I checked my tracking number and I am receiving my Feb maven box today and it's not even Feb yet. Their shipping service so far is phenemonal especially compared to other subscription companies. It makes me feel like a little kid, but I hope that I'm one of the 500 who will receive a special Golden Box! I should find out in about 3 hours
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How many people like gel nails here? Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:48pm in Nail Talk
- Fall Nailpolish Trends 2013 Last post on 10/24/13 at 2:33pm in Nail Talk
- 30 Manis Marathon 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 12:18 pm in Nail Talk
- New Polish Circular Swap Last post on Yesterday at 12:37 pm in Nail Talk
- Nailart tutorial: turquoise, baby pink accent nail " gold sparkles Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:21am in Nail Talk
Christmas Party Manicures
Last edited: 12/1/13
- 5 New Nail Art TrendsLast edited: 7/20/13
- 4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013Last edited: 4/10/13
- The Truth About Gel ManicuresLast edited: 3/29/13
- Nails: How To Do a Dot ManicureLast edited: 3/19/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
Julep Maven Box - Page 5
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #122 of 1901/31/12 at 2:50pm
Mine is out for delivery!Detailed Results:
Out for Delivery, January 31, 2012, 7:48 am, , WA
Sorting Complete, January 31, 2012, 7:38 am, , WA
Arrival at Post Office, January 31, 2012, 4:36 am, , WA
Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, , WA
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, 11:44 pm, , WA
Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, SEATTLE, WA 98168
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, 4:10 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98168
It's here! I didn't realize the time and when I looked down after posting the above I realized Bill (mailman) should have been here by now.
I chose the It Girl box this month and my "special" item was a chocolate bar in the shape of an Oscar. Boo. I didn't get a special golden box. I'm going to cancel because I just can't justify spending almost $22 a month on a box of three polishes that are the size of a Zoya mini polish.post #123 of 1901/31/12 at 3:10pm
Ok I'm kind of confused. I got a black makeup bag with the hand scrub with a filer and a few nail polish but not my maven box. I think I ordered this previously a little while back. This means my kit is still being shipped or maybe they got the order mixed up. I guess I will contact customer service so I can figure out what's going on!post #124 of 1901/31/12 at 5:31pm
That is confusing MakeupA. What box were you expecting this month?
Here are the polishes from the It Girl box that I received today. Pretty colors, I've tried on two of three (not the gold glitter one) but my god these stink to high heaven. I have such a headache from just painting two of my nails. I couldn't get to the glitter because the smell was VERY strong.post #125 of 1901/31/12 at 7:55pm
Those are gorgeous! I'm usually All American Beauty but I switched to It Girl this month. I figured out what happened! Lol I guess I've been so busy ordering various gwp items that I completely forgot I ordered the hand scrub from Julep Maven back on Jan 2nd. That's what came in the mail today which I thought was my maven box. I received a second tracking# a few days ago but for some reason it didn't work or wasn't updated until today so hopefully I will get it some time next week! Whew!post #126 of 1901/31/12 at 10:11pm
im kinda ticked at them....as fast as they shipped my first order, they are just as slow and giving me a refund.. they said they refunded my $5 (for the 2nd promo i tried to buy but they denied) last wed. as of today i still dont have refund.. called today and she said she would email the girl that does refunds.. and would get soon.. took then hours to take $ from my acct, one day to email me saying i didnt qualify and couldnt get promo....and well over a week for refund....it is only $5 i know but its the point.....post #127 of 1902/1/12 at 2:22pmThread Starterpost #128 of 1902/1/12 at 4:41pmpost #129 of 1902/1/12 at 4:56pmpost #130 of 1902/1/12 at 6:01pmpost #131 of 1902/1/12 at 8:04pmpost #132 of 1902/1/12 at 8:15pmpost #133 of 1902/2/12 at 2:37am
oh ok.. so they had them made.. i was a little confused...:) your polishes are great tho!
Quote:Originally Posted by zadidoll
This is what the chocolate bar looks like. At first I was like "WTH is THAT suppose to be" I had to tilt it to see it's an Oscar with the Julep Maven logo embossed on it. Frankly at the cost of making those chocolates I rather would have had another nail polish or sample packets.post #134 of 1902/2/12 at 2:41am
Speaking of promos... There's a new one. Another "mystery box".Quote:Treat your girlfriend (or yourself) to a Valentine’s Day surprise. Julep’s Valentine’s Day Mystery Box will include anywhere from $60 to $200 worth of Julep’s BEST SELLERS including two Julep Nail Color and Julep bonus gifts. Use discount code: VALENTINE at checkout for promotional pricing. Only 1000 available!
Valentine's Day Box of Mystery $60. Use their promo code Valentine and it's $19.99. I DID buy it but only because I had an old voucher for $30 to use so out of pocket it was free. We'll see what I get. I'll be annoyed if it's two polishes and one of their scrubs again.post #135 of 1902/2/12 at 4:57amQuote:Originally Posted by zadidoll
Speaking of promos... There's a new one. Another "mystery box".
Valentine's Day Box of Mystery $60. Use their promo code Valentine and it's $19.99. I DID buy it but only because I had an old voucher for $30 to use so out of pocket it was free. We'll see what I get. I'll be annoyed if it's two polishes and one of their scrubs again.
Considering that is what one of their normal boxes cost, yeah. I'd be pissed.post #136 of 1902/2/12 at 7:45amThread Starterpost #137 of 1902/2/12 at 10:44am
I got both my boxes yesterday in the mail. the colors are all really pretty, but oscar isn't what i was expecting at all. it's just a regular gold glitter, i thought it was going to have flakes in it instead, because the original photos make it look like the pieces are larger than they actually are.
the chocolate bar is not exciting to me, i dont like dark chocolate at all and would have rather had something else instead.
Im actually happy I didn't get a gold surprise box, because I get two boxes for my subscription, and then I ended up ordering elizabeth and the bombshell box last week since i wanted to get that color, and to get the hair product. so I practically have the whole gold box anyways!
i did end up using gift cerfif monies to buy a Valentines Mystery Box, so we'll see what I get in it! Hopefully colors I don't own. I have over 40 of their colors because of the Maven Program, ordering sets last year, and the mystery boxes in dec.post #138 of 1902/2/12 at 11:24ampost #139 of 1902/2/12 at 12:35pmQuote:
Send up some of that heat! It's not freezing cold anymore but I wouldn't mind if the weather was in the high 60s to 70s.
post #140 of 1902/5/12 at 9:25ampost #141 of 1902/7/12 at 3:00pmpost #142 of 1902/11/12 at 8:30ampost #143 of 1902/11/12 at 8:52amQuote:
Yes, they automatically rebill every month.post #144 of 1902/11/12 at 8:56ampost #145 of 1902/14/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
Oooh thanks for the intro code! It worked for me just now and I'll be getting "It Girl." Like you I'll probably cancel before my next billing. $20 seems like so much for a couple of nail polishes, but $1.00 is awesomepost #146 of 1902/14/12 at 2:08pmpost #147 of 1902/14/12 at 3:43pmpost #148 of 1902/15/12 at 11:31am
on the site it shows it girl coming with a creme grey polish called meryl instead of the blue one that you received. did you notice that?
Quote:Originally Posted by zadidoll
That is confusing MakeupA. What box were you expecting this month?
Here are the polishes from the It Girl box that I received today. Pretty colors, I've tried on two of three (not the gold glitter one) but my god these stink to high heaven. I have such a headache from just painting two of my nails. I couldn't get to the glitter because the smell was VERY strong.post #149 of 1902/15/12 at 1:20pm
No I didn't notice but you're right. It's suppose to be Meryl.http://www.julep.com/mavens-only/february-it-girl-boxpost #150 of 1902/15/12 at 1:25pm
i tried it.. since the billing name/address was the same.. (i used my cats name for the acct & boyfriends address for shipping) they denied it.. it went thru initially then the next day i got an email saying 'one per household'.... oh well.. try it tho! you may slip thru the cracks! :)
- Julep Maven Box
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- 5 New Nail Art Trends
- › *Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box 2 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 4 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 11 minutes ago
- › Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!) 14 minutes ago
- › Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013 22 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 30 minutes ago
- › Starlooks Starbox December 2013 *spoilers* 47 minutes ago
- › Glossybox December 2013 *Spoilers 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Hey guys. Im in a big make up decision dilemma and need help! 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene
- › How to create wonderful eyebrows by elyseadel
- › Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse by Airi Magdalene