Is there anything I can use as a sub for cuticle cream?? That will give the same effect so it'll be easier to push cuticles back?? Like maybe a thick lotion or what?? I'm trying to grow my nails out again, hah.
- categoryNailstagged by System, 1/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Julep favorites Last post on Today at 1:06 am in Nail Talk
- Essie "Not Just a Pretty Face" Last post on 3/6/14 at 11:06pm in Nail Talk
- 911** My nails are hurting so BAD!! Last post on 2/27/14 at 6:41pm in Nail Talk
- Stop Nail Polish Lifting Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:33am in Nail Talk
- Let's talk gel nails! Last post on 3/5/14 at 1:29pm in Nail Talk
Nail Art Stuff on a Budget
Last edited: 2/25/14
- The No-Manicure ManicureLast edited: 2/24/14
- Christmas Party ManicuresLast edited: 12/1/13
- 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6Last edited: 4/21/13
- 4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013Last edited: 4/10/13
I purchased this product about a month ago from Birchbox.com, I used my points so I got it for basically free but if you're just buying it it's 20 dollars; for the most part. I have suffered from...
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
Substitute for cuticle cream/oil??post #1 of 131/5/12 at 6:51amThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 131/5/12 at 7:07ampost #3 of 131/5/12 at 7:30ampost #4 of 131/5/12 at 7:39ampost #5 of 131/5/12 at 8:25ampost #6 of 131/5/12 at 9:33ampost #7 of 131/5/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 131/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Because I would never put anything on my hands that could clog my pores. I limit touching my face, but even so nothing goes on my hands that could break me out.
Also, my dogs would never leave me alone lol!post #9 of 131/5/12 at 3:39pm
The skin surrounding your nails is not the cuticle, it's the eponychium. The cuticle is beneath the eponychium and it's the white rigid "flaky" layer you may see at the edge of your nail. Cuticle creams will not work on the real cuticle. The reason the eponychium is called the cuticle by companies is because it's easier to say and remember cuticle than it is eponychium. lol
That said, any oil such as almond oil, macadamia oil, olive oil, lavender oil can substitute any "cuticle" creams, lotions or oils on the market. You can do a hot oil bath by getting a manicure bowl and fill it with warm oil (you can heat some by putting it into a plastic squeeze bottle and put the bottle into hot water for several minutes) and then allow your fingers to rest in the bowl for a few minutes then continue on like a normal manicure.post #10 of 131/6/12 at 1:19amThread Starterpost #11 of 131/6/12 at 5:58pmpost #12 of 131/9/12 at 2:50pmpost #13 of 131/9/12 at 3:45pmI kind of do what Zazi suggested. After removing my nail polish, I put some very warm water in a bowl and add oils like castor oil, jojoba, virgin coconut, etc. I let my hands soak in that for about 20 minutes or so while I'm watching tv. It works great, keeps my hands and nails in great condition, and doesn't interfere with my nail polish application afterwards. My nails are all my own and grow very well. I always manage to grow them long with few breaks. I usually wind up having to cut them back.
- Substitute for cuticle cream/oil??
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- The No-Manicure Manicure
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 25 seconds ago
- › (Game) What comes to mind.... 42 seconds ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 58 seconds ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 1 minute ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers/merged!) 1 minute ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 1 minute ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 2 minutes ago
- › Keep it going! The Penpal Thread!! 16 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Ipsy Swaps 17 minutes ago
- › L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?! 21 minutes ago
- › 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - 1 fl oz by PikaPop
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene