What is the best foundation and powder for oily, sensitive skin? I have recently tried MAC Pro Longwear which made me break out in a rash and Lancome Teint Idol which I like but it does nothing for oil control. Please give me your suggestions!
Related Forum Threads
- Bronzy FOTD Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:12am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- NYx love in rio palette , tutorial up soon :) Last post on 4/6/14 at 3:48pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Make up of the Day - dusty rose look Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:49am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD Last post on 3/29/14 at 10:33pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Artist Inspired FOTD Last post on 3/16/14 at 7:30pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Beauty Quackery Throughout History
Last edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female SpouseLast edited: 12/1/13
- Discussion: Makeup Pet PeevesLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
BEST FOUNDATION & POWDER FOR OILY, SENSITIVE SKIN?post #1 of 215/16/11 at 10:08amThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 215/16/11 at 6:50pmpost #3 of 215/16/11 at 7:16pmpost #4 of 215/16/11 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowbandit
I have really oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I normally use Mary Kay Medium foundation with Fyrinnae Finishing Powder for Oily Skin. I haven't had any problems with those so far. Make sure to wash your face every night, no matter what. Us oily skinned girls have to be strict!
Agreed! I even wash my face in the morning before I put on my makeup. Cetaphil is a great facial cleanser. I just started using it and it's already clearing away all of my acne :)post #5 of 215/16/11 at 7:42pm
I wish it was that easy for me! I have cystic acne, so I have to use prescription stuff. The funny thing is, everyone talks about how great ProActiv is. I tried it and it just stopped working on my skin. Shortly after, I had cystic acne because my skin was so confused that it just overloaded. ugh.post #6 of 215/16/11 at 9:13pm
My skin used to be oily but it's more combo now. It's also sensitive. I've found that mineral makeup is great. I like Jane Iredale pressed foundation. I also like the new covergirl NatureLuxe foundation. I tried a sample of the Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation and it felt really nice and didn't irritate my skin. I was pleasantly surprised because I had never tried Maybelline foundations before. I think using a foundation primer might help with controlling the oiliness and sensitivity. I found that to be the case for me. I used to use Estee Lauder Idealist and really liked it. I also like Laura Mercier foundation and foundation primer as well as Chanel foundations. Smashbox foundation primer is great too. I found that my skin didn't do well with MAC foundations. I would always break out.post #7 of 215/16/11 at 9:55pmpost #8 of 215/17/11 at 10:48am
Have you ever tried mineral makeup? Mineral makeup works great on my sensitive skin. Also in the summer when the weather tends to be warm and humid it keeps my oil t-zone in check. I've been using http://hellominerals.com/. Love. Love. Love. When I find a product that works on my temperamental skin I stick with it!!
I also use the gentle skin cleanser by CeraVe. Again, another great product. It doesn't strip my skin of the oil it needs but cleans fantastically. I use a nubby washcloth to wash my sensitive skin. Works great to exfoliate. Also, may help to use a salicylic acid in a lotion form to keep pores clean, prior to makeup application.post #9 of 215/18/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
I recently tried bare minerals and it did not work for me at all. Powder foundations do not blend in well to my skin and really settles into my pores even with primer. I used to use the Maybelline mineral power liquid foundation which was ok but they dont make it anymore. I am willing to try another liquid mineral foundation if there is one? I really prefer liquid foundations that are light or medium coverage. I was looking into Estee Lauder double wear light or Lancome teint idole fresh wear...has anyone tried these?post #10 of 211/17/12 at 11:20ampost #11 of 211/17/12 at 8:57pmpost #12 of 214/26/13 at 8:50pmpost #13 of 215/24/13 at 7:15pmpost #14 of 215/25/13 at 12:40pmpost #15 of 215/25/13 at 12:55pmpost #16 of 215/26/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
I also think this foundation is amazing. I use this everyday for work and it will last all day without any touch-ups. This is a full coverage foundation and it covers everything!! However for work I can sheer this out and apply it lightly without powdering it and it will still last all day while stopping any shine from coming through on my oily t-zone.
I have acne prone skin and this does not irritate my skin either. I always reach for this one if I want my makeup to last all daypost #17 of 216/4/13 at 10:11ampost #18 of 216/4/13 at 10:12ampost #19 of 216/5/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
This is exactly what I use and it has changed my life! Use Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder with their Veil Mineral primer and you will be doing your skin a huge favor! My skin used to react badly to so many other products I tried and once I switched to Hourglass my skin has calmed down and actually improved. Theres no junk in the products (Oil Free, Paraben/Sulfate Free) and they work miracles on the skin in hiding redness and blemishes as well. The liquid powder gives me a photographic perfect look and lasts all day with the primer. It has been the best cosmetic investment I have made in my entire life and I am recommending that everyone discovers these products.post #20 of 216/6/13 at 5:20pm
I have the same skin type - I'm a grease factory and my skin is SO sensitive. Avoid MAC like the plague - I have yet to not break out horrifically from one of their foundations.
I use Urban Decay De-Slick for oil control in my trouble spots with Laura Gellar Spackle as a primer. For foundation, either Skin79 Super+ BB Cream (Pink formula in winter, orange in summer since its a matte finish) or MUFE HD Foundation. My go to powder is Bare Minerals Illuminating Mineral Veil areas I want to highlight - usually my cheeks and undereyes, and the matte formula on my nose and chin. This all gives enough coverage that I don't need to use concealer anywhere but my dark circles.
post #21 of 216/7/13 at 10:12am
- BEST FOUNDATION & POWDER FOR OILY, SENSITIVE SKIN?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For You
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Grey eyeshadow for eyebrows? 2 hours ago
- › Urban Decay increases prices on NAKED palettes (UD1-3 + Basics) 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › What's in your makeup bag? Fess up! 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss (MERGED) 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE LIKE OR DO GAMING?????? PS3 or XBOX360? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Word Association Game! 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Who else used to raid mom's make-up when younger? 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene