I have been growing my nails for some time now and I am quite surprised they have grown to the length they are now as they hardly ever grew. They are to me very strong, but I have realised that a few have gotten chips and I don't know why. One of the longest, my right thumb, chipped today at the base and is now broken. I tried to mend it but because I use it type on my black berry it's not the mend is not staying. What can I do strengthen them? What do you do?
Related Forum Threads
- Worst colors and brands for staining? Last post on 4/10/14 at 2:36pm in Nail Talk
- Nail Polish you're wearing right now? Last post on 3/27/14 at 2:00pm in Nail Talk
- Anyone Interested In A Canadian Circle Swap? Last post on 3/27/14 at 12:06pm in Nail Talk
- 911** My nails are hurting so BAD!! Last post on 2/27/14 at 6:41pm in Nail Talk
- Best cuticle oil Last post on 2/26/14 at 1:08pm in Nail Talk
Christmas Party Manicures
Last edited: 12/1/13
- Debunking the Myth: Nails EditionLast edited: 2/19/13
- Nail Art Stuff on a BudgetLast edited: 2/25/14
- The No-Manicure ManicureLast edited: 2/24/14
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
I have received this serum in several different sub boxes, and I'm always thrilled to see it. It is pretty prices for the full size version, and I probably wouldn't spend that on a face serum. I...
How do you keep your nails from breaking?post #1 of 75/9/11 at 3:01pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 75/9/11 at 3:55pmpost #3 of 75/10/11 at 5:39amThread Starterpost #4 of 75/12/11 at 9:32pmpost #5 of 75/13/11 at 4:15ampost #6 of 75/13/11 at 4:54ampost #7 of 75/13/11 at 1:54pm
Yup, vitamin D sure helps ! I also take supplements for my hair, and of course they also help my nails. They're stronger, maybe a bit thicker, and grow faster.
Check your nail ridges, if you can really see them and they're obvious, then it's an indication of not having enough iron, so iron supplements (if needed) help too.
- How do you keep your nails from breaking?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Debunking the Myth: Nails Edition
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 26 seconds ago
- › Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS* 2 minutes ago
- › Birchbox Swaps April 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 2 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › IPSY April Swaps 4 minutes ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep April 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 5 minutes ago
- › A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Pre-Sign-Up... 6 minutes ago
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Pro Blending Eyeshadow Fluff Brush by Lisa Sherin
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene