I really love Birchbox and would to get another monthly makeup subscription but I don't know if any other websites do this. Can anyone give any recommendations? Are there any other website like it?
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 6/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- FOTD - December 6, 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 12:03 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD December 5, 2013 Last post on 12/5/13 at 7:39am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD December 4, 2013 Last post on 12/4/13 at 6:25am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Lorac Pro Palette - Great Deal! Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:29pm in Hauls and Stashes
- FOTD Thankgiving 2013 Last post on 11/29/13 at 6:24pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories
Last edited: 12/2/13
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female SpouseLast edited: 12/1/13
- The Best Way To Cut Costs on High End MakeupLast edited: 12/1/13
- Common Contouring Mistakes and How To Fix ThemLast edited: 9/29/13
- Code of Conduct: Sitting For A Makeup ArtistLast edited: 9/24/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
Any websites similar to Birchbox?post #1 of 276/16/11 at 9:05pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 276/16/11 at 9:50pmpost #3 of 276/16/11 at 10:05pmpost #4 of 276/16/11 at 10:37pm
Test Tube looks to be the most promising. It's more pricey at around $39 every three months (it breaks down around $13 per month) but you get deluxe samples. QVC has a good example of what to expect from Test Tube.post #5 of 276/16/11 at 10:44pmpost #6 of 276/17/11 at 7:16amThread Starterpost #7 of 276/17/11 at 8:47ampost #8 of 276/17/11 at 9:59ampost #9 of 276/17/11 at 11:56am
More information on Test Tube Beauty.
Beauty Fix, another subscription company. Most of us have agreed that the price is too much ($50).post #10 of 276/20/11 at 7:20ampost #11 of 276/20/11 at 7:27ampost #12 of 276/20/11 at 3:07pmpost #13 of 276/20/11 at 3:30pm
She also posted it at another beauty talk site and it was her only post there as well. Same profile picture. Maybe she's actually the owner of the site, no idea but I did notice the Glymm site is still "coming soon" while the Facebook people posted how they loved their boxes. From what I've gathered people have been asking when they'll be launching and the replies are always "soon" and "within a week". Someone asked if they can pay via Paypal and instead of getting a straightforward "yes" or "no" the reply was, "Our customer service team will be contacting you today to explain the process :) Stay tuned!". Guess we'll have to wait and see.post #14 of 276/20/11 at 6:42pmpost #15 of 276/21/11 at 12:43pmpost #16 of 277/13/11 at 5:44pmpost #17 of 279/14/11 at 1:29pm
Someone just left a comment on my Beauty Tube blog post and mentioned they had just signed up for https://gogogirlfriend.com, which is another Birchbox type monthly service.
They seem pretty new. They also offer two plans, one at $6.99 per month and one at $12.99 per month. I think I'm gonna sign up and see how they compare to Birchbox.
EDIT: So I've been trying to figure out where they ship to but I don't see it anywhere on their website. Either I'm blind or it's not on there. But apparantly it's shipped within the US because I was just able to sign up. I chose the $12.99 per month plan because you get a free Tarte gloss as a bonus. And if I don't like the box, I won't cry over losing $12.99 :)
Here is the confirmation email they sent:
Hi Chelsey, and welcome to GoGoGirlfriend.com!!
We are so excited that you have joined our community. Please make sure and visit our members only home page for the latest updates on
- Member only giveaways
- Your reward points
- Review surveys you can complete to gain more reward points
When will you get your first free sample box? The first free box ships about 2 weeks after sign up. Then the free Girlfriend Sample Box ships monthly or every other month 9depending on your membership type) on or about the same date that you received the first free sample box.
Our boxes are shipped through USPS, and you will get an email with a tracking number, you can also check your member home page and see boxes shipped or in progress.
Don't forget to check out our GoGogirlfriend store - http://GoGogirlfriend.com/store - for fabulous deals and the special discounts you receive just for being a member. You also earn reward points for purchasing products and always Free Shipping.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about your membership, please contact us here:
Don't forget to check back to see the latest GoGoGirlfriend product reviews
and exciting new special offers.
Edited by GirlyEnthusiast - 9/14/11 at 1:40pmpost #18 of 279/14/11 at 1:52pm
I've been looking into it and am still on the fence about that one. I might try this in December if I'm not happy with my October and November Birchboxes. I said it before that I'll give BB six months and make my decision then.post #19 of 279/14/11 at 4:07pm
Some of the blog posts I've seen of the Go Go Girlfriend boxes look pretty hefty.
Here is one I found from Augustpost #20 of 279/14/11 at 5:35pm
i looked into gogo girlfriend (kind of a weird name.. idk. i always think of a gogo dancer when i read the name lol.. maybe i'm just a weirdo :D hahaha) and it does look promising. i also looked into test tube, and read that they seem to screw up their billing/shipping service... like, you get billed but don't actually receive the box in a timely fashion. of course, i don't know how true this is. something about new sites like that, especially when you can't find a whole lot of info, always make me.. suspicious.. or, maybe i should rather say careful.
of course $12.99 isn't that much, and if i don't like the products.. so be it. but i'm kind of scared to be scammed out of my money by not getting anything or something. it's not a lot, but it 13 bucks i could have spent on something else. you know what i mean? idk.post #21 of 279/14/11 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast
Some of the blog posts I've seen of the Go Go Girlfriend boxes look pretty hefty.
Here is one I found from August
Wow! THAT does look nice. I only dislike the two ELF products since those are $1 items which makes me question the cost of the rest of the stuff. I know that "relax" mask is sold at my local Dollar Tree because I buy them as bath gifts (I buy stuff at Bath & Body Works).
post #22 of 279/26/11 at 8:18am
Updating this list:
In the US:
- Birchbox ($10 monthly)
You get between 4 to 6 samples sometimes deluxe size, sometimes full size and sometimes mini size. For each item you get you can review the item and receive 10 points. Accumulate 100 points and you get $10 off almost any purchase (some restrictions on certain items, see Birchbox for more info). You can stack your points to but points DO expire within 365 days. You also get 50 points if you get people to sign up via referral link and they become a subscriber or place an order with Birchbox.
- New Beauty's Test Tube ($29.95 + $8.95, quarterly [every three months])
This is kind of pricey at almost $40 but from what I've seen on YouTube and my own first tube... OMG... you GET your money's worth in products. I'm editing this list to add the QVC version (auto renewal or one time only).
- Yellow Box Beauty ($34.95 monthly + $7.95 shipping/handling)
- Eco-Emi ($15 monthly, free shipping)
Keep in mind that Eco-Emi doesn't just send out beauty products but other products that are environmentally friendly products ranging from food to health products to household items.
- Makeup Monthly ($30 monthly, free shipping)
Turns out that this company is based in WA state. Are possibly selling/shipping discontinued/expired makeup. It does not have a Master Business License to resell (which is what they're doing with the boxes) and it does not have a business license in Federal Way, WA where the PO Box is listed at. Also their domain name is private so there is no way to know who owns the company. Buyer beware when dealing with them as they seem to be operating illegally in WA state.
- Beautyfix ($49.99 quarterly, free shipping)
I don't think the products shipped from Beautyfix are worth the $50 box. TOO expensive for stuff you can find at Walmart for less.
- GoGoGirlfriend ($12.95 monthly for a box each month OR $6.99 monthly and you'll get a box every other month)
- His Black Box ($12 monthly)
For men... or women who like men's products.
- Julep ($19.99 monthly)
Hand, nail and foot care subscription based in Seattle, WA.
- Beauty Army (unknown)
Not yet launched. Info coming soon.
In the UK:
- GlossyBox (£10 monthly + £2.95 shipping/handling)
- Amarya Beauty Box (£10 monthly or £120 yearly.)
- Boudoir Prive (£10 monthly)
- Feel Unique Beauty Box (£9.95 monthly)
- Latest In Beauty (starts at £1 monthly)
- Lust Have It ($14.95 monthly or $160 for 12 months)
This is the most similar to Birchbox right down to awarding of points to redeem for $10 off a purchase. Delivery is for Australia and Tasmania only. At time time I do not know if they ship to New Zealand or not.
- Stylemint ($29.99 monthly)
The styling powerhouse known as the Olson twins are back! Stylemint is their latest venture where they will be designing and releaing a new t-shirt each month! (Credit to Melanie for the tip! :D)
- Jewel Mint ($29.99 monthly)
- Shoe Dazzle ($39.95 monthly, can skip before the 5th of each month.)
Owned by Kim Kardashian, this is was among the first of the product subscription services that I heard about. I've been a member since 2008 and while I haven't purchased each month I have loved the shoes I've purchased from there including my exercise shoes which cost over $60 at other stores. In early 2011 they began to offer more than just shoes and handbags and now offer jewelry, haircare/cosmetic products (during the Dazzle Deal) among other items. From time to time they also have 2 pairs for $39.95.
- Sole Society ($49.95 monthly, also can skip the month before the 5th of each month.)
Exactly like Shoe Dazzle in that it's shoes but it's $10 more. Styles are practically identical to Shoe Dazzle but sometimes they have some much more cute styles.
- Blissmobox ($19 monthly)
Blissmobox ships out organic and eco-friendly products. Unlike other companies you can either let them pick out products for you or you can pick products to try.
- Foodzie ($19.99 monthly)
- Like Blissmobox this company also ships out food related products. Unlike Blissmobox you don't get to choose.
Toys and Miscellaneous products
- Babbaco ($29.99 monthly)
Items for infants and children.
referral links removed from postpost #23 of 2711/12/11 at 8:39ampost #24 of 2711/12/11 at 11:02am
BTW - I'm no longer updating the list in this thread. I've posted a master list in the Articles section which I will maintain instead.post #25 of 2711/12/11 at 10:10pm
Another great jewelry one is called BaubleBar. The pieces start around $20 depending on what you pick.Quote:Originally Posted by zadidoll
Updating this list:
- Jewel Mint ($29.99 monthly)
referral links removed from postpost #26 of 2711/24/11 at 2:45pmQuote:
When I click the Yellow Box link I am taken to a page that says "This site has been suspended."post #27 of 2711/26/11 at 12:45pm
Thanks for the update. I'll be removing it from the list.
Locking this thread. Please refer to this thread for the current "master" list of subscription programs out there.
This thread is locked
- Any websites similar to Birchbox?
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse
- › New Polish Circular Swap 54 seconds ago
- › Weight loss/toning group anyone? 1 minute ago
- › POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX 1 minute ago
- › (Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon! 1 minute ago
- › *Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box 2 minutes ago
- › Wantable - new quarterly subscription 3 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 3 minutes ago
- › Favorite Nars Blush?! 4 minutes ago
- › Could someone explain lip tars to me? 5 minutes ago
- › QOTD March 21, 2013 - What is your favorite season and why? 8 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene