What is the best foundation and powder for oily, sensitive skin? I have recently tried MAC Pro Longwear which made me break out in a rash and Lancome Teint Idol which I like but it does nothing for oil control. Please give me your suggestions!
Related Forum Threads
- Teal Mermaid FOTD Last post on 3/6/14 at 11:23am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Baby Pink Makeup Look Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:47am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Purple And Pink FOTD Last post on 3/6/14 at 11:34am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Golden Glow FOTD Last post on 2/8/14 at 6:08pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD Feb. 2- Valentines looks <3 Last post on 2/2/14 at 9:51pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Beauty Quackery Throughout History
Last edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female SpouseLast edited: 12/1/13
- Discussion: Makeup Pet PeevesLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
I purchased this product about a month ago from Birchbox.com, I used my points so I got it for basically free but if you're just buying it it's 20 dollars; for the most part. I have suffered from...
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
BEST FOUNDATION & POWDER FOR OILY, SENSITIVE SKIN?post #1 of 215/16/11 at 10:08amThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 215/16/11 at 6:50pmpost #3 of 215/16/11 at 7:16pmpost #4 of 215/16/11 at 7:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowbandit
I have really oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I normally use Mary Kay Medium foundation with Fyrinnae Finishing Powder for Oily Skin. I haven't had any problems with those so far. Make sure to wash your face every night, no matter what. Us oily skinned girls have to be strict!
Agreed! I even wash my face in the morning before I put on my makeup. Cetaphil is a great facial cleanser. I just started using it and it's already clearing away all of my acne :)post #5 of 215/16/11 at 7:42pm
I wish it was that easy for me! I have cystic acne, so I have to use prescription stuff. The funny thing is, everyone talks about how great ProActiv is. I tried it and it just stopped working on my skin. Shortly after, I had cystic acne because my skin was so confused that it just overloaded. ugh.post #6 of 215/16/11 at 9:13pm
My skin used to be oily but it's more combo now. It's also sensitive. I've found that mineral makeup is great. I like Jane Iredale pressed foundation. I also like the new covergirl NatureLuxe foundation. I tried a sample of the Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation and it felt really nice and didn't irritate my skin. I was pleasantly surprised because I had never tried Maybelline foundations before. I think using a foundation primer might help with controlling the oiliness and sensitivity. I found that to be the case for me. I used to use Estee Lauder Idealist and really liked it. I also like Laura Mercier foundation and foundation primer as well as Chanel foundations. Smashbox foundation primer is great too. I found that my skin didn't do well with MAC foundations. I would always break out.post #7 of 215/16/11 at 9:55pmpost #8 of 215/17/11 at 10:48am
Have you ever tried mineral makeup? Mineral makeup works great on my sensitive skin. Also in the summer when the weather tends to be warm and humid it keeps my oil t-zone in check. I've been using http://hellominerals.com/. Love. Love. Love. When I find a product that works on my temperamental skin I stick with it!!
I also use the gentle skin cleanser by CeraVe. Again, another great product. It doesn't strip my skin of the oil it needs but cleans fantastically. I use a nubby washcloth to wash my sensitive skin. Works great to exfoliate. Also, may help to use a salicylic acid in a lotion form to keep pores clean, prior to makeup application.post #9 of 215/18/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
I recently tried bare minerals and it did not work for me at all. Powder foundations do not blend in well to my skin and really settles into my pores even with primer. I used to use the Maybelline mineral power liquid foundation which was ok but they dont make it anymore. I am willing to try another liquid mineral foundation if there is one? I really prefer liquid foundations that are light or medium coverage. I was looking into Estee Lauder double wear light or Lancome teint idole fresh wear...has anyone tried these?post #10 of 211/17/12 at 11:20ampost #11 of 211/17/12 at 8:57pmpost #12 of 214/26/13 at 8:50pmpost #13 of 215/24/13 at 7:15pmpost #14 of 215/25/13 at 12:40pmpost #15 of 215/25/13 at 12:55pmpost #16 of 215/26/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
I also think this foundation is amazing. I use this everyday for work and it will last all day without any touch-ups. This is a full coverage foundation and it covers everything!! However for work I can sheer this out and apply it lightly without powdering it and it will still last all day while stopping any shine from coming through on my oily t-zone.
I have acne prone skin and this does not irritate my skin either. I always reach for this one if I want my makeup to last all daypost #17 of 216/4/13 at 10:11ampost #18 of 216/4/13 at 10:12ampost #19 of 216/5/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
This is exactly what I use and it has changed my life! Use Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder with their Veil Mineral primer and you will be doing your skin a huge favor! My skin used to react badly to so many other products I tried and once I switched to Hourglass my skin has calmed down and actually improved. Theres no junk in the products (Oil Free, Paraben/Sulfate Free) and they work miracles on the skin in hiding redness and blemishes as well. The liquid powder gives me a photographic perfect look and lasts all day with the primer. It has been the best cosmetic investment I have made in my entire life and I am recommending that everyone discovers these products.post #20 of 216/6/13 at 5:20pm
I have the same skin type - I'm a grease factory and my skin is SO sensitive. Avoid MAC like the plague - I have yet to not break out horrifically from one of their foundations.
I use Urban Decay De-Slick for oil control in my trouble spots with Laura Gellar Spackle as a primer. For foundation, either Skin79 Super+ BB Cream (Pink formula in winter, orange in summer since its a matte finish) or MUFE HD Foundation. My go to powder is Bare Minerals Illuminating Mineral Veil areas I want to highlight - usually my cheeks and undereyes, and the matte formula on my nose and chin. This all gives enough coverage that I don't need to use concealer anywhere but my dark circles.
post #21 of 216/7/13 at 10:12am
- BEST FOUNDATION & POWDER FOR OILY, SENSITIVE SKIN?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For You
- › How To Prevent Premature Wrinkles 1 minute ago
- › MUT Traders: List Your Swaps 33 minutes ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 35 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 35 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 49 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 54 minutes ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Dry Skin 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers/merged!) 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › How much do you guys know about makeup. 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - 1 fl oz by PikaPop
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene