or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's Get Fit Together! - Page 29

post #841 of 870
Lol. I don't usually like photos. This is what I work to work.
post #842 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

I just want to say, I'm down 39lbs since June 1st, 2012. I've just bought my first pairs of size 11 jeans, a size I've not seen in a couple of years. Size 16 to size 11...Size 8 is getting closer.


Congrats!!! Thats awesome!!!!

post #843 of 870

It feels like I've hit a plateau.  I'd been buying some new clothes tho :)

 

700

post #844 of 870

I've gone back to not eating breakfast and it seems to be working.  I lost 1.5lbs this week.  I'm still pluggin away. I've packed up 4 bags of clothing so far for donations because they are too big.  42lbs gone from my body. 

post #845 of 870

Whew, it has been awhile since I posted here!

 

I moved to Japan and it was a little bit of a rough transition. I was initially really worried about such a huge change in diet and activity but it turns out that there was really nothing to e worried about at all! Almost a blessing in disguise. 

 

I use a bike to get everywhere here. I think that has been the biggest change in my fitness level. I was exercising before I came, but biking everywhere took it to the next level. It was a little hard at first, but now I'm a professional. Saving money and burning fat at the same time!

 

I am so much more active here in general... I log more steps and my stair climbing is insane. I don't know if I was just lazy at home or what, but I rarely used the stairs. Here I climb at least 15 flights a day! 

 

It is all paying off too... I've been here a month and a half and I'm down 11 pounds. 

 

Another good thing is that the school I'm at provides a really healthy lunch and snack during the day. The food here is mostly healthy, with a lot of vegetables/fish and little meat, so I eat a lot of low calorie food. I think I'm fuller because of that... I can eat more.

 

I'm kind of dreading going back home! 

 

In total, I've lost 43 pounds, with 47 more to go! It feels like forever, but it feels good to be almost halfway done... I'm like a whole other person. 

post #846 of 870

You are doing absolutely amazing! You are very inspiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

I've gone back to not eating breakfast and it seems to be working.  I lost 1.5lbs this week.  I'm still pluggin away. I've packed up 4 bags of clothing so far for donations because they are too big.  42lbs gone from my body. 

post #847 of 870

Wow what a transition. Where are you from originally?

 

Good job with a weight loss! You've gotten so far, you can definitely reach your goal of being 100 lbs lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gaeul View Post

 

I moved to Japan and it was a little bit of a rough transition. I was initially really worried about such a huge change in diet and activity but it turns out that there was really nothing to e worried about at all! Almost a blessing in disguise. 

 

In total, I've lost 43 pounds, with 47 more to go! It feels like forever, but it feels good to be almost halfway done... I'm like a whole other person. 

post #848 of 870

43lbs? That is totally awesome!  I know how much hard work that means because I also lost 42lbs so far with 22lbs to go.  Congratulations! I'm sure you feel great! Keep up the great work and I hope it is a new way of life for you when you return home.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gaeul View Post

Whew, it has been awhile since I posted here!

 

I moved to Japan and it was a little bit of a rough transition. I was initially really worried about such a huge change in diet and activity but it turns out that there was really nothing to e worried about at all! Almost a blessing in disguise. 

 

I use a bike to get everywhere here. I think that has been the biggest change in my fitness level. I was exercising before I came, but biking everywhere took it to the next level. It was a little hard at first, but now I'm a professional. Saving money and burning fat at the same time!

 

I am so much more active here in general... I log more steps and my stair climbing is insane. I don't know if I was just lazy at home or what, but I rarely used the stairs. Here I climb at least 15 flights a day! 

 

It is all paying off too... I've been here a month and a half and I'm down 11 pounds. 

 

Another good thing is that the school I'm at provides a really healthy lunch and snack during the day. The food here is mostly healthy, with a lot of vegetables/fish and little meat, so I eat a lot of low calorie food. I think I'm fuller because of that... I can eat more.

 

I'm kind of dreading going back home! 

 

In total, I've lost 43 pounds, with 47 more to go! It feels like forever, but it feels good to be almost halfway done... I'm like a whole other person. 

post #849 of 870

I'm from the United States. :)

 

I'm currently 177 now and I feel great about myself, even though I still have a lot of weight to go. divadoll, I think our weight loss journey is very similar :)

post #850 of 870
We are traveling similar journeys, that's for sure. I'm 5'6" and 175lbs. I wear a size 10/11 right now. My goal weight is 153lbs for now. I calculated my body fat % and this is appropriate for my frame size. Have you checked out a body fat calculator, maybe you are closer to your goal than you think. My body shape has changed. I have gone from an A cup when I weighed 118lbs to a DD right now. I would like to keep the DD and therefore would account for the extra weight. I would be considered normal weight on a bmi scale at 154lbs so I think I have a reasonable target. I will adjust when I reach that land mark, hopefully by March smile.gif

I do have a hell of a lot of fun shopping. My size has gone from size 16, XL to 10/11, M/L. Gotta love it! I'm starting to look like my old self...the one that turned heads and made jaws drop and cause traffic accidents. Maybe I'll get to be that way one more time smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gaeul View Post

I'm from the United States. smile.gif

I'm currently 177 now and I feel great about myself, even though I still have a lot of weight to go. divadoll, I think our weight loss journey is very similar smile.gif
post #851 of 870

I have checked out the BMI and my range is so large! I'm 5"3 so I'm supposed to be between 108 and 145 to be in the "normal" weight range. My doctor told me before that he thinks I would do well around 120 according to my body size. I find that a little crazy though, since I've never been under 160 in my life. So I'm aiming for 130ish and I'll see how my body is doing when I hit that stage of my weight loss. It is only 32 pounds to hit the normal range though, you are right!

 

I'm still wearing my size 12 jeans, but I can fit into an 10 now, something really recent! I usually wear loose clothing though for modesty purposes so I'll be sticking with my 12s for a little longer. biggrin.gif

 

I think I'm just enjoying being healthy and doing things that I stopped myself from doing earlier. I climbed a freaking mountain last weekend and it was killer. The old me would have checked out from the start at that sort of thing. The new me pushed through it though!

 

It helps that there are so many elderly people here who are so fit! They are climbing mountains and riding their bikes everywhere, so I don't really have an excuse! LOL

 

 

I'm grateful I can fit into anything here! I am right at the cusp of sizing, any bigger and my size wouldn't exist in most places here. When I first came I thought I wouldn't find any clothing at all, but it is possible! 

post #852 of 870
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/
This is the site I use. It has a body fat calculator on the site along with a good waist/hip ratio to determine heart decease risk etc. I love it. I use the body fat calc, not the bmi to set my goal. It is changeable once I get closer to my target.

At size 11, I don't have to unbutton my jeans to remove them and I have to wear a belt. I have bigger legs so I'm still 10/11. Tops are loose at a Large. I still wear some XL because they are already in my closet. I still have size 13s and 15s jeans too.

I had always been 118 - 145lbs until I had children then I ballooned. I had hovered at 190 but something's happened last year and this that I ballooned further to almost 220lb. I never want to be that weight again!

Yes! Asia is the land of tiny sizes. I had ordered some traditional Chinese dresses, it is very humbling to order size xxxxl. I can swim in that dress now when it was too tight even at 15lbs ago.
post #853 of 870

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm determined to lose some pounds, but I thought it may be a good idea to join and have just a bit of encouragment from those in the same boat as me. And I will also be offering encouragment to all of you! We can do it!!! :)

 

Over the last year or so I've been struggling with losing the extra weight I had put on after giving birth to my son (who is now four). I began exercising 15-20 minutes a day for two months or so until I built up a bit of stamina. Then I switched to the Insanity program with Shaun-T, and let me tell you.....it is TOUGH!!!! They call it Insanity for a reason. However, I had never been more energized throughout the day. My diet hadn't changed and I'm a BIG junk food fanatic, so even after starting this ridiculous workout routine, I was only maintaining my weight. I finally bit the bullet and changed my diet. Cut out soda, and started having breakfast (either a slimfast or a Chobani yogurt). And THEN I started to lose the pounds. 20 to be exact! I was very proud of myself.

 

However, after many stressful life changes I dropped the diet and exercise plan to focus on my life several months ago. And I've been gaining some pounds again....only 5, but still, it worries me. I want to get back into it but it's been very tough. Started Insanity again, however, I find it nearly impossible to get through and instead of 6 days a week I'm only getting in 3-4.

 

Also, I was wondering what people thought of the raspberry ketones I've been hearing such good things about? Anyone using them?

post #854 of 870

Have any of you had good results with the 30 day shred? I'm considering getting that because I need to lose weight. It's only $9 right now on Amazon with free 2 day shipping since I have Prime.

post #855 of 870

Amberlamps, yes I lost a total of 20 pounds within 6 months I believe. However, if you are going to do this you need to make sure you are physically capable of such a program. It is as intense as it gets. If you have knee, back, or hip problems I would steer away from this. Also, if you decide to go with the 30 day shred go into it with a good diet. I was busting my butt with this for several months prior to adopting a diet and I didn't lose more than 5 pounds. Although, I was eating ridiculously bad (pizza, soda, chocolate, chips, etc.).

 

I have the 60 day total body conditioning and it kicked my butt, but you know what? I wouldn't go with any other workout now because no other workout gives me the crazy amount of energy I had. I felt great and the pounds melted off as soon as I changed my diet.

post #856 of 870

Good to know. I probably won't start anything until January either way though, as I've got finals this week and then winter break where I'll actually get quite a bit of exercise in (hiking and cross country skiing).

post #857 of 870

Finally getting back to the gym!!! I just moved and its been so crazy for like 2 months. I haven't gained any weight but hopefully now I can get into a routine and start losing some more. On a good note, i tried on a shirt that I haven't worn in like a year, and it looks awesome on me!! I couldn't be happier. I loved it when I bought it but it was too tight so i never wore it, I'm glad I saved it lol I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you before then!!

post #858 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gaeul View Post

I have checked out the BMI and my range is so large! I'm 5"3 so I'm supposed to be between 108 and 145 to be in the "normal" weight range. My doctor told me before that he thinks I would do well around 120 according to my body size. I find that a little crazy though, since I've never been under 160 in my life. So I'm aiming for 130ish and I'll see how my body is doing when I hit that stage of my weight loss. It is only 32 pounds to hit the normal range though, you are right!

 

I'm still wearing my size 12 jeans, but I can fit into an 10 now, something really recent! I usually wear loose clothing though for modesty purposes so I'll be sticking with my 12s for a little longer. biggrin.gif

 

I think I'm just enjoying being healthy and doing things that I stopped myself from doing earlier. I climbed a freaking mountain last weekend and it was killer. The old me would have checked out from the start at that sort of thing. The new me pushed through it though!

 

It helps that there are so many elderly people here who are so fit! They are climbing mountains and riding their bikes everywhere, so I don't really have an excuse! LOL

 

 

I'm grateful I can fit into anything here! I am right at the cusp of sizing, any bigger and my size wouldn't exist in most places here. When I first came I thought I wouldn't find any clothing at all, but it is possible! 

 

Hi guys,

 

I'm relatively new to makeup talk but was looking to join a fitness forum and saw that there was one here! I've had kind of an interesting journey- I lost 50 lbs about 4 years ago now, put 20 back on in the course of 2 years and got back to where I started about a year ago (I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and went from a size 10-12 to a 6. I've been at a bit of a plateau for about a year but I've been kicking things into high gear the past month and have gone down a size, but not really any poundage (I'm starting to get worried about what will happen over the holidays though :/).

 

 I saw the above post and wanted to say that the BMI scale is one of my biggest pet peeves ever and I'm a perfect example of why. I started lifting weights after I started putting weight back on and it is the only thing that has stabilized my weight and now adding more complicated lifts has been what's started to cut into my plateau (don't be afraid to lift weights ladies!). I weigh about 143 and I'm 5'2" on a good day, probably closer to 5"1'. By the BMI I am at the higher end of overweight, but I now wear a size 4! Women who lift weight build muscle and as everyone says, muscle weighs more than fat! I think the BMI might be a helpful place to start, but every time I go to a new doctor they come in prepared to have the weight talk with me, look at me, and then ask if I lift weights. I'm being long-winded but moral of the story is don't let the BMI get you down! You climbed a MOUNTAIN! That's huge! You should focus on how your clothes fit and your amazing accomplishments and not on an antiquated scale!

post #859 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm determined to lose some pounds, but I thought it may be a good idea to join and have just a bit of encouragment from those in the same boat as me. And I will also be offering encouragment to all of you! We can do it!!! :)

 

Over the last year or so I've been struggling with losing the extra weight I had put on after giving birth to my son (who is now four). I began exercising 15-20 minutes a day for two months or so until I built up a bit of stamina. Then I switched to the Insanity program with Shaun-T, and let me tell you.....it is TOUGH!!!! They call it Insanity for a reason. However, I had never been more energized throughout the day. My diet hadn't changed and I'm a BIG junk food fanatic, so even after starting this ridiculous workout routine, I was only maintaining my weight. I finally bit the bullet and changed my diet. Cut out soda, and started having breakfast (either a slimfast or a Chobani yogurt). And THEN I started to lose the pounds. 20 to be exact! I was very proud of myself.

 

However, after many stressful life changes I dropped the diet and exercise plan to focus on my life several months ago. And I've been gaining some pounds again....only 5, but still, it worries me. I want to get back into it but it's been very tough. Started Insanity again, however, I find it nearly impossible to get through and instead of 6 days a week I'm only getting in 3-4.

 

Also, I was wondering what people thought of the raspberry ketones I've been hearing such good things about? Anyone using them?

I love messing with supplements and I haven't tried these yet but I had a girlfriend who did and said they didn't make too much of a difference, but they had a sort-of placebo effect for her. She felt like if she was going to spend money on a supplement then she should be watching what she ate and making sure she got to the gym- so it could be effective in that way! A protein supplement made the most difference for me and I have at least 1 shake every day.

post #860 of 870

Hey, is anyone still getting fit here? I am part of a 90-day challenge. The winning team gets $1000, but honestly I just want to wear the adorable clothes in my closet that I've become to fat to wear. My goal is to fit into my super cute JAG jeans. I do have a weight goal, but I am more concerned with overall health and how my clothes fit. Would love to hear what you're doing and share my own ideas. Anyone left?

post #861 of 870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

Hey, is anyone still getting fit here? I am part of a 90-day challenge. The winning team gets $1000, but honestly I just want to wear the adorable clothes in my closet that I've become to fat to wear. My goal is to fit into my super cute JAG jeans. I do have a weight goal, but I am more concerned with overall health and how my clothes fit. Would love to hear what you're doing and share my own ideas. Anyone left?

 

My workout schedule has come to a screeching halt with my knee injury. Right now, I can only really focus on my diet until I get an idea of how extensive an injury and surgery options. Thankfully I have an MRI today so hopefully have an answer soon.

post #862 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

My workout schedule has come to a screeching halt with my knee injury. Right now, I can only really focus on my diet until I get an idea of how extensive an injury and surgery options. Thankfully I have an MRI today so hopefully have an answer soon.

 

Oh no, that is awful! That is actually how I gained so much weight...I used to be a runner and ran 5Ks all the time to keep at it. Then I got injured and had to stop. Then I s-l-o-w-l-y worked my way back to another 5K, injured myself again during the first half mile, and did my personal worst. I was very discouraged. It seems like every time I run more than 2 miles I injure myself no matter how slowly I work up to it and how many wraps I put in strategic places. :(

 

I am not running anymore (boo!), but I can do other things that aren't so brutal and pounding to my (non-runner's) body. I will be thinking of you and hoping for your recovery and ability to do other things too. It took me a long time and I didn't get surgery, but I can already feel myself becoming stronger again.

post #863 of 870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

 

Oh no, that is awful! That is actually how I gained so much weight...I used to be a runner and ran 5Ks all the time to keep at it. Then I got injured and had to stop. Then I s-l-o-w-l-y worked my way back to another 5K, injured myself again during the first half mile, and did my personal worst. I was very discouraged. It seems like every time I run more than 2 miles I injure myself no matter how slowly I work up to it and how many wraps I put in strategic places. :(

 

I am not running anymore (boo!), but I can do other things that aren't so brutal and pounding to my (non-runner's) body. I will be thinking of you and hoping for your recovery and ability to do other things too. It took me a long time and I didn't get surgery, but I can already feel myself becoming stronger again.

 

Glad you are getting stronger! I am a fencer and my primary lunging leg is my right leg, which is of course the knee that I hurt. The MRI went well, now I just need to wait until Wednesday to talk to the Ortho surgeon about options. Hopefully, we can get this buttoned up soon!

post #864 of 870
We did a lot of linebacker-type training tonight, and I learned that I still need to wrap my knees and wear calf sleeves. :/
post #865 of 870

Anyone still active here? I've recently joined a new gym after a three-month break from my old one and things are looking good. I've been working out using the machines and would like to move on to free weights after I get over my gym anxiety (any tips on that?). How's everyone else doing?

 

I hope your knee is getting better, Pancua! And lots of luck to Jackieblue's 90-day challenge - and everyone else who's working to take better care of their health! :) 

post #866 of 870

I need some free weights tips too :-)

 

I've been using my elliptical 3x a week but want to add in some free weights. Anyone have a rec for a DVD or youtube for a simple workout I can start with. 

post #867 of 870

I am still here! Today our Renshi was "inspired" by Beyonce's halftime show and I had issues walking out of the building, LOL. Going well though...scale is headed in the right direction so far. ;)

post #868 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by page5 View Post

I need some free weights tips too :-)

 

I've been using my elliptical 3x a week but want to add in some free weights. Anyone have a rec for a DVD or youtube for a simple workout I can start with. 

These are not Youtube links but here are two beginner workouts I've seen recommended on another forum. Haven't tried them out personally, but the site has a lot of information on different exercises. What do you think?

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-1 (Full body)

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-2 (Split between upper and lower body)

 

Here are also two articles I found interesting about common gym and free weight misconceptions, if anyone is interested. :)

http://www.stumptuous.com/dont-fear-the-free-weights

http://www.stumptuous.com/lies-in-the-gym

post #869 of 870
Post moved to a new thread. wink.gif
post #870 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauu View Post

These are not Youtube links but here are two beginner workouts I've seen recommended on another forum. Haven't tried them out personally, but the site has a lot of information on different exercises. What do you think?

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-1 (Full body)

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-2 (Split between upper and lower body)

 

Here are also two articles I found interesting about common gym and free weight misconceptions, if anyone is interested. :)

http://www.stumptuous.com/dont-fear-the-free-weights

http://www.stumptuous.com/lies-in-the-gym

 

Thanks for the recs - gives me a good place to start and a new website to explore :-) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health and Fitness Talk