what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!
- brandBeneFittagged by System, 11/6/12
- itemBenefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORYtagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new at makeup (need advice) Last post on 10/20/13 at 3:51pm in Makeup Talk
- Problematic cosmetics Last post on 10/17/13 at 1:02pm in Makeup Talk
- S.O.S. with blog! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:16pm in Makeup Talk
- Please help me and my new beauty blog! Last post on 10/14/13 at 8:47am in Makeup Talk
- The Girl from MTV True life has a nude lipstick video..Is it really her? Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:36pm in Makeup Talk
MakeupTalk Holiday Buying Guide (Staff Picks)
Last edited: 12/12/12
- Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You Didn't Plan On ItLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- Makeup For MenLast edited: 10/1/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
Beauty Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/8/12 at 4:28pmThread Starterpost #3 of 82/22/12 at 11:07pmpost #4 of 87/16/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
There are a hundred brands out there that have what you're looking for, it's just a matter of finding out which one is right for you and how it feels on you. To narrow down your search a bit, I suggest going to a department store's cosmetic department and browse through the brands and maybe book a consult, you'll find what you're looking for.post #5 of 87/16/12 at 6:10pm
I really like hello flawless oxygen wow from benefit as a liquid foundation and as a powder bare minerals foundation. If you are not someone who likes to wear foundation or much makeup at all, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer. It wont give you much coverage, but it wont feel cakey.
Actually, the cakey thing is when people over apply their makeup. I would suggest the hello flawless for you because its really lightweight, but then again its a preference thing. I would suggest going to somewhere like sephora to help you find one. but if you are looking for a little coverage, go with a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.post #6 of 87/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #7 of 810/30/12 at 9:47ampost #8 of 810/30/12 at 10:55am
I'd try a BB cream. They give sheer coverage and provide benefits like sunscreen and anti-aging properties so you will get into the routine of putting it on in the morning and also get the benefit of skin that looks like yours but just a little bit better. They usually blend in to a variety of shades of skin and you can buy them at the drugstore for not too much money. Way before the BB cream talk, I always used a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20, anti-aging retinols and a slight tint from Neutrogena. I still use it in rotation with my other foundations, I like to play around with different formulas. Here's the info on the Neutrogena one, it's called Healthy Skin Enhancer, I buy it at Target and it's $10.49 and you can find it on sale or get a coupon for it occasionally too.
Healthy Skin Enhancer is an alternative to foundation that provides everything you need for softer, healthier and younger-looking skin in one beautiful step.
This dermatologist-developed formula contains a vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to visibly smooth fine lines and reduce signs of aging. It nourishes skin and protects against future sun damage with a weightless SPF 20 moisturizer. Each skin-enhancing shade provides a sheer tint of color for a more even, naturally beautiful look.
Hope this helps!
- Best Foundation
Beauty Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You Didn't Plan On It
- › *Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box 10 seconds ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 35 seconds ago
- › (Spoilers) November Birchbox 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Skincare Helpppp! 7 minutes ago
- › (SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed! 8 minutes ago
- › Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!) 9 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 10 minutes ago
- › Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy? 12 minutes ago
- › POPSUGAR Must Have Holiday Box for Men 2013 16 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 26 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene
- › How to create wonderful eyebrows by elyseadel
- › Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse by Airi Magdalene