Is there anything I can use as a sub for cuticle cream?? That will give the same effect so it'll be easier to push cuticles back?? Like maybe a thick lotion or what?? I'm trying to grow my nails out again, hah.
- categoryNailstagged by System, 1/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Matte nail polish?? Last post on 4/12/14 at 12:36pm in Nail Talk
- Short or long square manicure? Last post on 4/13/14 at 6:47am in Nail Talk
- 5-free nail polish Last post on 4/6/14 at 8:04am in Nail Talk
- Worst colors and brands for staining? Last post on 4/10/14 at 2:36pm in Nail Talk
- Nail Polish you're wearing right now? Last post on 3/27/14 at 2:00pm in Nail Talk
Nail Art Stuff on a Budget
Last edited: 2/25/14
- The No-Manicure ManicureLast edited: 2/24/14
- Christmas Party ManicuresLast edited: 12/1/13
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
- 4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013Last edited: 4/10/13
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Substitute for cuticle cream/oil??post #1 of 131/5/12 at 6:51amThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 131/5/12 at 7:07ampost #3 of 131/5/12 at 7:30ampost #4 of 131/5/12 at 7:39ampost #5 of 131/5/12 at 8:25ampost #6 of 131/5/12 at 9:33ampost #7 of 131/5/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 131/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Because I would never put anything on my hands that could clog my pores. I limit touching my face, but even so nothing goes on my hands that could break me out.
Also, my dogs would never leave me alone lol!post #9 of 131/5/12 at 3:39pm
The skin surrounding your nails is not the cuticle, it's the eponychium. The cuticle is beneath the eponychium and it's the white rigid "flaky" layer you may see at the edge of your nail. Cuticle creams will not work on the real cuticle. The reason the eponychium is called the cuticle by companies is because it's easier to say and remember cuticle than it is eponychium. lol
That said, any oil such as almond oil, macadamia oil, olive oil, lavender oil can substitute any "cuticle" creams, lotions or oils on the market. You can do a hot oil bath by getting a manicure bowl and fill it with warm oil (you can heat some by putting it into a plastic squeeze bottle and put the bottle into hot water for several minutes) and then allow your fingers to rest in the bowl for a few minutes then continue on like a normal manicure.post #10 of 131/6/12 at 1:19amThread Starterpost #11 of 131/6/12 at 5:58pmpost #12 of 131/9/12 at 2:50pmpost #13 of 131/9/12 at 3:45pmI kind of do what Zazi suggested. After removing my nail polish, I put some very warm water in a bowl and add oils like castor oil, jojoba, virgin coconut, etc. I let my hands soak in that for about 20 minutes or so while I'm watching tv. It works great, keeps my hands and nails in great condition, and doesn't interfere with my nail polish application afterwards. My nails are all my own and grow very well. I always manage to grow them long with few breaks. I usually wind up having to cut them back.
- Substitute for cuticle cream/oil??
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- The No-Manicure Manicure
- › (Spoilers) Julep May 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Food Sub: Plated 10 minutes ago
- › April 2014 No/Low-Buy Support, Advice, Free Hugs, and Commiseration 14 minutes ago
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 15 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss Box Swaps 21 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 26 minutes ago
- › PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box 27 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Golden Tote 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene