I have been growing my nails for some time now and I am quite surprised they have grown to the length they are now as they hardly ever grew. They are to me very strong, but I have realised that a few have gotten chips and I don't know why. One of the longest, my right thumb, chipped today at the base and is now broken. I tried to mend it but because I use it type on my black berry it's not the mend is not staying. What can I do strengthen them? What do you do?
Related Forum Threads
- 911** My nails are hurting so BAD!! Last post on 2/27/14 at 6:41pm in Nail Talk
- Best cuticle oil Last post on 2/26/14 at 1:08pm in Nail Talk
- Moisturize! Last post on 1/21/14 at 12:43pm in Nail Talk
- Does biotin also make cuticles thicker / grow? Last post on 1/3/14 at 6:07pm in Nail Talk
- Ways to stop biting nails? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:33am in Nail Talk
Christmas Party Manicures
Last edited: 12/1/13
- Debunking the Myth: Nails EditionLast edited: 2/19/13
- Nail Art Stuff on a BudgetLast edited: 2/25/14
- The No-Manicure ManicureLast edited: 2/24/14
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
I have used this product off and on for the last 2 years. I really like that the color on me is natural looking. It has good coverage. But its a bit too greasy (and I don't have oily skin). I would...
How do you keep your nails from breaking?post #1 of 75/9/11 at 3:01pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 75/9/11 at 3:55pmpost #3 of 75/10/11 at 5:39amThread Starterpost #4 of 75/12/11 at 9:32pmpost #5 of 75/13/11 at 4:15ampost #6 of 75/13/11 at 4:54ampost #7 of 75/13/11 at 1:54pm
Yup, vitamin D sure helps ! I also take supplements for my hair, and of course they also help my nails. They're stronger, maybe a bit thicker, and grow faster.
Check your nail ridges, if you can really see them and they're obvious, then it's an indication of not having enough iron, so iron supplements (if needed) help too.
- How do you keep your nails from breaking?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Debunking the Myth: Nails Edition
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion!) 58 minutes ago
- › Honey and antibiotics 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › What is your monthly beauty budget? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › BB Cream ? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Blush Mystery Beauty Box March 2014 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Sephora,Victoria Secret or Loreal Paris? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Advices for Photo shoot? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › SeasonsBox Giveaway - "Love Yourself" February Box, PLUS an... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Nail Art & Stamping 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Philosophy Purity made Simple by gingergirl12308
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene