or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › FAQs about Birchbox

FAQs about Birchbox - Page 2

post #31 of 106

How do you find each box on the site though? Is it possible to look and find it on birchbox.com

 

post #32 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iugirl13 View Post

How do you find each box on the site though? Is it possible to look and find it on birchbox.com

 


The links are pretty much the same each month and so you become use to how they label their links. Just check out the monthly threads since that will basically show you what each month's links look like.

 

 

post #33 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post


The links are pretty much the same each month and so you become use to how they label their links. Just check out the monthly threads since that will basically show you what each month's links look like.

 

 



Thank you rolleyes.gif

post #34 of 106

To get multiple Birchbox accounts, what info (if any) do you need to change? Can the shipping address be the same?

post #35 of 106

So I have an annual subscription.  What happens if someone gives me a three- or six-month subscription?  Would it be consecutive or concurrent?  Or would I get to choose?

post #36 of 106

I think that the only info that changes is email address. You have to have separate emails for each subscription.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygab1126 View Post

To get multiple Birchbox accounts, what info (if any) do you need to change? Can the shipping address be the same?



 

post #37 of 106

I am canceling BirchBox this month. I have a few questions:

 

Do I need to redeem the points I have accumulated before I cancel my sub? Will my points stay in my account after I cancel?

 

Will free shipping still be available on new items after I cancel?

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

post #38 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by page5 View Post

I am canceling BirchBox this month. I have a few questions:

 

Do I need to redeem the points I have accumulated before I cancel my sub? Will my points stay in my account after I cancel?

 

Will free shipping still be available on new items after I cancel?

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

 

You do not need to redeem your points right away. You have 365 days from the oldest points to use. Say your old points awarded were from December 2011 then you have until December 2012 to use those points. The points will stay on your account for 365 days. Free shipping on new items will be available on items that state free shipping - you don't need to be a BB subscriber. If the item does not have free shipping on it then obviously you have to pay $5 flat shipping.

post #39 of 106

Thanks for the info!

post #40 of 106

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

 

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

 

Thanks!

post #41 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneke V View Post

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

 

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

 

Thanks!

I believe you would get the points for the purchase of the subscriptions (so if it's a three-month subscription, you would get 30 points), but they would get the points for the review portion of the subscription.

 

As far as the boxes-by-number question goes, there's a locked post for June boxes that has what will be links to the boxes (they aren't up yet), and I think the other monthly threads (May, April, etc.) have links to those boxes on the first posts in each thread.

post #42 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneke V View Post

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

 

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

 

Thanks!

I believe you would get the points for the purchase of the subscriptions (so if it's a three-month subscription, you would get 30 points), but they would get the points for the review portion of the subscription.

 

As far as the boxes-by-number question goes, there's a locked post for June boxes that has what will be links to the boxes (they aren't up yet), and I think the other monthly threads (May, April, etc.) have links to those boxes on the first posts in each thread.


You do get the points for buying a gift sub. Unless they've changed that in the last month. : )

post #43 of 106

I've been on the fence about Birchbox for a really long time, but since I've gotten hooked on this subscription thing thanks to Julep Maven, I thought I might at least give it a chance. I signed up for the waitlist last night and found out this morning that I got a spot.

 

However: From reading the other thread about the June boxes, I have 0 interest in any of the items in the sneak peek, so I'd rather pass on the June box. I'm excited for the Glamour collab in July, though, so I definitely do want that. I know that the FAQ on the website says that you will most likely not get your first box until the month after you sign up, but given that it's June 6th today and boxes ship on the 10th, would I still get the June box?

 

So, in other words, should I wait until after the 10th to sign up? Are there any consequences to giving up my spot for now and going back on the waitlist? Is the wait typically pretty short, or was it a fluke that I got in after only a day?

 

So many questions, LOL. Newbie.gif

post #44 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiehan View Post

I've been on the fence about Birchbox for a really long time, but since I've gotten hooked on this subscription thing thanks to Julep Maven, I thought I might at least give it a chance. I signed up for the waitlist last night and found out this morning that I got a spot.

 

However: From reading the other thread about the June boxes, I have 0 interest in any of the items in the sneak peek, so I'd rather pass on the June box. I'm excited for the Glamour collab in July, though, so I definitely do want that. I know that the FAQ on the website says that you will most likely not get your first box until the month after you sign up, but given that it's June 6th today and boxes ship on the 10th, would I still get the June box?

 

So, in other words, should I wait until after the 10th to sign up? Are there any consequences to giving up my spot for now and going back on the waitlist? Is the wait typically pretty short, or was it a fluke that I got in after only a day?

 

So many questions, LOL. Newbie.gif

 

If you rather pass on it then don't sign up, you can always sign up for the waitlist again. If you were to sign up today it's possible you would get the June box. I'm not 100% about the cut off dates for ordering. There are no consequences for deciding not to sign up and going back later to sign up.

post #45 of 106

Odd question:

I live in Central NY. Why do they send my box to Ohio first? It took forever to come back from there last month. One day to get there this time...let's see when it comes back.

post #46 of 106
Thread Starter 

Not an odd question. It's possible their distribution center in your region is in Ohio. Some companies - like Birchbox and MyGlam - have their distribution centers near their headquarters while other companies have multiple distribution centers around the nation OR might not have their distribution center near them at all.

post #47 of 106

When I joined Birchbox last September I received 110 points as an annual subscriber... if I renew this August/September will I receive another 110 points for my annual subscription, or is the 110 points for new members only?

post #48 of 106
Thread Starter 

Good question. From my understanding it's per year.

post #49 of 106

Thanks!

post #50 of 106

Hi, another question about BB gift memberships: for those who have given or received one, what does it look like? Does it just show up in your email, or could the giver put a printout of the gift membership in a card and give it to you to redeem? 

 

NP

post #51 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Hi, another question about BB gift memberships: for those who have given or received one, what does it look like? Does it just show up in your email, or could the giver put a printout of the gift membership in a card and give it to you to redeem? 

 

NP

 

I gave one to my mom and both of those happened. She got an email with our gift note in it and I also printed one out for her mother's day card. Just to warn you...the email got there first even though my confirmation said it wasn't supposed to go out until the day after that!

post #52 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

 

I gave one to my mom and both of those happened. She got an email with our gift note in it and I also printed one out for her mother's day card. Just to warn you...the email got there first even though my confirmation said it wasn't supposed to go out until the day after that!

Thanks, good to know! :)

post #53 of 106

I noticed too late last month that if I order I can choose a duo of samples.  I missed seeing that when I ordered but do they do that every month?  If I plan to order something from the October box how do I get the additional samples?

post #54 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieS View Post

I noticed too late last month that if I order I can choose a duo of samples.  I missed seeing that when I ordered but do they do that every month?  If I plan to order something from the October box how do I get the additional samples?

Towards the middle to end of the month, bb usually sends an email about this. It's a new thing, but great way to pick up stuff you wanted, but didn't get.
post #55 of 106

Does anyone know if you can receive a welcome box even if it isn't your first Birchbox? I got my cousin a 3 month subscription before, and we're going to gift each other for Christmas, but since I have a monthly subscription and she missed a month, would either of us get a welcome box? (I believe she had received a welcome box already.)

post #56 of 106
Thread Starter 

Probably not but it would best to ask Birchbox CS about that since I'm not 100% sure.

post #57 of 106

thanks! :)

post #58 of 106

Silly question I'm sure!  I just gifted myself a BB subscription - something I learned about on here. Thanks!  The welcome box shipped today and I added it to my account.  Am I now going to get duplicate boxes each month?  If so, what should I have done differently? Or, is there a way to change the profile for just the gift at this point?

post #59 of 106

What Birchbox said about my "can you get a welcome box if it's not your first box" question:


 

Quote:

All gift recipients always receive a 'Welcome Birchbox' for their first delivery. After their first month, your recipient's subscription will fall onto our monthly cycle where their Birchboxes will not only be geared towards their preferences, but will encompass the monthly theme as well.

 

Currently we do not have a way to opt you out of receiving a Welcome Birchbox as your first box in your gift subscription, even if you are already a subscriber.

post #60 of 106

How do I add a second subscription to my account? Or do I have to gift myself one?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › FAQs about Birchbox