I know expensive is relatively subjective, however expensive to me is anything over $10. I have quite a few brands in my little stash with Sinful Colors, Orly, China Glaze, Sally Hansen and a few others being my favorites, but I never cross $10. For me it's just nail polish (my sister would kill me and go into a long diatribe about that statement and would scream blasphemy) and one of those things I could not care less about brandwise. I have a few expensive ones that I got as gifts, however I have seen no difference in wear. I did notice however, a difference in formula where two coats is sufficient compared to 3 or 4 in a cheaper brand. More expensive brands I think also has a wider variety shade wise to choose from....what about you? Expensive or no?
Related Forum Threads
- 30 Manis Marathon 2013 Last post on 1/6/14 at 2:57am in Nail Talk
- New Polish Circular Swap Last post on 4/11/14 at 12:43pm in Nail Talk
- Nailart tutorial: turquoise, baby pink accent nail " gold sparkles Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:21am in Nail Talk
- What nail polish to wear??? Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:04am in Nail Talk
- Nail Polish Dupes List Last post on 1/20/14 at 9:50pm in Nail Talk
4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013
Last edited: 4/10/13
- The No-Manicure ManicureLast edited: 2/24/14
- Christmas Party ManicuresLast edited: 12/1/13
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
- The Truth About Gel ManicuresLast edited: 3/29/13
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Expensive nail polish - yay or nay?post #1 of 176/4/11 at 6:45pmThread Starterpost #2 of 176/6/11 at 1:51pmpost #3 of 176/6/11 at 1:57pmpost #4 of 176/6/11 at 5:48pmpost #5 of 176/6/11 at 6:44pmpost #6 of 176/7/11 at 7:05am
I would probably agree that $10 is on the expensive side.
I mostly buy China Glaze (usually buy these on the B2G1 deal at Sally's) and OPI (around $8). However, I recently bought the Butter London Melt Away cuticle treatment ($20) and it worked like a dream! So now I'm interested in trying some of their polishes ($14).
I just feel guilty spending that much on polish, I don't know why. lol I don't really mind forking over extra dollars for treatments though! :-Ppost #7 of 176/7/11 at 7:22ampost #8 of 176/7/11 at 7:25am
I was wondering the big differences. I recently started painting my nails nonstop because it helps me to stop chewing them, so I am all for trying out new colors, brands, etc. So far it's worked, I haven't chewed my nails in over a month and I even had to cut them they got so long! 28 years of nail chewing and I think, I hope, I finally quit!!post #9 of 176/7/11 at 7:39am
Congrats! I've never been a nail biter myself, but I do bite the sides of my fingers... lol *ashamed* I think it may be an even worse habit! And definitely a hard one to kick!Quote:Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
I was wondering the big differences. I recently started painting my nails nonstop because it helps me to stop chewing them, so I am all for trying out new colors, brands, etc. So far it's worked, I haven't chewed my nails in over a month and I even had to cut them they got so long! 28 years of nail chewing and I think, I hope, I finally quit!!post #10 of 176/7/11 at 7:41ampost #11 of 176/7/11 at 11:21am
Around $15 is my max for polish and I've never actually spent that much. My favorite brand is Zoya and I pay around $8 for that. I would love to try some of the really expensive polishes like Deborah Lippmann, Butter London, and even Chanel...but I can justify right now. The wear time for me is way better on Zoya, but even with brands like that I usually order during promos.post #12 of 176/7/11 at 2:45pm
I would love some of those brands as well but I can't justify spending that much money. I buy OPI and China Glaze at a pro discount but only because I order products for my mother's salon (online) or have her pick stuff up at the warehouse. I can buy Essie, Orly, CND, China Glaze, Lanel, NSI, OPI, SpaRitual, Zoya, IBD, Seche and a few others all at 50% off retail. If it wasn't for her I couldn't get a lot of stuff on discount. Now if only she'd let me get her pro cards/discounts with makeup companies! LOL Better still if makeup companies would give the same discount to licensed professionals as they do to non-licensed people.post #13 of 176/9/11 at 5:17pm
I was actually a picker, Hang nails cuticles all of it...all OCD about it too..but I have stoped that since doing all the nail art
Quote:post #14 of 176/12/11 at 7:12ampost #15 of 176/12/11 at 8:07ampost #16 of 176/12/11 at 10:05am
I think the cheaper brands can work just as well... some may be a little harder to apply then others and do take longer to dry. I will say I do keep probably 3-4 bottles of OPI on hand because it does go on so easily and it dries so much faster than some other brands I've used. There is a definite difference in quality in respect to that... but as far as staying power and all that. Cheaper and Expensive run neck and neck IMO.
- Expensive nail polish - yay or nay?
- The No-Manicure Manicure
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 1 minute ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 1 minute ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep May 2014 2 minutes ago
- › L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?! 4 minutes ago
- › bzz agent - consumer testing panel (aka lookie what i got to try out!) 4 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss Box Swaps 5 minutes ago
- › Influenster 6 minutes ago
- › Most recent purchases? 7 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Box Swaps Monthly and Specials 19 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 24 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene