what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!
- brandBeneFittagged by System, 11/6/12
- itemBenefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORYtagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new at makeup (need advice) Last post on 10/20/13 at 3:51pm in Makeup Talk
- Problematic cosmetics Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:19am in Makeup Talk
- S.O.S. with blog! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:16pm in Makeup Talk
- Please help me and my new beauty blog! Last post on 10/14/13 at 8:47am in Makeup Talk
- The Girl from MTV True life has a nude lipstick video..Is it really her? Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:36pm in Makeup Talk
MakeupTalk Holiday Buying Guide (Staff Picks)
Last edited: 12/12/12
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
- The Official Guide To Benefit TintsLast edited: 2/21/14
I purchased this product about a month ago from Birchbox.com, I used my points so I got it for basically free but if you're just buying it it's 20 dollars; for the most part. I have suffered from...
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
Beauty Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/8/12 at 4:28pmThread Starterpost #3 of 82/22/12 at 11:07pmpost #4 of 87/16/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
There are a hundred brands out there that have what you're looking for, it's just a matter of finding out which one is right for you and how it feels on you. To narrow down your search a bit, I suggest going to a department store's cosmetic department and browse through the brands and maybe book a consult, you'll find what you're looking for.post #5 of 87/16/12 at 6:10pm
I really like hello flawless oxygen wow from benefit as a liquid foundation and as a powder bare minerals foundation. If you are not someone who likes to wear foundation or much makeup at all, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer. It wont give you much coverage, but it wont feel cakey.
Actually, the cakey thing is when people over apply their makeup. I would suggest the hello flawless for you because its really lightweight, but then again its a preference thing. I would suggest going to somewhere like sephora to help you find one. but if you are looking for a little coverage, go with a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.post #6 of 87/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #7 of 810/30/12 at 9:47ampost #8 of 810/30/12 at 10:55am
I'd try a BB cream. They give sheer coverage and provide benefits like sunscreen and anti-aging properties so you will get into the routine of putting it on in the morning and also get the benefit of skin that looks like yours but just a little bit better. They usually blend in to a variety of shades of skin and you can buy them at the drugstore for not too much money. Way before the BB cream talk, I always used a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20, anti-aging retinols and a slight tint from Neutrogena. I still use it in rotation with my other foundations, I like to play around with different formulas. Here's the info on the Neutrogena one, it's called Healthy Skin Enhancer, I buy it at Target and it's $10.49 and you can find it on sale or get a coupon for it occasionally too.
Healthy Skin Enhancer is an alternative to foundation that provides everything you need for softer, healthier and younger-looking skin in one beautiful step.
This dermatologist-developed formula contains a vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to visibly smooth fine lines and reduce signs of aging. It nourishes skin and protects against future sun damage with a weightless SPF 20 moisturizer. Each skin-enhancing shade provides a sheer tint of color for a more even, naturally beautiful look.
Hope this helps!
- Best Foundation
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › February Favorites 2014 43 seconds ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 58 seconds ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 1 minute ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 1 minute ago
- › Cute new storage :D 3 minutes ago
- › Beauty blender vs Sigma F80 4 minutes ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 4 minutes ago
- › New Polish Circular Swap 7 minutes ago
- › Filling in eyebrows 7 minutes ago
- › Your favourite mascara! 10 minutes ago
- › 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - 1 fl oz by PikaPop
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene