bit thicker, and grow faster.
Check your nail ridges, if you can really see them and they're obvious, then it's an indication of not having enough iron, so iron supplements (if needed) help too.
- How do you keep your nails from breaking?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Debunking the Myth: Nails Edition
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 11 seconds ago
- › Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013 2 minutes ago
- › *Spoilers FabFitFun Winter 2013 box 3 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 6 minutes ago
- › (SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed! 6 minutes ago
- › Ulta 10 minutes ago
- › Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!) 12 minutes ago
- › SEPHORA active codes - codes only thread 14 minutes ago
- › Secret Santa for NAILS 2013! 16 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 17 minutes ago
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by 3Babydolls
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene