what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!
- brandBeneFittagged by System, 11/6/12
- itemBenefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORYtagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new at makeup (need advice) Last post on 10/20/13 at 3:51pm in Makeup Talk
- Problematic cosmetics Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:19am in Makeup Talk
- S.O.S. with blog! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:16pm in Makeup Talk
- Please help me and my new beauty blog! Last post on 10/14/13 at 8:47am in Makeup Talk
- The Girl from MTV True life has a nude lipstick video..Is it really her? Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:36pm in Makeup Talk
MakeupTalk Holiday Buying Guide (Staff Picks)
Last edited: 12/12/12
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
- The Official Guide To Benefit TintsLast edited: 2/21/14
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Beauty Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/8/12 at 4:28pmThread Starterpost #3 of 82/22/12 at 11:07pmpost #4 of 87/16/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
There are a hundred brands out there that have what you're looking for, it's just a matter of finding out which one is right for you and how it feels on you. To narrow down your search a bit, I suggest going to a department store's cosmetic department and browse through the brands and maybe book a consult, you'll find what you're looking for.post #5 of 87/16/12 at 6:10pm
I really like hello flawless oxygen wow from benefit as a liquid foundation and as a powder bare minerals foundation. If you are not someone who likes to wear foundation or much makeup at all, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer. It wont give you much coverage, but it wont feel cakey.
Actually, the cakey thing is when people over apply their makeup. I would suggest the hello flawless for you because its really lightweight, but then again its a preference thing. I would suggest going to somewhere like sephora to help you find one. but if you are looking for a little coverage, go with a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.post #6 of 87/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #7 of 810/30/12 at 9:47ampost #8 of 810/30/12 at 10:55am
I'd try a BB cream. They give sheer coverage and provide benefits like sunscreen and anti-aging properties so you will get into the routine of putting it on in the morning and also get the benefit of skin that looks like yours but just a little bit better. They usually blend in to a variety of shades of skin and you can buy them at the drugstore for not too much money. Way before the BB cream talk, I always used a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20, anti-aging retinols and a slight tint from Neutrogena. I still use it in rotation with my other foundations, I like to play around with different formulas. Here's the info on the Neutrogena one, it's called Healthy Skin Enhancer, I buy it at Target and it's $10.49 and you can find it on sale or get a coupon for it occasionally too.
Healthy Skin Enhancer is an alternative to foundation that provides everything you need for softer, healthier and younger-looking skin in one beautiful step.
This dermatologist-developed formula contains a vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to visibly smooth fine lines and reduce signs of aging. It nourishes skin and protects against future sun damage with a weightless SPF 20 moisturizer. Each skin-enhancing shade provides a sheer tint of color for a more even, naturally beautiful look.
Hope this helps!
- Best Foundation
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › The Monday Club 1 minute ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 1 minute ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 2 minutes ago
- › NatureBox 9 minutes ago
- › April 2014 No/Low-Buy Support, Advice, Free Hugs, and Commiseration 9 minutes ago
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 11 minutes ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep May 2014 23 minutes ago
- › Circular Swap #5: South Discussion 24 minutes ago
- › Golden Tote 30 minutes ago
- › PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box 30 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene